walls and palisades by laborer IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

walls and palisades by laborer IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I think walls and palisades are underused.

so i suggest we let laborers build palisades and walls (to create them), so maybe that will make some good change on wall-loving.
Puss_in_Boots

Re: walls and palisades by laborer

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I like the idea of giving laborers low tech structures to build on their own. However I don't think this will help with the issue, because normally people will try to find a way to use their laborers actions wisely and always pair them with builders. I still make walls, when I can't get enough turns to build towers in time, and I've seen them around before in multiplayer.
OLÉ
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Walls are generally underused because they are way too easy to destroy,so i think this wouldnt fix the problem
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Walls in general are underused, mostly because they take up builders turns for something that doesn't help your troops advance. If the enemy is assailing your walls, you're already losing. Towers at least can turn the tide and keep you in a better shot at capturing the next tc, as well as holding units to preserve space.
The glorious sun rises again
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Walls in general are underused, mostly because they take up builders turns for something that doesn't help your troops advance. If the enemy is assailing your walls, you're already losing. Towers at least can turn the tide and keep you in a better shot at capturing the next tc, as well as holding units to preserve space.
exactly, an unused laborer will more likely to build walls to protect.
walls are extremely trong and hard to penetrate.
Sunrise Samurai

That might help. You should see how few walls are to be found in AoF. I've seen some use of orcish walls, since they are durable, let units pass, and can hide shamans an the like. Rarely a human wall gets used. Almost never for elf or undead.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Never for elves? I build more thorn walls than any other walls, except for the Orcish stonepiles if course. :)
OLÉ
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:
Sunrise Samurai wrote:Walls in general are underused, mostly because they take up builders turns for something that doesn't help your troops advance. If the enemy is assailing your walls, you're already losing. Towers at least can turn the tide and keep you in a better shot at capturing the next tc, as well as holding units to preserve space.
exactly, an unused laborer will more likely to build walls to protect.
walls are extremely trong and hard to penetrate.

I Agree, Walls Are easy to build and Has good benifits for Laborers
Sunrise Samurai

Puss_in_Boots wrote:Never for elves? I build more thorn walls than any other walls, except for the Orcish stonepiles if course. :)
I've always found myself building​ parapets to pack archers into protected spaces within range of the battlefield, or outposts to increase range for taking out enemy towers or factories just out of reach. Mostly though I'm trying to squeeze in as many great trees as I can, since they can produce and shoot. Thorn bushes seem to die too easily. Often in a single blow.
Fildin

Post by Fildin »

They should build bridges too. :)
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Nah, in my opinion

Palisade
Outpost
Maybe walls
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I think laborer is OP now. I don't agree that Palisade can be built within 1 turn by laborer.
LordOfAles

Re: walls and palisades by laborer IMPLEMENTED

Post by LordOfAles »

I do, they aren't that strong
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Like he said, they aren't strong. Any infantry can easily break them down in a hit or two.

And besides, if you build palisades to keep a rush from happening, then they will prob just walk around it in most scenarios.

If you use laborers to build a long fortification, well that is many laborer turns you spent that could have been used for towers or ballistae, etc.

It makes laborers have more use in certain situations, but doesn't overpower them I don't think
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Fildin wrote:They should build bridges too. :)
Yes in some maps, some players start of in disadvantaged position because of being surrounded by water bodies and waste precious turns building bridges to get second towns, labourers building bridge would reduce turn wasted and worker could build other buildings
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Idk, I think if laborers built bridges then there would be a lot of bridge spamming lol, especially on water maps.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Too much Bridges, but not enough to stop me in the upcoming battle.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It won't b stone bridge, only normal weak 5 HP bridge just for crossing, bridges r double edged swords, any unit on top dies wen it is destroyed and can't repair anything on bridge
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Detros

Post by Detros »

I don't mind too much if laborers are going to be able to build palisades, outposts or walls but make sure they are bit slower in doing so than workers.
I think especially those palisades should take 2 laborer turns to be build, surely not just 1.

Return to “Unit balancing”