Kingdom Come Campaign: Your Opinions and Thoughts

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Detros

Re: Kingdom Come Campaign: Your Opinions and Thoughts

Post by Detros »

Guardian of the Border, v 1.040:
- There seemed to be no safe path to castle. I went through the windy path to the SE corner, captured TC, broke through towers to the north and tried to get through the small rocks just SE of castle while keeping enemy at bay. But between me and the gates in the SW castle corner there was a big rock I could not go around. So I had to wait till one part of eastern wall was destroyed by the attacking force, then run inside. Is this supposed to be so? Or was I supposed to find my way to the gates? I still managed to get it in 29 turns on the first try, though.

EDIT: It may have been caused by just not noticing the right path as several times during this map I found myself trying to go somewhere I could not. The tiles for mountain area are different here than in the first other campaigns I played so I had sometimes bit hard time finding out just from the look of terrain which tiles are mountains and which are path-able ones.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

There should be a gate at the eastern side, but you'll need to head to the north. Also, notice the forest tiles in the northeast corner of the map. If you go through them, it may be easier for you...

Also, you should be able to walk on any tile in the mountain area, except where the tiles are bumpy (such as mountains), or where there are cliffs. The tiles behind the cliffs are walkable.

Although, there is a cliff tile which is climbable somewhere... This looks different to the rest.
Who am I?
Detros

Post by Detros »

SomeGuy wrote:There should be a gate at the eastern side
I played it once more and now I see there are in fact several east gates. I just did not note them because
- a) I clearly saw those two at the SW corner so why to look for more, eh
- b) N-S gate looks much more as N-S wall while W-E gate is clearly different from W-E wall
- c) so far I bought Gate and built one but that was alone, without walls so this was actually the first time for me to see N-S gate
Detros

Post by Detros »

Fall from Glory:
- Nice change from single unit combat to multiple one.
- Neutral units seems to belong to "John" faction. I managed to convert one of the Light Cavalries and was wondering if John will attack me there but no, you have those triggers set right, after converting one of them the rest converted too once I either ended my turn or moved a unit.
- I succeeded on the second try, on the first one I was not sure how far I need to reach so I went too fast forward with Prince and got pincushioned by towers.
- On the second try I was already out of the throne room when "You find at body" pop-up appeared.
- Apparently both at winning and at losing it will show you took 2 turns even though it took me rather like 26 turns.
- Some story showed only as white text while the rest as yellow window.
- Why is my faction "Some guy"? Why not "Sir Darien" or "Chosen one"?
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

- Neutral units seems to belong to "John" faction. I managed to convert one of the Light Cavalries and was wondering if John will attack me there but no, you have those triggers set right, after converting one of them the rest converted too once I either ended my turn or moved a unit.
-Yes, "John" is the name of the neutral faction. They do nothing.
On the second try I was already out of the throne room when "You find at body" pop-up appeared.
-At the time, I could not figure out how to make it appear when you destroyed all the enemies like I intended, so I set it to appear after a few turns.
- Apparently both at winning and at losing it will show you took 2 turns even though it took me rather like 26 turns.
- Some story showed only as white text while the rest as yellow window.
I'm not sure why these happen, the turn limit issue seems to happen on many of my maps.
Also, if you cannot see the story text, that's also a problem with the game itself. You should report these to the developer, as these are bugs.
- Why is my faction "Some guy"? Why not "Sir Darien" or "Chosen one"?
I noticed a few of my maps have this, an issue with the map changed "Sir Darien" to my username. I didn't think it was a big issue, as the first player's name slot is always filled with your name.
To change it, I would need to publish the map again. If enough people think this is an issue, I will change it.
Who am I?
multim

Post by multim »

@SomeGuy
I think about 40 turns to get 3 stars will be fair in "The Verge of Despair". ;)
multim

Post by multim »

Also there is probably a bug in the last map "The flames of Revenge". I got stuck just in front of Statue and there is no Priest to attack...

PS. Sorry for double post, but for some reasons I couldn't add an attachment to above.
Attachments
Something went wrong
Something went wrong
Screenshot_20170125-165951.png (196.83 KiB) Viewed 11662 times
scottieblueeyes

Post by scottieblueeyes »

The missing priest happened to me too
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

That's weird... When you guys started the map, did Sir Darien start on the northern end of the map close to the statue room?

Because if so, it is an early version of the map. It should be updated now.

You will know it is the updated version, as you will be on the southern end in a battle like this one:
Start position.
Start position.
Capture.JPG (117.98 KiB) Viewed 11435 times
Who am I?
multim

Post by multim »

Definitely, the southest bottom of the map :D
I know it for sure, because I've tried to replay that map, thinking that's one-time glitch.
scottieblueeyes

Post by scottieblueeyes »

I replayed it too. Same result.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Hmm... I'm thinking, but it looks like something is happening to make that trigger not work. I'm not sure what it could be caused by, it's a pretty complicated map.
There's supposed to be a short interactive cutscene after this. I was hoping to put it into this map, as it isn't big enough to justify placing it in a new map.

How would you guys feel if I added an 11th map, that is more like an interactive cutscene instead of an actual map?
Who am I?
multim

Post by multim »

You meant instead of whole last map?
I think this map is good, so you could only keep this map but move ending, which probably causes a bug, and make one more with only interactive ending.
That's my opinion :)
Cajetan

Post by Cajetan »

Does anyone know what triggers the glitch where the priest does not appear on the final map? I just got to that point, only to be disappointed at not being able to complete the campaign. If anyone knows what to avoid to keep this glitch from happening, please let me know.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

This is an old version of the map. The newest version is in the map market, as there was no option at the time to submit it as a campaign map.

If the developer is reading this: Is it possible to replace the campaign map called "The Flames Of Revenge", with the version in the Map Market (which is also called "The Flames Of Revenge")? This version has that bug fixed (and expands the map by a large amount).
Who am I?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

SomeGuy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:00 am This is an old version of the map. The newest version is in the map market, as there was no option at the time to submit it as a campaign map.

If the developer is reading this: Is it possible to replace the campaign map called "The Flames Of Revenge", with the version in the Map Market (which is also called "The Flames Of Revenge")? This version has that bug fixed (and expands the map by a large amount).
@Stratego (dev) ?
I can't believe it was just left alone like that for that much time. I presume nobody contacted You about bugged and giving no gems map, like in many other cases.
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

lol, actually it was put in almost 2 years ago (2018.03) (the fixed version) but the file name changed for some reason so i have not updated but copied as new map (unwillingly).

i have fixed it so in next update please someone check if ok.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:07 am lol, actually it was put in almost 2 years ago (2018.03) (the fixed version) but the file name changed for some reason so i have not updated but copied as new map (unwillingly).

i have fixed it so in next update please someone check if ok.
It is winnable. However, I can't win this map within 15 turns (to get 3 stars). Sometimes turn counter wrongly display I win at turn 13. Need to fix 3 star requirement.
@Stratego (dev)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, but the fix is not yet out - will be in in next update.
Yeetbruh

Post by Yeetbruh »

Some guy Ireally enjoyed the campaign! :) btw if you even need a good storyline i can help
insert quote here

Return to “Campaign map discussions”