Trench/ Ditch

Jreyesyanez145

Trench/ Ditch

Post by Jreyesyanez145 »

This maybe, hard to work with but hear me out.

A worker will learn how to make a trench which can be dug in 3 turns.
These Trenches will prevent any kind of mount attacks and will allow infantry unit or archers in it.
Movement is limited, such as you can't go through the trench cause you have to first be in it to cross over (for all units)

They can be destroyed/ filled up by any damage to them, but they have to be direct attacks no range (beside catapults)
This tech will allow a fair fight if used right, since archers and mount units will be useless, so it has to be a infantry fight.

ORRRRR

a infantry unit can learn to trench themselves, which boost there defense of pierce armor and defense from mount units. The only thing is, a slight increase of armor just so other infantry is able to take them out ( or catapults cause cmon they do a lot of damage).

This will help, when fighting a bunch of mount and archer unit and you only have sword men's or men at arms at your disposal, to buy time, this tech will help greatly.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: TRENCH/ DITCH

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think this is a good idea. Basically a weak fortification that acts as a wall to cavalry and is invincible to range fire. I like! :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: TRENCH/ DITCH

Post by Stratego (dev) »

do not "shout" on topic names.
Jreyesyanez145

Re: Trench/ Ditch

Post by Jreyesyanez145 »

My fault, I literally started today I didn't know any rules or how topics would be made.
But thank you :D
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

Very nice idea :D
But I think it should just be a structure not a tech. I mean, it is just digging a hole right?
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yeah i like this too! Good stuff mate ;)
Detros

Post by Detros »

Would something like this work for you? This may be rather for the tech version, but I am unsure from which view to make something more building-y to sill be recognizable as a trench.
Because if you try to show them from diagonal point of view you get something like this which looks quite weird to me.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Sexy idea
Epic Gamer Moment!
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Nice images! It doesn't quite fit the style of the units in the game, though.

Maybe you could make the connectable like the walls too?
Thanks!
Josh
Detros

Post by Detros »

Ha, "tileable" may be the right approach:
1x
9x

EDIT: corners smoothed
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think that approach is a little strange unless good transitions beween that and other terrains can be made.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Detros

Post by Detros »

I thought about the green part as an alpha-canal section, here it was with green just to show how it would approximately look on grass. The similar autoconnect ability is there already for cliffs and soon also for bridges so multiple versions of this trench, different in their connections, should not be that hard to implement. I first want to get some working basic tile, now I will prepare few variants and show them on varying terrain,
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ah ok, I thought that was the final image
Detros

Post by Detros »

All 16 alpha-channeled variants together

If you were building them one by one in some grass/desert terrain (just basic terrain coloring used, imagine the proper background tiles) it would look like this.

How does this look to you?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well done! That actually looks pretty decent, but there does have to be some teamcoloring somewhere.

Also, I dont think it would be a bad idea to add some randomly shaded pixels in the trenches, to make the dirt look less "clean"
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Maybe it can't be unteamable? anyone can get in one.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:Well done! That actually looks pretty decent, but there does have to be some teamcoloring somewhere.
Thanks. I have come only with a small sign in the right corner.
WORKER1212 wrote:Maybe it can't be unteamable? anyone can get in one.
Though I would also prefer the non-team version.

Any worker can make a trench and any worker can fill the trench again.
If that would be too hard with current engine, then it would work like a land-bridge, worker-created kill-button-destroyable one, as usual.
DoomCarrot wrote:Also, I dont think it would be a bad idea to add some randomly shaded pixels in the trenches, to make the dirt look less "clean"
Will try.

Return to “Techs”