Protected Light

General Brave

Protected Light

Post by General Brave »

Research in Church.
Cost 6-7
Cool down 6-7

A Spell cast by the Healer to protect all bodies in a 5 or 6 radius from back to life by the Lich or whoever using animated spell.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Protected Light

Post by DoomCarrot »

Cool idea +1
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Really cool idea. However research cost and cooldown are way too high. Try lowering research to 5-6 and cooldown to 5-4 for more balance, otherwise it wouldn't be very worth to waste 7 turns of production to get an ability that doesn't have such a great effect and has a 7 cooldown.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So the research should be 6 and the cool down also could be 6, how about that Skelegonsans?
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Good, but cooldown still looks a bit too high for that range. Either make it 4-5 or increase the ability range IMO.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

I feel like undead are already easy to counter, and this effect can easily be done by moving units on top of the corpses. Redundant in my opinion.
A new age will dawn. Ravens will be the herald angels, the stars will shine cold, for from the Star's End, I, THE ADORABLE RAVANCLOAK, HAVE AWOKEN. -- That's why I and my Vespa wanted to say こんにちは!
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well, it could instead weaken the Undead instead. By lowing their attack or Hp. It would be nice for late-game.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

This spell could still be useful though, although I think cooldown of 4-5 would be ok.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

How big are Tech icons? And also ability one.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I like that. I'd also like a second spell (higher level and with a very long cooldown) to bring back to life a protected body (a true resurrection)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Alexander82 wrote:I like that. I'd also like a second spell (higher level and with a very long cooldown) to bring back to life a protected body (a true resurrection)
Unfortunately hard to make. Was that horseman corpse an imperial knight, light cavalry, raptor rider, or a centaur? Those are a bit too different to justify turning into a basic knight for simplicity.
The glorious sun rises again
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

So true. But if it was somehow possible to "store" in the game's variables what unit that corpse was when it died (I don't know if it's possible but it might be), the game could use that variable to define the unit type and put the ressurected unit at the player that owns the caster's control. Maybe that can't be done but if it can it might work.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sounds easy, just have something that will remember what it was before and when you use a resurrection spell on it, it would change that skeleton back what it was. Sounds like to me a change type trigger.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

True, maybe that'd work.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:
Alexander82 wrote:I like that. I'd also like a second spell (higher level and with a very long cooldown) to bring back to life a protected body (a true resurrection)
Unfortunately hard to make. Was that horseman corpse an imperial knight, light cavalry, raptor rider, or a centaur? Those are a bit too different to justify turning into a basic knight for simplicity.
I was thinking to summon simply a basic unit (let's say that an imperial knight have lost part of its armor in the fight). I think that storing the unit type might be too complex for a single coder to make in his free time
Age of Fantasy design leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

If it is too complex then maybe scrap the idea. It would be very weird if my dead Imperial Shielder turned into a Warrior after being ressurected. :?
But the first spell should be kept though, it's good.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

My concern is more like "how did an orc axe thrower turn into a human archer"
The glorious sun rises again
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Yeah, that too. :lol:
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well,will we have max 6 race in next few years and 5 types of them,,we can make diffrent corpuses for all of them (undeads acctualy dont need them,so we already have one "set" so its 20 new units,but thats when dwarfs and scaledfolks get in. Right now just 10 ). They cloud look have diffrent images what will be cool,but it will take time and might be wierd after reanimation. Otherwise its only copy and paste,few minuts of work. But then humans might get basic units of all races. It will need colldown thought.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

New corpses, that work.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Maybe
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Human technology to revive the dead?
To living again.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Something like that.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Skelegonsans wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:03 pm So true. But if it was somehow possible to "store" in the game's variables what unit that corpse was when it died (I don't know if it's possible but it might be), the game could use that variable to define the unit type and put the ressurected unit at the player that owns the caster's control. Maybe that can't be done but if it can it might work.
Hey General, are you able to code this? If so, a ressurection spell would work great.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I don't think I can, but I'm sure Daniel can.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Oh. We might wanna make it simpler then.

Return to “Human Technologies”