Carrot Cup 2017!

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Carrot Cup 2017!

Post by DoomCarrot »

It has arrived again! Rules for this tournament are basically the same, with some minor changes. PLEASE READ THEM

1. Tourney maps shall be held on maps no smaller than 20x20 and no larger than 40x40. All maps must have upgrades set to "yes(0)," towns set to "normal," pop limit no lower than "100," gem bet set to "0" and they may not contain AI. All other map preferences are left to the map creator, who shall always be the player in soonest alphabetical order. THUS, IT IS UP TO YOU TO CREATE THE MAP FOR YOUR NEXT TOURNEY GAME AND PM YOUR OPPONENT THE PASSWORD AND DETAILS IF YOUR USERNAME IS SOONER THAN YOUR OPPONENT'S IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER.
2. Gems payout shall be awarded after the tournament is concluded. Winner shall receive 50 gems, with the runner up winning 25 gems. The winner will also receive the right to put the trophy in their signature, if they so wish.Image

3. If you must be afk for a few days, this is understandable. Just please notify your opponent and/or me that you will be away. Otherwise, they will not be accountable for skipping/kicking you. If you do not respond for more than 3 days without telling your opponent or me why, I will not hold them back from kicking/skipping you.
4. If you finish a game, please immediately either PM me or reply in this topic who the winner is. It would be best if BOTH players tell me who the winner is before I update the brackets.
5. Check this topic often if you are waiting for other games to finish. As soon as the brackets are updated, I expect you to start the next game with your opponent.
6. Please try to work with your opponent more than with me. This will make everything run much smoother. If there is an issue however, feel free to PM me about your issue (opponent not responding, not sure who you are playing next, etc.)
7. TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR GAME. If something goes wrong, they may be very helpful. (someone lies about who won, etc. Hopefully nothing crazy like this happens).
8. If two players are matched again, the player who did not create the map in the last game will create a map in the current game.
9. If you have double your opponent's points after the end of their 15th or later turn, you are automatically declared the victor.

You may notice that the brackets are fairly complex. This is a double elimination, meaning that every player will play at least two games before being eliminated. I shall update the brackets regularly. Players are arranged in the order that they signed up. You may PM your opponent to start your round 1 games!

BRACKET STATUS:
last updated on 04/28/18

Last edited by DoomCarrot on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 18 times in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Dan301002

Re: Carrot Cup 2017! --Ongoing--

Post by Dan301002 »

Match will be in dev version?
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Nice bracket!
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Dan301002 wrote:Match will be in dev version?
Dev version would probably be prefferable. If you do not have it, please tell your opponent so they do not use new units and glitch the game.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:Tourney maps shall be held on maps no smaller than 20x20 and no larger than 40x40. All maps must have upgrades set to "yes(0)," towns set to "normal," pop limit no lower than "100," gem bet set to "0" and they may not contain AI. All other map preferences are left to the map creator, who shall always be the player in soonest alphabetical order. THUS, IT IS UP TO YOU TO CREATE THE MAP FOR YOUR NEXT TOURNEY GAME AND PM YOUR OPPONENT THE PASSWORD AND DETAILS IF YOUR USERNAME IS SOONER THAN YOUR OPPONENT'S IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER.
So from 20x20 to 40x40, password, no gems, ??? fog, ??? starting units, normal towns, ??? techs, upgrades yes, spells no, pop 100 or more, hours 24, ??? turns, no AI players.
There is no more "yes(0)" option.
DoomCarrot wrote:Same as the last tournament, there will not be fog, there will be upgrades (0), there will be normal towns, and there will probably be a reasonable pop limit (150 or so).
Shouldn't be "fog = reveal" added to the list of preset settings? Or is fog allowed?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Fog is not allowed. Only reveal and explored are.

As for everything else, you are correct. No to spell upgrades and yes to other upgrades. Anything that was not addressed can be set however the map maker sees fit. :)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Puss_in_Boots, where are you? :(
Thanks!
Josh
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

COOLguy wrote:Puss_in_Boots, where are you? :(
Puss_in_Boots go to the summer camp for the three days so the game need to start later.DoomCarrot know that.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, that is fine, Puss_in_boots can be afk for a while if he is busy with a summer camp. :)
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I got back now, I went with my brother too. :)
OLÉ
Detros

Post by Detros »

Game "Carrot II-4" created. "High grassland" it is.

@DoomCarrot: Try to put the player who should create the map (first in alphabet) to the left slot. Or mark his name with slightly different background colour.

Are all the other three matches already going?
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Detros wrote:Game "Carrot II-4" created. "High grassland" it is.

@DoomCarrot: Try to put the player who should create the map (first in alphabet) to the left slot. Or mark his name with slightly different background colour.

Are all the other three matches already going?
I don't know others but I am playing with DoomCarrot. :)
duneix

Post by duneix »

I've started my game with Detros.

Thank you very much DoomCarrot for this initiative and for the whole organization ! Things seem to be very clear.

Good luck to everyone !
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

COOLguy and I have started playing as well.
OLÉ
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Good idea detros, I shall make the player who makes the map a slightly grey color so that people can easily see who makes the map.

As for the games, it seems all games are currently going except maybe Daniel and Dan's? Have you two started your game yet?

And you are welcome duneix, thank you for participating! :)
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

DoomCarrot wrote:Good idea detros, I shall make the player who makes the map a slightly grey color so that people can easily see who makes the map.

As for the games, it seems all games are currently going except maybe Daniel and Dan's? Have you two started your game yet?

And you are welcome duneix, thank you for participating! :)
Still waiting for Daniel, i already made the match today because i am not sure who will be the map creator before. :lol:
Don't expect me, i can be easily confused at things. :P
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

That is fine, numbers usually come before letters in alphabetical order :)
Detros

Post by Detros »

The tourney is quite D-heavy. The general chance for a win of someone with name starting on D is 62.5 % !
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol, you're right, we also have two Dans, the chance of a Dan winning is about 25% :lol:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Unfortunately, I will be going on a trip this Sunday, and I will not have any wifi where I am going, so I will not be able to take my turns or manage this topic for a little over a week. However, as of today, me and tamtam's game is still going well, :)
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Enjoy your trip Doom! :)
OLÉ
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Let finish the game if you are online. :)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

have fun doom!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Oh sorry tamtam,I wasn't online when you posted that :lol:
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I thought it was kinda funny how you said no maps smaller than 20x20, so I went ahead and made a 15x15 map that actually works well and balanced for the middle and corner players. :D
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Other than it requiring 6 or 4 players because the middle players must rip each other apart in a quick battle for TCs I think it's alright.. :|
OLÉ
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

How was the game for now everyone?
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Our game is in turn six. :)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I have been backed into a corner but I still have teeth. My valiant soldiers hope to murder many Puss_in_boots lackeys before our downfall.
Thanks!
Josh
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Eliminating you from that corner is proving to be a challenge since you still got the ability to fight back, and getting my seige weapons close enough is nearly impossible as your fortresses and maybe seige you are holding in those siege mantlets keep me from destroying your defenses. :?
OLÉ

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”