Armor 0
Pierce armor 0
Power 0
Actions​ 1
Heal rate 15
Speed 3
Spell resistance 80%
Spell range 4
Spells: heal, convert, distraction (gives self 50% to all dodge for 3 turns)

Utility caster, can convert​ enemies to your​ side and avoid dying. Away from the battlefield, it can comfort and tend to injured allies.
Last edited by Sunrise Samurai on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Re: Nymph

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that such a high conversion rate is too much and it also has range 4 (you didn't specify the speed however). I think that having a unit that is used to convert only but has such a high success rate is not much balanced. If you have a fast unit and hide it in a building you can basically convert a big and strong unit every turn. I understand it is more a bet (i try to convert many units or I die before doing it) but in certain cases it might be too strong.

It is better something with a lower chance but with more utilities.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Also i would definitely remove conversion from the lich and add it to the vampires (that are more fit for the role of charming other creatures).
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Yeah, move convert the vampire from lich. That actually makes far more sense. I'll edit the conversion chance out. Just keep it the same as any other. Any ideas for further utility spells?
Sunrise Samurai

Edited. 3 speed for now, or should it be 4? Adjusted cost down for the lowered conversion chance. Still quite useful to just stick in a parapet near the front even if heal and convert are the only spells it gets, both to keep sentinels alive and try to convert enemies to your side.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think between 2 and 3 (maybe we can go for 3 since you was even thinking 4). It might have similar effects to the one for the siren (the concept is similar to siren itself).
Sunrise Samurai

I assume you mean mermaid? At least that's what it ended up as. Not sure about slow/fear type effects. I'm more thinking nymph would support allies if it isn't converting.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Imho it is more fit for conversion and debuffs (thanks to her beauty/charm)
Sunrise Samurai

I was thinking gentleness and appealing. Hard to convince someone to join you by making them afraid or hurting them.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I thought it was a supernatural effect
Sunrise Samurai

Perhaps. In terms of synergy, maybe a curse type effect​ would help hold a target still while you try and convert it. Here's a go at it that would fit both our ideas.

Dubious charms: target enemy is unable to move or attack for 2 turns, but has +180 to both armors and is healed to full (180 is battering ram pierce armor, so I'm assuming it's nearly invincible) cooldown 2

Name is subject to debate, but the effect is obvious. You knock an enemy out of the fight, but render them impossible to kill until it wears off. If you manage to convert them, the full heal means the unit can start working as soon as the status is over.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

It always takes 1 damage. Anyway I wouldn't mix curse and convert on the same unit but we might save the idea for later.

Here the strong part is the conversion. Let's think of some minor debuffs to aid the troops in battle. Maybe a aura that reduce damage or another kind of charm that makes the target miss a lot against that unit.
Sunrise Samurai

Distraction: enemies in radius 3 have a 30% miss chance, even in melee.

Wherever the enemy is looking, it isn't where they should be looking.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I like a lot the concept!
Sunrise Samurai

I'm thinking that would be an aoe spell at 4 range or else a permanent aura. Maybe both if you don't mind redundancy. Not sure which yet, but it certainly combines well with dodge techs.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

A 30% miss aura combined with the dodge tech is really a high one but a extra 10% dodge in a certain range might be ok. Also we should wait for the evasion tech pack to come in. I think that wil already dramatically raise the power ov elves so it might not be a good idea to increase that more.

We might just have a spell that is for this unit only (to help her survive). For example a buff that gives only to her a 50% to dodge for every type of attack. It would be better if useable against living flesh & blood units (I hardly can see a skeleton in love with a nymph). It might be a turnaround of coding a miss chance only against a target.
Sunrise Samurai

Well, I'm thinking the effect is partly magical, and would likely influence the crews on ships or catapults, etc. Maybe just a 50% to all dodge for the nymph only for 3 turns each cast, or else the extra 10% in radius 3. Probably the former, as it doesn't add power to existing units, so that's what I'll edit into the main post.

So far, healing, conversion, and the ability to avoid dying. Honestly I'd say that's a good spread. Any other changes you think it needs?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

It seems on the right path. Since it will require some coding we can take our time to define better the unit.
Sunrise Samurai

What needs coding? The dodge chance probably I'm guessing. That's partly why I'm thinking explain it as a partly magical effect. That way it isn't dependant on the type of attacker, and doesn't need as much work to add.

I don't know about adding​ too many more abilities, especially when I can see 4 to a parapet (after treetop archery) giving a really high chance of converting something. The good news is that it's 20 cost for 4 of them, and anything but orcs can easily outrange that setup, killing 3 of them when the parapet goes down.
Sunrise Samurai

Possible ability

Reassuring kiss
Reduce target's spell resistance by 30% for 1 turn (basically, until opponent's turn starts.) Bypasses spell resistance, can be stacked.

Pretty much gives a way to convert units with higher (or even 100%) spell resistance, if using multiple nymphs. Obviously, you still only have a 30% chance even if spell resistance is dropped down to 0. Also helps druids slow things.

The idea is that the nymph gets the target to drop their guard, becoming easier to bespell.
Last edited by Sunrise Samurai on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I dont know if this really fits as i dont completely understand this name:

Acolyte? Or Sylph?
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Sunrise Samurai

There. I put a name for the ability.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Oohhhhh u mean the ability name :lol: lol
Sunrise Samurai

:lol: just figured it out? What do you think of the ability? It makes nymphs more effective as a harem than as individuals.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

So possiblity for this power to work is 100%?

If yes, ok

If no, lower cost to 4 i suggest
Sunrise Samurai

This ability would have 100% chance, ignores resistance. The whole purpose is to enable you to use a group of nymphs to convert targets with high spell resistance.

For that awkward moment when you check your multiplayer game, only to see your drake knight betrayed you, and you thought 100% spell resistance would keep that from ever happening :twisted:
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Damn... give it 8 hp
Sunrise Samurai

Remember convert only has a 30% chance assuming no spell resistance. It takes a nymph's turn to lower spell resistance, and the debuf ends as soon as your opponent's turn begins. This means a single nymph cannot benefit from it's own efforts to debuff enemy resistance. It takes a second one to get the increased chance. Unless the target has absurdly high spell resistance, you're still better off using convert from all nymphs around.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Possible ability

Reassuring kiss
Reduce target's spell resistance by 30% for 1 turn (basically, until opponent's turn starts.) Bypasses spell resistance, can be stacked.

Pretty much gives a way to convert units with higher (or even 100%) spell resistance, if using multiple nymphs. Obviously, you still only have a 30% chance even if spell resistance is dropped down to 0. Also helps druids slow things.

The idea is that the nymph gets the target to drop their guard, becoming easier to bespell.
No
Sunrise Samurai

Alexander82 wrote:No
You know, I think that's the shortest response you've ever written. I guess you don't like anything going that direction at all?

Return to “Elf”