Units Can Turn CLOSED

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Puss_in_Boots

Units Can Turn CLOSED

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

As I played the game, I thought it was kinda strange that the units don't turn to attack their enemy/moved backwards :| . I think it would be a little cool to have the units facing different directions. It could produce some variety in aesthetic too. :)
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLÉ
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Units Can Turn

Post by DoomCarrot »

The problem is we would need to make 4 images for every unit, and the game engine itself would have to be modified as well.

Not impossible, but a lot of work for such a feature. :?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I thought we could just have the units turn left or right.
The image of the unit would flip to its left if it moves 1 tile left. The left facing units could flip to their rights if it moves one right.
This idea isn't a very important one, and could be low priority if it takes too much time.
OLÉ
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I agree with the left/right thing. It would be much bettet for campaigns (for example if you want to make two army of knights where one is facing the other)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Yeah, I thought image flipping was a very easy solution, but it might require some engine upgrades in order for it to flip actively while the game is going on. I really do want the units to face each other while they fight because it looks more cool.
OLÉ
Detros

Post by Detros »

For that it would be best if all images were facing one way and the flipping was done only in engine so that there is no need to make pile of images, similarly to faction colour coding.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

My app can flip images, should I flip them all to face to the right for this to work?
OLÉ
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Detros wrote:For that it would be best if all images were facing one way and the flipping was done only in engine so that there is no need to make pile of images, similarly to faction colour coding.
I agree
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Others”