trigger not working after loading (own maps section ownly)

godOfKings

trigger not working after loading (own maps section ownly)

Post by godOfKings »

I made a trigger such that wen player 2 unit joins player 1, a group of player 2 units in another area also joins player 1.
It worked fine wen I played it, then another time just before activating the trigger I quit the game. Later wen I reloaded the game from same place, i converted that unit to join me, the trigger didnt work and the other units didnt join me. But later i activated another trigger in the same game that displayes a message, then this trigger automatically got activated as the condition was already met (the unit joined my team)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Re: trigger not working after loading

Post by godOfKings »

This is far worse than i thought, only trigger that seems to work after loading are the ones with conditions like object in area
Last edited by godOfKings on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Even the trigger: 'object destroyed, declare victory' didn't work

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

campaign: almost got it/battle from the throne

i tried in this game
- loaded first time
- killed rodrick
-> i was lost

next try
- launched first time
- made a few steps by units and took a next turn
- quit
- loaded continuing the game
- killed rodrick
-> i was lost

so it seems working for me,
is this map working for you?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I'm pretty sure both games have the same problem.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please check the game i tried as sample, is it working differently on your devices?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The trigger that I made was such that more than one units had to b killed to win, so second time I killed some of the units, quit and reloaded, then killed rest of the targets, at that time I didn't win and only way to win seemed to b to kill every enemy in map, I already sent the map Sabotage to market could u please try that map as well?

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Now that I think, most of the triggers that didn't work had multiple conditions

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Ok. To simplify the investigation, Can u please check the map i wrote and tell me if it works or not on your side. That is a simple logic, if that works bad too i neeed ti investigate the simpleer version. Thanks
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It works, I have not found this problem in any campaign, only when I play the map I made I see this problem, I played my map again today without quiting midway and I saw that all my triggers worked fine

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But three times I quit midway while playing this map, first time when I loaded , the trigger finally worked after I activated another trigger whose condition was object in area, as I mentioned in the first thread, the rest of the two times those triggers didn't get activated and I had to withdraw in the end

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok which map is it and what should i do exactly to get the malfunction, thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

also in AOS i have fixed a trigger launch part: when a unit died that droppeda corpse than no triggers were executed. it is fixed (in AOF only - sincein AOS were no corpses) - uos 20
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Map name is Sabotage, quit the game after starting, reload it then try to convert the yellow units that are moving,bringing the hero winged hussar near those units also activate the trigger. Wen the trigger is activated a message should b displayed and a bunch of units should join player 1 team, wen I play without quitting the triggers work, but wen I quit and reload the triggers don't get activated even if the conditions are met

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Ok where is that map? Aos aof which champaign? Thx
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Lol I sent an email that I finished making three maps for my campaign idea and I sent this map to the market by mistake, I wanted to send map 1 first but sent map 3 instead. So this map should b in the market I guess
Or pending to b in the market, something like that, I don't know where pending maps are kept :lol:

And its in AOS

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

And I m still waiting to send the other two, it seems I can't send them till the first map is approved

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sabotage map : I checked and there is afaulty trigger, obj1 beside obj2 and obj 2 is not defined.

Also i could not understand your many triggers, can u write them here what triggers u want to define?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

OK as I said in email it is heavily dependent on triggers so it will take some time to find out the problem triggers

And there is no fault its just a bug that doesnt show the cordinates, if u click on it u will see the coordinates of the specified object

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I saw this bug in my other maps as well even if I respecify the coordinates it still shows x y, but the trigger still works in game so I didnt really worry about it that much...

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think it is better if u just play it twice, first time convert the yellow unit that is outside the group, and see if other units join, second time reload before converting, then convert and see if the other units still join

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I will say it again, all my triggers worked PERFECTLY well when I finished the map in one go,

But when I took a break and reloaded the map it was almost like the triggers didn't even exist in the game memory

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Pls just say the triggers still work in ur case then I would know this bug only shows in own maps section (or maybe in my own device for some faulty memory, my phone's battery is horrible and sometimes it switches off at 60% charge when using high ppwer consuming apps, which might damage the memory for not closing all the apps in time)

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The fastest way to convert is this, first kill the pikeman on top, then kill one of the crossbows, on Yellow's turn the yellow Celtic warrior would come to attack the hussar and then would automatically b converted

(I kind of didn't want to reveal this trick because I wanted the players to discover it while playing the map themselves :mrgreen: )

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

"The fastest way" works flawlessly even if i quit-n-load earlier or not.
i wonder if the problem is only if you are in own maps section...
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Thanks a lot stratego now I know that this map would still b playable and I wouldn't have to redo all the triggers, I think the problem is similar to one blue Phoenix wrote about random triggers suddenly not working

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Actually someguy wrote that problem

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

was it only own maps section problem?
btw:is it still exists?

i would rename the post if only own maps section problem - means lower priority
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think so, but it only happened in a large map with many complex triggers

Return to “Map Editor”