Separate — ARCHIVED

General Brave

Separate — ARCHIVED

Post by General Brave »

I'm pretty sure that the Kobold should be there own race, not part of the scaly folks snakes whatever the rest of the things are. Just because they have scale and are lizards or reptilians doesn't mean they are the same thing. And also I'm pretty sure the Kobold are just weaker version cousin of dragons. The snakes could be their own thing and the Kobold should have their own. Because who wouldn't play as weak cannon fodder who serve their own tribes for the betterment of their race or clan?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Midonik

Re: Separate.

Post by Midonik »

No,too many races. Also,name "scaledfolk" maens every humanoid with scales,so they fit here really much.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

We're having trouble getting in dwarves and scalefolk. If you take something out of those, I don't know if it will ever be added.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Midonik wrote:No,too many races. Also,name "scaledfolk" maens every humanoid with scales,so they fit here really much.
exactly

Kobolds aren't a complex race by their own but they are perfect as the lower step of the scalefolk race (like goblins are for the orc race)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:We're having trouble getting in dwarves and scalefolk. If you take something out of those, I don't know if it will ever be added.
that too is true
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Can't I do anything to help? While I'm ain't too good at pixel art, I can contribute something for them.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

we just need to organize a bit. I'm trying to get enough free time to start making dwarves json
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I've been gone for a long time, and now that I'm back and I see that dwarves/scaledfolk still haven't been implemented, I'm starting to think these races are going nowhere... People don't seem to be discussing them very much either. Which is a pity because I feel both races would be an amazing addition to the game. Oh well.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

The real problem is time. Daniel is always pretty busy lately.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

luckily i dont need much time to implement a race if i have the tested jsons and images and textings ready
(the only problem if there are units that needs coding - that is where i can be a bottleneck)

and i also already developed the "modding" so you can send me a complete json list already tested "in game", only needs a volunteer who can edit jsons (Alexander, or any other who passed the json studies :)).
with such jsons i need to simply copy them in-game, and not expecting any bugs in json (so if everything is already tested than i can put in dwarf race anytime in 30 minutes)

we talked alexander a few weeks (or months?) ago that i can put in dwarwes if He and You all help gathering these assets for them.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I can make jsons but I had problems with editing mode on my phone so I would need a tester for that.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

What is json? Is it some sort of coding language for AoS?
If so I'm pretty sure I can give a hand with that, I'm pretty good with those things. I used to make mods for a strategy game called Battle for Wesnoth, which had its own code syntax for modding. It wasn't very hard for me to master so I got up some decent mods in no time. If json isn't too complicate I might be able to do that here too. Especially now that I'm on vacation and have time. :D
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

There is a guide in the faq section. That is always useful
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I'll take a look at it
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I looked at the FAQ but I didn't see any tutorial there... I guess I just didn't look well enough? All I saw was the donwloadable json files, some discussions about json and nothing else.
I guess I can just download the jsons and mess around with them to see what does what, but that'd take a VERY long time so it's probably not a good idea.. :mrgreen:
Anyone know where I can find a json tutorial?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Archived
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Scalefolk Units, Buildings”