Damage types:
-Mostly physical type damage
MYCODINS
Damage types:
-Mostly bio/chemical type damage
INSECTOIDS
Damage types:
-Mostly physical type damage
Last edited by Typhoon on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Im not coming. Im impending
Midonik

Re: Factions properties

Post by Midonik »

To tell the thruth,when I mean "in right topic" I mean already posted separate topics,but its ok,we will disscuit it there,but here you will just update properties as you said.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Wanted to make it like in AOF
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

We will have summary here,but disscuiting on diffrent topics will be more clear thought.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Update+Question what does psionic mean?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Instead of making humans the regular AoF design. How about make them most resistant to effects, and most effective at biowarfare asides from myconids? Even chemical or nuclear warfare for using it on their own race so far?
OLÉ
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Typhoon wrote:Update+Question what does psionic mean?
Psionic is like magic in AoF,just more si-fi name.
Puss_in_Boots wrote:Instead of making humans the regular AoF design. How about make them most resistant to effects, and most effective at biowarfare asides from myconids? Even chemical or nuclear warfare for using it on their own race so far?
Hmmm,might work,what others think?
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

In my opinion i think we should start with humans and reptilians first
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Updated
In my opinion humans should have more non flying vehicles like jeeps,tanks,mechs than other factions
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

LordOfAles wrote:In my opinion i think we should start with humans and reptilians first
They will be first implementated races,but why not start developing all races now?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Typhoon wrote:Updated
In my opinion humans should have more non flying vehicles like jeeps,tanks,mechs than other factions
Acctualy,only flying human vechicule is hovercraft,and only flying vechicule is alphas speeder. Also,I dont see sense here.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I thought there will be some sort of jetplanes bombers or air transport
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

There will be planes,but why humans should have less of them?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Not less they will only have more of nonflying as a bonus
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well,I dont think it should be a special feature of humans. There will be a lot of non-flying vechicules for all factions (well,not for Avian thought,but Its weakenees of this faction). Also,why you wrote for insectoids "alomost all units have armor"? If you mean their natural armors,they wont defend them well aganist laser or rockets. Also,post new thinks in new post,so everyone will notice them,and put in first post ONLY finalized disscuited ideas.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Oh ok then
Of course Insectoids natural armor won't be even half as hard as some kind of battle suit but it's always something
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well... Not for most if insectoids,but there cloud be a subspiece of them (more elite) with super-strong natural armor,so they cloud have some bonus armor
OR
We cloud give them tech "stronger exoskeletons" that will give them +1 phisical armor
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Midonik wrote:
LordOfAles wrote:In my opinion i think we should start with humans and reptilians first
They will be first implementated races,but why not start developing all races now?
Because if we focus on balancing these two, balancing future factions will be piece of cake, thats how it works :)
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I have idea for main damage type for races:
Humans: Basic weapons are energy weapons,but have many physical damage dealing units (rockets and other exploding)
Reptilians: Mostly energy,mayby physical damage as melee
Avians: Their main weapon is psionic,but they use energy weapons commonly too.
Myconids: Mostly or even only chemical damege
Insectoids: Mix of chemical and physical melee damege and energy weapons for elites
What do you think?
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Every race should have reasonable access to all damage types. This being said, some races should be much better than others with certain damage types.

Humans: as in AoF, they are good at everything, but the best at nothing. They've got all damage types pretty evenly, in 5 colors each. You want artillery? Pick a damage type. They aren't above stealing technology either, to make up any deficiency they have. The only thing I will suggest to make them the best at is fighting dirty. Mines, assassins, sabotage, etc.

Reptilians: an older race. Good psionics from greys, plenty of powerful energy weapons. Some physical weapons (mostly melee) but very few chemical weapons. They actually care to have a world left when the fighting is over, without needing environmental cleanup crews

Avians: basic troops use shrapnel cannons, historically to shred the wings of enemies within their own species. Powerful AOE physical damage in great quantities. Energy weapons often carry a psychic charge (on hit effects) to incapacitate the target, and are issued to qualified troops, as well as the psionic units. Not much chemical weaponry.

Myconids: heavy use of chemical damage. Limited melee energy and physical damage. Unique variety of offensive and defensive psychic abilities, and a variety of on hit effects from many troops.

Insectoid: mix of physical and chemical damage. Limited access to energy damage. Psionics are mostly hive based, almost never targeting enemies. High psychic resistance.
The glorious sun rises again
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Hm, no mention of Navies yet...

The Earth is about 2 thirds comprised of water. Humans should show superiority over using it after warring with countries across the water. Needing the advantage they build incredible aquatic and subaquatic war vehicles.
The human navy will assure no invader gets control over the seas. (But lets not make it op, players still need to use it wisely.)

...It also serves as a hidden refernce to dumb movies logic. ;)
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLÉ
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well,I didnt speak about navy,as well as about structures and air,becouse I have no idea how it cloud look.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Every race should have reasonable access to all damage types. This being said, some races should be much better than others with certain damage types.

Humans: as in AoF, they are good at everything, but the best at nothing. They've got all damage types pretty evenly, in 5 colors each. You want artillery? Pick a damage type. They aren't above stealing technology either, to make up any deficiency they have. The only thing I will suggest to make them the best at is fighting dirty. Mines, assassins, sabotage, etc.

Reptilians: an older race. Good psionics from greys, plenty of powerful energy weapons. Some physical weapons (mostly melee) but very few chemical weapons. They actually care to have a world left when the fighting is over, without needing environmental cleanup crews

Avians: basic troops use shrapnel cannons, historically to shred the wings of enemies within their own species. Powerful AOE physical damage in great quantities. Energy weapons often carry a psychic charge (on hit effects) to incapacitate the target, and are issued to qualified troops, as well as the psionic units. Not much chemical weaponry.

Myconids: heavy use of chemical damage. Limited melee energy and physical damage. Unique variety of offensive and defensive psychic abilities, and a variety of on hit effects from many troops.

Insectoid: mix of physical and chemical damage. Limited access to energy damage. Psionics are mostly hive based, almost never targeting enemies. High psychic resistance.
Aggre. High psychic resistanse for insectoids becouse they are hive mind? Interesting concept. Sharpnel canons should have aoe,but not high damege.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

So what we confirmed?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

We have races better in dealing centaite damege types,I think we should have the same with armors.
Humans- I dont know,so mayby balanced?
Reptilians- More energy (after all its their main weapon) and physical for alphas (they are thick) and physic resistanse for greys (natural psionic defense talent)
Avians- More psychic resistanse? Mayby able gain diffrent armors throught psionic?
Myconids: High chemical (they create throught biologlical experimenrts and its their main weapon) Mayby immune for posion effect
Insectoids: Some more physical (their natural armor),and physic resistanse (hive mind),but weak energy
Ofcoure all races will have specyfic units with higer "weakness armor",but those are main.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I would give people mixed types of damage
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

But all races will have all types of damege,just some races will have more of certian type.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Midonik wrote:We have races better in dealing centaite damege types,I think we should have the same with armors.
Humans- I dont know,so mayby balanced?
Reptilians- More energy (after all its their main weapon) and physical for alphas (they are thick) and physic resistanse for greys (natural psionic defense talent)
Avians- More psychic resistanse? Mayby able gain diffrent armors throught psionic?
Myconids: High chemical (they create throught biologlical experimenrts and its their main weapon) Mayby immune for posion effect
Insectoids: Some more physical (their natural armor),and physic resistanse (hive mind),but weak energy
Ofcoure all races will have specyfic units with higer "weakness armor",but those are main.
So,what do you think?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

*Cought*
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I already said what I think about humans, but you never did respond to them directly.
OLÉ

Return to “Factions”