Elf unit/spell: Starfall

Sunrise Samurai

Elf unit/spell: Starfall

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Requires 5 turn research to build

Unit takes 8 the turns to build, anywhere shamans and wizards can be built (currently tc only)

0 move, can't leave wherever it is built, 0 attack, but has a spell to sacrifice itself to assasinate any unit or structure you can see, plus fireball effect around that point.

Essentially an 8 cost assasinate to hit anywhere, with some explosive flair. The drawback is it takes 13 turns to get the first one out, plus weighing cost effectiveness of 8 turns build time. Probably the biggest use would be a one shot seige weapon to deal with massed troops or castles, comparable to a catapult.
The glorious sun rises again
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Elf unit/spell: Starfall

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

What is the actual unit/(supposed to look like)?
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

I wasn't too worried about the image on the unit. It would mostly be hidden in a tc anyway. Probably just a glowing orb of some sort, but creativity on an artist's part wouldn't have any complaints from me. The spell icon would be more of a meteor burning through the sky.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

What about an advanced human/elven spell? Working like a dragon breath with a bigger area it deals 10 damage in that area with a very high bonus (like 5 or 10x) against buildings. It should also have a high cooldown.

Newly created wizards should start with its cooldown activated (they should start with the spell at the first cooldown turn.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

So say 10 turns cd, wizard spawns with cd started. I guess 10 range, diameter 7, 15 damage, 5x vs buildings and siege. Must research lighting storm as a prerequisite to research this.

I more see it in elves, since they typically go with the whole celestial thing, and could use a decent siege weapon. I don't even bother with most dedicated siege in human anymore, because fireball, from both mages and dragons​.

Edit: also, a late game version could be upgraded to destroy a tc, if that tc is at the center of the blast
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I know it's a super weapon, but that doesn't mean it's effects should be overly devastating like the nuclear weapons discussed on AoWW. How about 7 Range and 5 diameter of area damage?
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

That would fit nicely. So no tc destruction I guess?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Destruction of a TC is pretty weird, so I wouldn't think about adding that in.
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLÉ
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

That would be a bad thing. You generally want to conquer tcs xD
Sunrise Samurai

In general, yes. You always prefer conquering​ a tc, but sometimes​ there's just no way to hold onto it. In that case, you can say "if I can't have it nobody will" and deny your opponents the tc. In a game with many players, this might discourage attacking you, since there aren't any easy to capture tcs in your area, so you could build up a while.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I would avoid that kind of effects in game tough.

Return to “Elf Technologies”