Things i wanted to say

patroid

Things i wanted to say

Post by patroid »

Hi,

First of all: Pls ignore bad grammer or typos and try to get my point of view!! THX

After 2 and a half years and a few 100 maybe 1000hours i spent for this game,
There are 6 Buildable Units Implemented (Designs) and 4 of them got implemented in the past half year.
So when i Got inactive a year ago i had 2 of my Designs Ibgame After 1 and a half year.
That was very frustrating. But now im Back with new power and the hope to dont
Waste the time i invest. Its not that i mean that i think i dont get honored enough.
Its caus only sometimes guys take time to help me to improve myself, my arts and
Mainly my ideas (if noone answers to a question post in the new versions i cant do anything)
(Happend in ww2 and aof in past 2 days)

So i summarize.

Forumers pls tell me why a post with a few hundred Views and a question in it about
A (in my opinion) important topic got NO ANSWER at all.
(Examples are aof Map Request and ww2 new system and around 50-100 posts more i actual mainly have in the other versions (like balints new system post in sws).

And pls Tell my Why u dont tell me if a design is... rlly bad and need to be remade or if
A design is ok. And then tell me where to improve.
Its time to get productive again and not yust fullfill the forum with fun posts.

This is no request to stop the fun in the forum but to add same amount of
Productive posts as Fun posts and mainly at answering all posts and questions that are asked.
Alexander left caus noone reacted. Also dust n steel left caus noone reacted to his
Dwarf Push. I didnt reacted aswell... i know... but it dont makes it better.
We lost a few Artists and great helper due ignoring or thinking noone is meant to answer.

Now we got some new power thruh avelyn, elvenprincess and mayn more.
Lets use this Power to get AOF out of the Beta, to finalize the concept of aoww. To think or prioritys
If AOWw or SWS should be finished earlyer and to design a huge bunch
Of good inCampaign Usable Units. If we get power Daniel Will get taken by Our Wave
Of Positive Energy And may will finally Gonna Have time to do NEW
Things for the game. ACTUAL he is stuck with work we could do aswell.
As i know Coolguy still does the most with writing jsons and managing
Some stuff.for the dev. Its time to do that aswell.

Caus i gonna study in a year and then i wont be that active as maybe many others.
And i want to see a hero system a Map Trade Place a Supporter Reward and a growing community for aos
With respecting each Question helpful ansswer it And Teach guys How to continue our work
If we are gone. Maybe we can catch some old loyals by Being productive and Bring back to Live
There old works.

Pls watch the dwarf topic as a great example for showing what guys make leave this
Community and for Knowing how to make better.

Thy

Patroid
Hardeep

Re: Things i wanted to say

Post by Hardeep »

I understand, it is not just!
We must rise up and fight to restore this forum!
Its time to...
MAKE AOWW AND AOF GREAT AGAIN!

I understand fully patroid, and I shall do what I can.
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

To be honest, the main reason I have stayed out of the AoF scene is because I only play it very occasionslly, and really don't know enough about it to be very helpful In any way.

However, I will try to pay more attention to these topics, and try to help keep them alive, if nothing else. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Well i agree to what patroid said- many a times i posted good ideas and no one replied till i asked them to. Some forummers take everything for fun( eg the party hat thing in the official tourney thread was down right irritating after the first few posts)
I too was nearly off the past month but after 22 i will try my level best to improve the game
BTW , I miss alexander82 too- he was a very good member and developer in aof especially

Any one who would like to see my ideas to make the game better may check out my topic "REVOLUTIONISING AOS" i think you would like it
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I would be happy too to have many active forumers in the AOF AOW sections.
i will also contact alexander and dustnsteel since i did not know they left because of lack of feedback.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Then dont let this yust be words.

Time TO Work :-)

patroid
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

patroid wrote:Then dont let this yust be words.

Time TO Work :-)

patroid
Nice! I'm pretty new here and am trying my best to help out (so far just with some art). I don't really know how to do much else but I really enjoy the game and think the community development feel is awesome!

If someone is willing to teach me how to do the stuff that is required, I'll do my best to help out.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I know triggering a bit. I can teach u that
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

^ That is a good thing to know ^

Apparently we need some trigger-heavy tutorial maps, so that may be useful.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:I know triggering a bit. I can teach u that
Please do! I would like to make some campaigns.

Send me a personal message with some instruction and I'll see what I can do.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Brilliant post!
If you ever need an opinion..im your man :mrgreen:
Like DC, ive rarely been to any other forum, since ive not played the game enough to know anything. TBH AoF is a little intimidating with all the spells and races. Its alot to figure out, if your going to make campaigns and the like for balancing.
But im planning to start playing it very soon.

Im always willing to help out where i can. Ive learnt how to trigger, and have dipped me toes in the paddling pool which is pixel-art (or whatever you call it).
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Hey guys i've just read this thread. I'm glad i'm back. We can all work together and make this game even more great. Right now i'm on holidays and i have access to my main pc so i can be pretty active (i know you noticed) and recover some lost time.
I'm still learning how to make graphic works but i hope you enjoy them.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Yes you are getting perfect, and i like the fact that you dont take any suggestion as an offensive thing against your work or idea! Thank you! :)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

You're welcome :)

I feel there is no need to take a suggestion as an offense when we work together. This is the best way to obtain a good result, and i am really satisfied when, after some adjustment, you place my graphics in game 8-)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I agree with Patroid
Epic Gamer Moment!

Return to “Other”