Disbanded Knight

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Disbanded Knight

Post by DoomCarrot »

I tested this unit in a full game as well. Interesting unit, and fun to strategize and play around with, but it is very... bad.

It is ok for spamming if your castle is getting attack, since it is a very powerful unit that only costs 2 turns (They kind of act like minutemen for castles. :lol: ). However, they are incredibly cost-ineffecient for using in distant battles. Here is why:

1. slow movement. They are very slow, a knight or hussar would make it to a battlefield much faster. Obviously wagons help with this.
2. strength. They are strong, but not that strong. 2 upgraded heavy knights could easily dispatch a disbanded knight.
3. Cost. Yes, disbanded knights are cheap. But let's say, you need one for 10 turns. 5 turns to get to the battlefield, and 5 turns of fighting time. That means you need to boost it up with 4 money lenders as soon as it is created. This means that you spent 10 turns of production time on one disbanded knight, and that's just to fight for 10 turns! At this rate, you might as well just be training elephants or spartans.

My solution: Make money lenders give them 5 turns of (leaving). This would make them a possibly usable unit, at least.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Re: Disbanded Knight

Post by COOLguy »

Maybe 3 turns? If we had another area to train him it might help too.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I still think that might not be good. For 11 turns of use, you would need to spend 8 production turns in total. That isn't even that long, to be honest. And like I said, an upgraded knight is almost on the same level as a disbanded knight, for only 4 turns, and unlimited time.

I guess another option is to make the disbanded knight VERY strong. Like, double his attack, give him 4/4 armor, boost up HP to 50? Although then this might make him super OP for castle defense, as like I said, you can spam them if your under siege.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Well i suggested to make it more powerful....

Any wats, i suggest the following-

Improved stats: turns remaining till money lender required: 2
Health : 40
Armours : 2/2(if they are not benefitted by the blacksmith then 3/3)
Attack power : 20
2 attacks per turn

Now, most of the time, the problem would be due to transporting. I suggest that the turn count start only after the first attack made by the unit.
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Oh, I like that idea Phoenix! The double attack makes sense, since he has two swords.

Also, I'm a huge fan of the delayed turn limit thing. Your idea is very good, turn limit only ticks during a fight. I think a good way of doing this may be: Every time it kills something, it loses one turn. This would be good, because you could transport it without worrying about it dissapearing, even between battles, yet to get it to kill something, you would effectively have to spend 1 production turn for each "kill," since each money lender could give it two "kill points."

Also, if we go thismroute, I think it should either spawn with only one kill/turn point, or it should cost at least 3 turns.

I hope that made sense. :lol:
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

No 2 turns are enough. Because castle units are always a bit op. Rest is for coolguy and dev to decide
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

TheBluePhoenix wrote: castle units are always a bit op.
What about Ashigaru? :lol:
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

DoomCarrot wrote:
TheBluePhoenix wrote: castle units are always a bit op.
What about Ashigaru? :lol:
I think ashigaru needs more attack power, but thats a different story. It should be like a ranged maceman

Return to “Unit balancing”