Help with triggering

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Help with triggering

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, so I'm coming across an issue in my next campaign map...

The enemy is supposed to attack sneakily. Thus, the map is on (fog). However, the ally AI is somehow able to sense the presence of enemies in the woods, and moves their forces towards the hidden troops, giving away the enemy's position to the player.

Thus, is there any sort of trigger or way to keep AI from "seeing" through fog? Just curious. If not, I'll find a workaround, butnthis is irritating me. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Re: Help with triggering

Post by COOLguy »

Not that I know of -

Maybe if you disable them until the enemy is within a certain area?
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

or do not put enemy there until you want them to be seen.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:or do not put enemy there until you want them to be seen.
+1 :D better idea
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Duh. :roll:

Thanks, Daniel. TBF, it was late at night when I was struggling with this. My processing speed wasn't at 100% :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

You can disable them first so they can't move and attack.Then you can set "objs in area""objs enable".

Another method is spawn emeny units"create objs in area" when your objs in certain area.

Or you can just change emeny objs speed.

I find sth interesting.Even I change all emeny sight be 0,they all become blind but they still can move towards you. :)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Exactly, sight does not affect the AI. Even if you have one disabled enemy unit in the corner of the map, the AI will move straight towards it.

AI have radar. :lol:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, it seems that (Eff. Change Obj. Armor/HP/Attack) triggers don't work. I have tried all three, double checked to make sure they are all good, and none of them work. However, change obj. name works fine. Anyone else have this issue?
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

seems no problem.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, I'm going to try to redo the trigger and see if I can get it working. If not I'll take screenshots for proof lol.
merwin352@gmail.com

Post by merwin352@gmail.com »

I was very excited(and over ambitious) when I saw triggers....I wanted to make a maze were enemies would trigger as you walk spun and story was rescuing your brother from abandoned house... I just couldn't get triggering to work as expected :oops:
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

merwin352@gmail.com wrote:I was very excited(and over ambitious) when I saw triggers....I wanted to make a maze were enemies would trigger as you walk spun and story was rescuing your brother from abandoned house... I just couldn't get triggering to work as expected :oops:
Walk spun:Can be done by using obj in area condition.
Maze:Difficult because AI is not too clever. Maybe can activate disable emenies to move and atk when you step in certain area and change your sight smaller?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

RPG-like campaign maps are certainly doable with the trigger system. What you said could certainly be done, it would just take a while.

You could even have findable items to change your character type, or make your character level up when you kill enemies. The trigger system is actually very great. :)
nguyentrongvan

Post by nguyentrongvan »

Good idea :D
Download Free All Android Apps for Free http://apksave.com/

Return to “Campaign map discussions”