Hp +8
Attack +3
Sight +1
Armor +1/+1
Heal Increase +5
Attachments
templar%20knight%20upg[1].png
templar%20knight%20upg[1].png (1.48 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
Last edited by LordOfAles on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Fildin

Re: Templar Knight Upgrade

Post by Fildin »

Better name is High Templar in my opinion. Anyway amazing idea for very strong mounted unit.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Cool name I approve :D this should be implemented fast the templar knight is never used
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I occasionally use them, although only in very specific situations.

I like using them as scout troops early game when there aren't many units on the boards, as they can kill something, then heal on the way to the next conflict.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Was there a topic for this already?
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

U can also use this icon
Attachments
templar knight upg.png
templar knight upg.png (1.48 KiB) Viewed 5186 times
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

If my icon is used, I think mounted knight templar would b a better name, and templar knight should simply b renamed to mounted templar, high templar could b a third tier upgrade in the future...

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Agreed
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Updated first post
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

LOVE idea!!!!

Can this be implemented soon please!
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Patrol3110

Post by Patrol3110 »

Like i said before in another post,this needs to get implemeted. Templars are one of the stongest foot units and a very average mounted unit
I can bet you don't know who I am.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Looks very good! Thank you all for getting this unit ready - ACCEPTED!

Could someone please summarize the final stats (ie what the actual values are not just how much more than Templar)?
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Re: Templar Knight Upgrade - ACCEPTED

Post by godOfKings »

HP 39
Atk 12
Armor 3/3
Sight 5
Speed 5
Heal rate 10
Spell resist 100%

It has 1 more hp than knight templar
Last edited by godOfKings on Wed May 16, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But we need an icon for upgrade

Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

How about we make the knight templar upgrades effect both templars? Just like with armored skeletons.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Good idea

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

godOfKings wrote:It has 2 more hp, 1 more atk than knight templar and can one hit kill a halberdier
oi did not realize that. What other units can one shot halberdiers?
Thanks!
Josh
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Without blacksmith upgrades or any buffs only war elephant and his upgrade. From cavalry units.
Other than that - incoming master axeman upgrade (but he needs to spend both his turns), Celtic warrior, Samurai and upgrade, Man-at-arms (2 tier upgrade for swordman), ornithopter, catapult and upgrade, ballista and upgrade, castle, catapult ship, cannon, cannon ship, maceman, flail soldier, spartan hoplite.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

for something costing 6 turns, i wouldnt mind if the upgraded unit has 1 more attack than heavy knight and can one shot kill halberdiers

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

godOfKings wrote:for something costing 6 turns, i wouldnt mind if the upgraded unit has 1 more attack than heavy knight and can one shot kill halberdiers
Agree - both elephant and this one cost much higher than halberdier.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay, I think we should not increase the attack for this mounted to one shot a halberdier. Halberdiers are supposed to be the specialty against it - other wise this unit would not have a clear weakness and OP.

I would be okay adding bonuses against other units or adding armor or heal power instead.
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

btw, you can test these proposed stats in the game with triggers - that will definitely always be a determining factor in stat change discussions.
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

currently there are units like lancers and voulgirs, also max upgraded halberdier with 10 atk can kill every ingame cavalry with just 1 hit (dealing 55 damage) i think killing a 6 turn unit with one hit from a 2 turn unit is wat i would call unbalanced and op, so to make up for it, 6 turn unit can also kill 2 turn unit with 1 hit, and it is quite easy to effectively use pike men, u can hide them in wagons, siege mantlets, factories, guard towers etc... also templars dont have bonus against pikemen, so if halberdier atks first then they will still survive from counter atk of knight templar

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

after considering puss's suggestion and how cheap upgrading it would b, i have decided its best if the stats r not too much different than heavy knight, so i edited my stats suggestion and made atk 12, and hp 39

still, 3/3 armor and heal spell is great for his survival, cuz upgrading halberdiers to give 8 atk (enough to kill him in one hit) will still take some time, and the player can also use knight templars alongside him

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

godOfKings wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:59 pm after considering puss's suggestion and how cheap upgrading it would b, i have decided its best if the stats r not too much different than heavy knight, so i edited my stats suggestion and made atk 12, and hp 39

still, 3/3 armor and heal spell is great for his survival, cuz upgrading halberdiers to give 8 atk (enough to kill him in one hit) will still take some time, and the player can also use knight templars alongside him
Is that change up in stats or down?
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:26 pm HP 39
Atk 12
Armor 3/3
Sight 5
Speed 5
Heal rate 10
Spell resist 100%

It has 1 more hp than knight templar

I only edit the first post with the latest change in stats

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Ok thanks.
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

accepted please someone make json for it and the tech - thanks!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Actually it should b marked as implemented, it was implemented on last vote

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I thought we have only templar knight without upgrade, this will be the upgraded version

Return to “Unit - mounted”