Clashing Steel

General Brave

Clashing Steel

Post by General Brave »

When a imperial Knight is surrounded by a imperial Guard , a imperial Shielded and a imperial swordsman.
A ability appeared, called Clashing Steel. Which raises the fighting capability of everyone around them and themself. Presumes a 4 or 5 radius around the imperial Knight.

Attack can vary between different types of units. Dragon, Archers and Mages which sounds like a D&D ripped off are exempted from the morale boost.

Research at the castle.
Cost 7-8
Cool down 6

What do you think?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Clashing Steel

Post by DoomCarrot »

Interesting, but maybe a bit complicated? Would be interested to hear what people like Alexander think
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Interesting, but I think it's overly complex and it would not be rewarding enough to gather all of these just to raise atk, even if by a very large amount, so I think that's not a needed addition. If it was a bit simpler to do / had more interesting effects it would be a nice ability.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

What else would you want to do? Increase defense or Maybe you need only 2 imperial. Or give the imperial a second action.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Maybe give all of them a permanent buff called "morale" that would SLIGHTLY increase atk, armor and hp, and give them an extra action, and would be dispelled if their "leader" (aka the knight) dies (and units that already have morale will not earn it again). Also there should probably have some special animation for it so it feels like an unique ability. It would be awesome to use that!

Maybe every race should have such thing, like for orcs: Orc Leader with Warrior + Wolf Rider + Goblin, for undead: Lich and Skeleton + Zombie + (some other unit like banshee or such) and stuff like that. THAT would be cool!
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

For simplicity, we could just copy auras from AoS centurions, change from Romans to imperials, and require a tech for imperial knights to gain.
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well that's simpler.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Simple yet very cool and useful. This is a rather cool idea IMO.
Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

Could be useful. Only problem would be wether or not it can be implemented.
A new age will dawn. Ravens will be the herald angels, the stars will shine cold, for from the Star's End, I, THE ADORABLE RAVANCLOAK, HAVE AWOKEN. -- That's why I and my Vespa wanted to say こんにちは!
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So the imperial Knight will have the same ability that the centurions have. Should it be research or it already has it.

If research, then the castle. 6-7-8 turn
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Just have to wait.
Last edited by General Brave on Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Umm General, I think that's in the wrong topic
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sorry, fixed it.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that the formation idea can't be done without extensive coding that Daniel/stratego won't probably have time to provide.

The other idea simply seems out of the units concepts since knights weren't made to be leaders like the centurions.

I have nothing against auras to buff units but not for units already meant to be something else.

As i told in the sergeant topic just make the sergeant the aura unit and make a new unit for the veteraning power (e.g. a recruit with a low starting attack and cost 1 that increases its attack every time it deals the death blow to a unit).
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Human Technologies”