Skeleton versus Bravery

General Brave

Re: Skeleton versus Bravery

Post by General Brave »

What I see, he isn't building anything like that. Only the catapult like archers.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

We're at turn 15 and I have nearly twice the points he has (about 1600 vs. 900). 8-)
But he could still pull out some powerful units out of these barracks and TCs. My no.1 priority right now is taking out these barracks and fortresses.
Maybe I should have started making the siege orcs early on, I kinda knew fortresses would be a trouble. :lol:
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

And yeah I'm not a big fan of Cave Trolls, only in small maps. On this one I'd preffer Ettins and upgraded Wolf Riders for maximum damage. Luckily Orcs have many ways of dealing good damage so these aren't my only choices. ;)
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well, it look now you have to deal with a Mage and catapult.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ok, I didn't expect for that. :lol:
A front line of imperial soldiers and a battlemage appeared out of nowhere, and there's a catapult right behind it. He killed a lot of my units in a single turn and I could only kill one imperial halberdier and damage the mage a bit. :cry:
These imperial guards will be some hell of a trouble. And worse, the barracks and fortresses still stand.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It's was surprise, wasn't it. Let's see how you deal with it.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I changed my mind, I guess some cave trolls would be pretty useful in the front lines now that he's got plenty of fortifications. :mrgreen:
Time to change my strategy, this one isn't working with all those tanky units and fortifications there.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Good that you admit your mistake. Hopefully you can make them before I make more.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

It will be many turns before you can get some trolls in the action. Their expensive cost and slow movement make them hard to get around.

Also, Brave may have come up with some ways to deal with them better after our little 1v1
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Goes up the walls of Warfell and down goes the orcish might.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

For now, I'm keeping back, but you better be fast, I've just got some really powerful units and they're quickly coming to the front lines. As soon as I amass enough troops I'll charge you with everything and only the castles will survive (but not for long anyway ;) ).

Also, there's a little trick for the Trolls. I just got my workers right behind the front lines and since they can build a monster cave in 1 turn, I can get as many as I need right behind the front lines and in 6 turns he'll have a huge Cave Troll do deal with. That's about the same amount of turn to do battlemages/imperials and since the Cave Troll can take on both, I guess that's a loss for him. :lol: Just try and kill the workers, if you can~
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I'm guessing the Catapult will handle that.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Well, I just accidentally did a really stupid move and what could possibly have turned into a successful TC snatch in the west side, will probably turn into a raptor slaughter. :,) I DIDN'T SEE THE FRICKING SPEARMEN. :lol:

I planned to go around the castles and take out his workers before the fortresses killed the raptors. It was risky but it COULD have worked, if it wasn't for that spearmen that is. :(
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Fortress and castles are going up. I'm pretty sure you couldn't have done much. I have a army of workers. Enough to Kill You by them self.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

One of the mistakes I made is not starting to produce siege units at the very beggining of the game. My play style with Orcs is more fit to fight Elves rather than Humans. :,)
I can still catch up though, I still have number advantage and though my front lines are somewhat weakened it'll be easy to reinforce them with the upgrades I'm currently making. And soon I shall have many, many siege units and a strong front line and no number of castles will save you. :twisted:
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well it seems you are wrong, looks could be deceiving you know. especially in this game and the others.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

It may look like your defenses are inpenetrable, "but looks are deceiving y'know". ;)
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well, you better stop looking at it before it deceives you.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Well, my new offensive is starting to work out. The upgrades and units I've made way back into the beggining of the game are starting to bear fruit. It's not so hard to press the attack now, at this pace I'll be tearing the walls of those castles in no time.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

YOU LEFT YOUR CATAPULT IN RANGE OF THE WARG RIDER!!! :shock:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Don't worry about it, two more on the way.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

well crap. :,)
if it was so hard taking down one imagine taking down two.
you better provide lots of cover for em though, those fully upgraded warg riders are insane with 44 hp, 21 atk and 6 speed. Also got upgraded uruks and several ettins on the way, so buckle down and get ready for a siege. ;)
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Great, it seems like you will pull through.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Those Ettins deal much more damage to castles than I thought they would. As long as they are still alive, destroying the castles won't be a problem.
I also have a constant flow of almost-fully upgraded Uruks coming in (which will soon be fully upgrdaded), so I guess I'm slowly inching closer to victory from here. ;)
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

That's why I want the humans had some better units, anyways I must get prepared.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

The thing with orcs vs humans is that Humans' strong point are fortifications, if I were using elves or undead I'd have a VERY hard time to take down all of those castles because their units aren't as good in taking down buildings.
Orcs, on the other hand, are perfect for taking down buildings, and can also soundly beat humans in an open fight if with the right units and upgrades (which is what I mostly invested on) - so that gives Orcs an edge on humans in general.
But I gotta say that I also got pretty damn lucky that you started off surrounded by that water, that gave me an edge in the expansion phase of the game and Orcs are deadly and nearly unstoppable in numbers, so I got myself quite an advantage right from the start. :mrgreen:
It might have been different if you had begun in the lower left corner for example.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

If you are a human player fighting orcs, the best thing you can do is prevent orcs from getting upgrades. Try to rush them hard early game: if they focus on big bad monsters they won't have time to mount a defence, and if they focus on upgrading weak units they won't have time to upgrade them.

imperials are fairly decent at dealing with most orcs besides big trolls and ettins and the like. Human warriors and archers can hold their own against orc counterparts, and knights are in my opinion better and more well rounded than warg/wolf riders.

When humans play against orcs, they should focus heavily on cavalry, and make a good amount of archers and catapults as well. Orcs have a hard time against cavalry without raptors and goblins, which archers and catapults make short work of. Slowly encroach with fortresses, and if you ever start to get beaten back, fall back to the fortresses and build up under a defensive advantage until you can push again.

Orcs are a race that have a hard time building defenses, so if you fall back to build up, you don't have to worry too much about them building many fortifications as well.

Also, avoid fighting ettins in melee at all costs. Try to draw them out, flank them, weaken them, and try to keep them away from your tcs and forticiations.

Against orcs, a human offense is the best defense.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Good say Doomcarrot, but my problem is being in a corner. Not much to build. That why I made this map.
30×30
Nothing in the way of building. What are you think?
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

open maps are cool to play in. just try adding more decor though, like dirt roads, a few rocks/trees and such.

@doom carrot

well said. My main weakness here was when I hadn't uruks and ettins on the front; at that time his units were beating me bad. As soon as I got them however, things got somewhat easier. Orcs are weak in the early game, so if you can get them before they make upgrades, they'll have a hard time fighting back.

And yes, human knights are already strong at the start while wargs require upgrades. However fully upgraded wargs are somewhat more useful in my opinion.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

True, but don't forget imperial knights and gryphon riders, both of which are far stronger than any mounted unit the orcs have.

But yes, once you get ettins on the frontline humans are in trouble. It is best to keep ettins from getting there by flanking orcs with cavalry and keeping them guessing about where you may try to strike. Most opponents will just keep their strong units within distance of their endangered tcs in such a scenario, which gives the human defenses the break they need to build up.

Return to “Other”