slave beast - ANSWERED

TheBluePhoenix

slave beast - ANSWERED

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Hello guys . My first suggestion here: in olden times, slaves were kept in extremely harsh conditions causing mutations in them . So some died to these conditions while some became invincible. I.e. some slaves could fight without exhaustion , pain or mercy. They were referred as beasts and were used in wars to crush enemies or pull wagons. The imp. Thing about them was that their brains were completely fused and they had to be fastened with chains to be controlled. Coming to the unit it will be called slave beast, made in the castle only after 8 turns . It will be damaging 20 pts to each unit. Every arrowmen will have 20% chance to break its chains . If so it will attack every unit around it with a collective damage o
f 30 . Be it the players own unit or any other ones. It will have a movement of 1
All figures are tentative
Wat do u ppl think??
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

TheBluePhoenix

Re: slave beast

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Please reply on this suggestion. I think this unit can be a game changer. It wilthe stats are tentative. :roll:
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have ambigous feelings: are they really were in medieval warfare? arent they only "legend"s? where can i read about them?
thanks!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

It was a slang used by the men of those times(however there is no proof of its authenticity)
However the unit was surely present in hoardes in the persian army mostly. They were generally created due to the inhuman conditions of the prisons were slaves were kept.(if you dont like the name or stats you are welcome to change them . But remember that they were much more powerful than even spartans!!)

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

This has a very mythical feel to it. Even the pseudo-scientific explanation, just smacks of stuff like the Atlantian DNA retrograding. I don't know of any documentation of such a soldier or unit.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

See buddy these units were used in persian armies and are depicted in movies as heavy workers or chained fighters. And they were particularly dimwitted and inconvertible and had only 1 motto to kill one and all. i think even if u cannot find any reference to it, it surely makes an interesting unit.

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I know this is your first suggestion; but, nothing against you, I am just not a big fan of the unit. :) Sorry.
TheBluePhoenix wrote:See buddy these units were used in persian armies and are depicted in movies as heavy workers or chained fighters. And they were particularly dimwitted and inconvertible and had only 1 motto to kill one and all.
I did some more research and still could not find any reference to a "slave beast", or what you were describing. Certainly the deplorable conditions of slavery would perhaps cause mental imbalance, but "brain fusing"? :? Anyway, "mutations" generally happen during reproduction. Mutations that take place in a mature organism takes place at the cellular level (cellular reproduction by division). Mutations in cell division usually result in cancer not invincibility.

Back to the "legendary" or "mythical" feel, the closest thing I could find to this idea was in the Persian army in the movie "300". And let's face it: Zack Snyder practically made everything up. And the sequel was worse. ;)
TheBluePhoenix wrote:i think even if u cannot find any reference to it, it surely makes an interesting unit.
If it is not historically accurate, I'm not sure why it should be included. However, you make a good point - it would be interesting. But I can think of a similar unit in the Viking Berserker. This is not only interesting (having nearly the same characteristics), but also historically verified.

I don't mean to hate on the suggestion, I just am trying to explain my opinion. A suggestion: maybe this idea might fit better in the Fantasy version (under development)?
Last edited by COOLguy on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I Think you misunderstood me. Fused brains mean dull btains not literally fused ones . It was due to so much imprisonment that these people lost the capability to think but retained the ability to kill. I will try to find referance for them. By the way , though berserker is similar to this unit, this unit can anytime go against you and anyone. Also it can collectively damage all units around it

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

And yes i also came to put this suggestion wen i was reminded about them in the same movie :lol:

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

:)
If you are able to find that it is historically accurate, I may change my mind :) not promising though.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hmm, first thing that came to mind reading this was these creepy dudes from Morrowind...

http://i59.tinypic.com/2evydk7.jpg

Anyways, Even if they are historically accurate and not just hyped up myths and legends (like most awesome things are) , Then I think this could be doable. It still feels very.... fantastical though. And I do not like his abilities so far, they seem very complex. I think we could simplify them a lot, and keep the concept.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yeah sure. But i prefer the fact that this unit be a 8 turn strong unit fastened with chains with 20% chance of breaking by any ranged unit after which it attacks everybody. Otherwise it will be quite similar to the viking berserker.

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Why 20% chain break chance against ranged though? Why not 20% against everything? Arrows breaking chains doesn't really make sense. :?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

My bad.. 10% for arrows and 25% for others .. how does this sound??

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Anybody voting for this concept of a strong unit which may any time go rogue( not nescessarily my unit)

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: slave beast - ANSWERED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

running tru the thread i did not see any historical source of such units, and until that we can not think to be such unit in AOS.
thanks
Alex486

Post by Alex486 »

Age of Fantasy item for sure.
Anything is feasible with enough money and power.

Get ready to get your teeth kicked in, it will make for a good education.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I was thinking the same. I tried my best but couldnt find some strong authentication for it

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Is this not a good idea for aof?(if not aos)

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

??

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'm not particularly into that one, but orcs have a slaver in program, so it might become a unit "trained" by the slaver
Age of Fantasy design leader
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

This is a great unit!
It will fight for humans!!
It stats-
Cost - 4
Hp - 120
Attack - 20
Cannot counterattack
Speed - 2(brainless and chained and hence move slowly)
Range 1
Armours - 2 each (thick skinned)
Abilities- mad rampage- every attacking enemy will have 20% chance of breaking the chains of this beast and if it does , then it will go on killing everyone around irrespective of team until it is killed. So once its chains are brocken, it belongs to no team.
Inconvertible.
50% bonus against all melee units
100% bonus against cavalry

How does this sound?

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Let me move to AoF in a bit :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ya sure

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I don't agree about that...
Putting this unit in the human army would mean that this unit has been slaved by the humans. It would be more logical that he's a slave for other races
Age of Fantasy design leader
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Alexander82 wrote:I don't agree about that...
Putting this unit in the human army would mean that this unit has been slaved by the humans. It would be more logical that he's a slave for other races
Of course its a slave of humans! And it makes pretty good sense-
Undead- they dont require live units to help them
Elves- they are mostly ranged and incapable of controlling such unit
Orcs- they are equally strong and hence dont need slaves which are humans
Humans- they surely are manipulative and can easily make captive human slaves in such conditions that some of them mutate into such beasts which are extremely useful due to their strength and bulk, which is a major requirement for this race

Btw this unit was meant for aos but as its existance could not be proved, it is more suited for aof and will strongly help humans

Return to “Archived - Human Units, Buildings”