Unit: Werewolf (Humans)

Skelegonsans

Re: Werewolf

Post by Skelegonsans »

Then lets put it in humans.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I still think it should be a undead race.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Maybe not... it doesnt make much sense since the werewolf is a livinving creature
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Yes but it is considered Undead due to a Werewolf being cursed (and from experiences in Roblox and GMOD servers)
Epic Gamer Moment!
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Ohhh this seems complicate :roll:
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

it generally depends on the setting you are using.

Generally they are in horror stories but lycantropy is used in many genres
Age of Fantasy design leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Yeh, choosing where to put it is rather difficult :geek:

I still think it is more to the human side than to the undead side (of the force :mrgreen: )
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

What do u think?
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

ók, If really want this unit as from humans, I Agree
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

And stats? Does everyone agree with stats?
jboer2

Post by jboer2 »

Stats are good. I'd put in human race too.
Thus it may be know that the leader of armies is the arbiter of the people's fate, the one on whom it depends whether the nation shall be in peace or in peril.
Alexander82

Re: Unit: Werewolf (Undeads)

Post by Alexander82 »

merged
Age of Fantasy design leader
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

So this will be moved to humans?
Im not coming. Im impending
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I think it should be human, and the human form that Alexandra made is great. But the werewolf form that he made need to be more 3D, looking a bit the right and ready to pounce or break into a run. The one that dust-n-steel made is good, but it doesn't have any indication of team color and it needs to be working on a bit. Otherwise it seemed good.

The stat is another story.

When he human, shouldn't he be weaker. Except he has a sword and a staff to keep him company alone in the cave.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

how about not just a unit but a research, which could turn your units (for human race only) into werewolfs?
"Curse of the moon"
Turns all humans units into werewolfs completly (no human form)
No blacksmith ungrades, different mages, different techs (but will count already learned)
Can't build new towers and fortresses, walls, catapults (you still can use existing ones). But instead you gain more powerful units.

WARNING!!! During transformation some of your units could go wild! (all units (exept buildings, catapults and trebushets) would have a chance to go neutral or even to your enemy (about 15%), units with higher spell resistance have HIGHER chance (up to 30%), unchanged by transformation)
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

We can have a magic user that able to Polymorph or Transmutation (whatever you want to call it) your units into animals or dragon or the weaker version of the other race.

It maybe he could do the same to the enemies by turning them into a sheep so you kill them easier.

The effects could last three turn and the cool down 5.
Those not affected to it has to have a high resistance spell.

Anyways I prefer the werewolf as a unit that come from a new structure. Maybe a tavern.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The new werewolf units (wretched humens under this plague) will also transform their building into new ones. WITH reset of production.
I already have some ideas for new units and mages of werewolfs. (Call them Worgen, 3 type of mages:
Worgen wizard: aka dark mage, spells: slow, Weaken (aka Strenchen but for enemy units to give them -3 to attack and both defences), lifelink, Tornado (puts an invurable immovable tornado unit, which damages all units near it (range 2). Both your, allied and enemies. Damages water, amphibians and air units more. Can be passed through by all units, even by enemy.), Disenchant
Druid of the Moon: Heal, Curse of the Moon (+ to attack at cost of - to defence, can be used both on your and your enemy units, stackable), Frenzy (turns unit hostile with buff to its attack), Blessing of the Moon (gives unit additional armor at cost of speed and attack, Blessing of the Moon nullifies Curse of the Moon)
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

A plague, sounds like I need my plague doctor to get rid of it.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

woa, all of that sounds wayy too complicate :geek:
I guess the old idea fits better, let's just leave it at that or it'll be overly complex and not fun to play with.
Anyways I took a look at the stats I suggested for it before and it is a bit weak for that cost, so I buffed it up a bit. Tell me what you think.

Werewolf (Human form stats. Even in human form, he is a fighter, but obviously weaker than in werewolf form.) (Cost: 6 / ground) (Can transform into a werewolf. Since there is no day/night heres my idea: when he transforms, he can keep transformed for as much time as he likes, but only up to 5 turns. Once he reverts (reverts automatically at the start of the 6th turn) the transformation will have to cooldown by an amount equal to the time he was tranformed. For example: he transforms into a werewolf for 2 turns. Once he reverts, the cooldown for transforming again is 2. If this is too complex, just make him stay in werewolf for 4 turns and have cooldown of 4 turns.)
Hp 50 (I realized that hp shouldn't change between forms or it could get complicate, it loses all its armor though)
Atk 14
Arm./p.arm. 0/0
Speed 3
Sight 5
Description: This man has the power to transform into a half-human half-wolf creature that is very powerful. Even in its human form, he still has some combat capabilities, though.

Werewolf (Werewolf form stats.)
Hp 50
Atk 16 (2 actions)
Arm./p.arm. 4/4
Speed 5
Sight 8
Description: A human in werewolf form. Incredibly strong and fast, but can't keep this form for long.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I think the transformation should last three turn and after it's done it would take 3 turns to cool down. Or 3 turn and 4 cool down.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Nah, he'd be too weak. Also high duration / high cooldown will ensure that the player is tactical when picking the moment to make it transform.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Two weak? He would be doing 32 damage if I am correct, and has 50 Hp and whatever bit of armor he has on him. he's already fairly strong.

And also can it have a female counterpart. Just a 50/50 chance of getting him or her, like what I'm doing foe the female Mage.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

For a cost 6 unit that's fairly weak considering he'd deal less damage than it seems to high armored enemies (since armor would count twice in 2 attacks) and his hp and armor are nothing compared to a cave troll's which has the same cost. ;) You think this guy would take on a cave troll? Probably not. I think he'd be better to attack low-armored units and maybe buildings.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Maybe he gets better for each kill he make, especially stronger target.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ohh, that's a really cool idea! somewhat like zurgo, yes? I like it. Then maybe we slightly lower stats and give him the same buff as zurgo. that'd be interesting.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

A far much better idea, what should his starting stats be?

The only thing we have to figure out, where should you produce them. I'm guessing new building, a tavern perhaps, maybe you need the money guys to get them. A good place for mercenary units.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

revamped stats.

Werewolf (Human form stats. Even in human form, he is a fighter, but obviously weaker than in werewolf form.) (Cost: 5 / ground) (Can transform into a werewolf. Since there is no day/night heres my idea: when he transforms, he can keep transformed for as much time as he likes, but only up to 5 turns. Once he reverts (reverts automatically at the start of the 6th turn) the transformation will have to cooldown by an amount equal to the time he was tranformed. For example: he transforms into a werewolf for 2 turns. Once he reverts, the cooldown for transforming again is 2. If this is too complex, just make him stay in werewolf for 4 turns and have cooldown of 4 turns. He also has the same buff as the Zurgo Helmsmasher orc, meaning he gets stats permanently when he kills enemies.)
Hp 40 (I realized that hp shouldn't change between forms or it could get complicate, it loses all its armor though)
Atk 12
Arm./p.arm. 0/0
Speed 3
Sight 5
Description: This man has the power to transform into a half-human half-wolf creature that is very powerful. Even in its human form, he still has some combat capabilities, though.

Werewolf (Werewolf form stats.)
Hp 40
Atk 13 (2 actions)
Arm./p.arm. 4/3
Speed 5
Sight 8
Description: A human in werewolf form. Incredibly strong and fast, but can't keep this form for long.

Too strong? Too weak? What do you guys think?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Seems fine, what are you other guys think.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I like it. I think it would be interesting to see in the game.

Well done.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Yes it would be great for some storytelling.

Return to “Human”