Skeleton versus Bravery

General Brave

Skeleton versus Bravery

Post by General Brave »

rps20171220_190503.jpg
rps20171220_190503.jpg (20.41 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
Yeah, he's at the North I'm at the South. He may have the advantage but I'm thinking ahead right now. I just hope I could do it in time.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Re: Skeleton versus Bravery

Post by makazuwr32 »

Could you upload better image?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

That's how much I could do.
They don't allow us to get any better.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

The glorious sun rises again
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

My position doesn't look too advantageous to me tbh. Though the TCs on the left are a bit closer to me, the ones at the middle are a tiny bit closer to you. I'll have to be quick. I'll probably have to strike very early as humans are quite formidable once they get a good defense up
EDIT: wait....... the water. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok I'm in advantage. I'm not sure if that will stop him from expanding though
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I do not think it would be wise to attempt building a navy, that would be many turns building something that could easily be avoided by sidestepping the lake.

It is like France building a gigantic impenetrable wall only to have Nazi Germany go around it in ww2 :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

The moat well help me, the problem is I can't build a Castle there. But my goal isn't that, I'm probably just going to make a Siege weaponry. And Mages that could Fireball.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Mages will be a problem. But I have an idea of how to keep them at bay.

My real fear are the siege weapons. It'll be hard to destroy them since Orcs don't have fire or units that are fast and have high attack at the same time (except maybe for upgraded wolves). And humans can make them pretty fast too. But I also have an idea for these, though I'm not totally sure it will work
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Hey skeleton, how's your end? Can you produce a better quality image.

Anyways don't think I can't see what you are planning. At least I think.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

DoomCarrot wrote:I do not think it would be wise to attempt building a navy, that would be many turns building something that could easily be avoided by sidestepping the lake.

It is like France building a gigantic impenetrable wall only to have Nazi Germany go around it in ww2 :lol:
I wish you could build towers on Bridges, but bridges can act as a wall. Maybe next you can make sea walls.
Last edited by General Brave on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunrise Samurai

Skelegonsans wrote:Mages will be a problem. But I have an idea of how to keep them at bay.

My real fear are the siege weapons. It'll be hard to destroy them since Orcs don't have fire or units that are fast and have high attack at the same time (except maybe for upgraded wolves). And humans can make them pretty fast too. But I also have an idea for these, though I'm not totally sure it will work
Doesn't take much to kill a catapult, and they represent a rather large investment. It takes time to research and set workers up, who just happen to be the most vulnerable part of the equation. Try strengthen on your troops for the added punch if needed. Raptors are fast, and great territory grabbers for a perfect anti cavalry unit, which could easily be upgraded and strengthened for a quick catapult kill, or headhunter upgrades, which are rather strong with strengthen and orc warlord around.

If general takes the time to set up catapults, he gives you time to get some potent upgrades going too.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

That is very true sunrise. However, if catapults do get invented, that really throughs a kink in my favorite swarm/group attack strategy with orcs. Fortunately, there are many ways to play each race :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Indeed, the major threat is the ability to deal AoE. If he gets a stronge defensive line (humans are good at that) and gets some catapults behind it, things will get kinda dicey. But I have something in mind for that
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Seems like you have the town's advantage, better start finishing my projects.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

For some weird reason I can't send screenshots, so I'll leave that to you General Brave. :mrgreen:

I got really damn lucky that he begun surrounded by that water. :lol: :lol: That took him some precious expansion turns and I already have an effective expansion plan in mind. I'll expand aggressively and if he tries to rush TCs with his light cav I'll just kill them with these godly raptors. I've got a hands up right now, but the game has barely begun so who knows.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You better hope to hold me off, Warfell will break through your line.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

The situation looks relatively confortable for me so far. ;) Although I don't know what's hidden in those TCs. I don't think it might be anything TOO threatening. (I hope? :lol: )
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You hope, but this is reality. There are more worst things in garden of pecan that you could ever imagine.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Welp, that doesn't sound good. :cry:
Hopefully I have a number advantage right now.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It seems like you do, but remember what I told you.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

There's a strategy many people use at many games which is called "bluffing". ;)
Though I'm not sure you are, it's starting to look like it, after all you'd probably have deployed such a powerful unit by now.
Or maybe not? We'll see :twisted:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Brave miht try a similar strategy he is using in my 1v1 with him right now... Not gonna give anything away, but if he does, I am not sure you will be prepared for it skele. But your uruk hai is a good end game strat.
Sunrise Samurai

He he.
Could use the Brave Maneuver on him. Sacrifice your workers for instant dragons out of nowhere. Only fair, since he did it to me.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You named it the Brave maneuver, I get its brave to sacrifice your own man but come on.
Sunrise Samurai

Hey, you actually surprised me with it. Be grateful you got a move named after you. I'd expected several counter options to my attack, but none that could transform your existing resources into a useful form. Even Doomcarrot thought it was great. Should have done it near him though, so he could raise the bodies.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

That's what I am telling him. It will benefit us both.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I'm planning very ahead on this one since I seem to have number advantage for now. I'm just doing cheap assault units on the front lines, and upgrades / end game units on the back lines. That'll make my advantage grow exponentially through the match unless Brave somehow catches up. I have powerful units on the way BTW, so you better finish that castle real quick. ;)
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I'm starting to amass some good numbers, and some combat is breaking out a bit below those TCs in the middle. I tried pushing foward quickly but I found that Imperial Guard and that Fortress to be pretty good defenses. But he also can't wipe out my troops there either so I'll just wait until the powerful reinforcements in the back get there. If I can destroy the Barracks and the Fortresses in the middle it'll get somewhat easier to push foward.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You may think you are safe, but what awaits you the next turn will be truly hardships.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yep looks like Brave is pulling the same human strategy he is using in our 1v1 :)

Not sure if those imperials will be enough to hold your numbers at bay, but it will be tough to break through.

In our game I focused solely on big monsters, and made a bunch of cave trolls, master headhunters, and upgraded wolf riders, and buffed them massively with multiple shamans, and I am finding that such an approach is extremely effective at dealing with imperials.

Usually a cave troll's 30 attack is overkill against weak units, and thus most of their value is wasted against swarm amries, but against troops like imperials, their massive attack comes in handy, and every single insane point of damage gets fully used.

Return to “Other”