chariot improvement

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
godOfKings

chariot improvement

Post by godOfKings »

The chariot archer should be removed and instead chariots should have a garrison from which archers and skirmishers can attack. The chariot can still melee attack with base damage. Melee units can also be garrisoned but they cannot attack .
In the upgrade page there could be a tech instead of chariot archer researching which would unlock the garrison. The tech should be researched in blacksmith not stable and any suggestion about the name?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Re: chariot improvement

Post by godOfKings »

My ideas are
Spacious chariots
Bigger chariots
Improved chariots
And the icon could simply be a chariot without the horse and rider
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

And may be chariot archers could still be used in map editors so that in campaign maps where there are chariot archers they will still be there

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Interesting idea! might make a cool tech
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Yeah, but i think 1 space will be enough
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I was planning for only 1 space anyways and I thought of a drawback, if the chariot is converted by an enemy the garrisoned unit would die and even if the enemy didn't research this tech, that specific chariot would still have the garrison space

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

noice
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wait I am making a new thread on units-tech

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

On the other hand, let's just keep both chariot archer and chariots, the two tech ideas spacious chariots and blade on wheels would allow even chariot archers to melee fight, giving a variety of new strategies

Return to “Unit balancing”