shogunate guard

godOfKings

shogunate guard

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote:Shogunate guard: The personal body guard of the shogun. He was trained to protect the shogunate no matter what the cost. Has good defense and strength against cavalry
Stats:
Cost : 3
HP: 20
Atk: 5
Armour:1
P.Armour:6
Speed: 3
Sight:4
Spell resistance: 0%
Bonus: 120% archers
400% cavalry
700% elephant
They would b the perfect counter against spamming knights and Mongolian horses near the dojo. However I think most infantry should have bonus against them, even swordsman ( may b 50% bonus ) so that it will b useful to atk with infantry early on too
Attachments
Patroid's image
Patroid's image
file.png (983 Bytes) Viewed 3076 times
Last edited by godOfKings on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Re: shogun guard

Post by godOfKings »

I forgot to add builder:
Dojo, castle ( since the shogunate were Japanese castles )
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Image needs improvement
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I was thinking the same thing, may b shield should b bigger, is patroid still active? The helmet can b changed after ur redesign on samurai is implemented

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

If it ever gets :P
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Yes so for now it can keep the current samurai helmet

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

By the way, how much resistant is a full plate armour to arrows?

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

About 3 pierce armor
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b as resistant as the one uruks wore in lotr 2, only soft spot is the joint between shoulder plates and chest armour

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Hmm 3 p.armour isn't that bad, its not like he will ever reach the archer with 3 speed anyway, but as the personal bodyguard of the shogun, I wanted him to b strong against any ranged weapon ( arrow, shuriken , kunai and any other weapon a ninja assassin would try to use to kill the shogun ) so that he could protect him during danger, but that might b thinking way too far :lol:

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Yeah, also his armor is made out of iron, not uruk steel, which is wayyyy tougher
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So should he just be a typical pikeman ( with slightly higher p.armour ) then?

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

There is already the yari with high normal armour ( which is kind of weird since he is just a farmer ) so not sure if it would make them anymore useful

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I suggest raising his power and hp a bit
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

They r supposed to b weak against infantry ( too heavily armoured, carries big heavy pole-axe does being very slow to attack in melee combat ). But would get blacksmith tech bonus. New stats:
Cost: 3
HP: 23
Armour: 1/4
Atk: 8
Speed:3
Sight: 5
Spell resist: 0%
Builder: dojo, castle
Bonus: 200% horses ( 24 damage )
400% elephants ( 40 damage )

Sunrise Samurai

Re: shogunate guard

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Instead of an axe, could you make this with a naginata for a more Japanese approach.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Lol I didn't draw this patroid did, u r all free to do whatever u want to improve the picture, I don't even have any app for pixel arts :lol:

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Now samurais have different appearance so we need complete remake :P
Enemy of LordOfAles

Post by Enemy of LordOfAles »

GREAT!!!!!!

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”