Cliffs in editor IMPLEMENTED

Disco

Cliffs in editor IMPLEMENTED

Post by Disco »

Im absolutely terrible at explaining things...so i'll try to communicate through pictures:

Hopefully you can make out my rather crude outlines around cliffs, that are missing from the "cliffs" section of the editor...and are found in the "all" section.
Cliff's have caused me alot of problems making...but it would have been easier if they ALL were in the same section. I didnt notice this till today (duh), so yeah...its kinda tough making them fit together nicely, when 4 corner parts are missing lol

Thanks ;)
COOLguy

Re: Cliffs in editor

Post by COOLguy »

It is because those have the master tile as ground. Those first two are all ground and so cannot be in the cliff section.
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ah right on! Thanks for explaining ;)
Disco

Post by Disco »

And which is why...I now have units, that are supposed to be stuck on cliff-tops, running around on ground level :shock:

Damn..back to the drawing board :cry:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

No, they should all fit together so that no matter how you do it there is a mountain tile at the edge (if you are matching them correctly)

Which tile (ID please) is messing you up?
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

COOLguy wrote:No, they should all fit together so that no matter how you do it there is a mountain tile at the edge (if you are matching them correctly)

Which tile (ID please) is messing you up?
I'll do a little test in a bit mate. Need a coffee in the morning.

The thing is, the map has a trigger as well, that doesnt seem to work either (disable units in area). They are not only moving but jumping off cliffs too lol.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Right firstly, ive just read a post about the disable objects in area trigger. So I need to put each unit type I need to be disabled..thats 22 different units!
I may just spawn them in instead..in parts. Unless there is a work around?

Now the fun with cliffs (which look great by the way).

1st turn: Image

2nd turn: Image

Yep I can see the tiles that are causing the problem. The only thing is...it took me ages to get this cliff to somewhat join up. May just scrap an start again?

Thx for any help Coolguy ;)
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

The unit type field in the disable object effect is purely optional :D

It feels very good to help someone wirh triggers! :)
There are to few truggered maps as of right now, new maps that are simply scrapped together. Good to see some quality!
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
Disco

Post by Disco »

Hardeep wrote:The unit type field in the disable object effect is purely optional :D

It feels very good to help someone wirh triggers! :)
There are to few truggered maps as of right now, new maps that are simply scrapped together. Good to see some quality!
Thanks.

On the disable units in area trigger.
- Cond: Player 1 turn 1 started.
- I have it set at player "2" (which is AI).
- Area (whole map).
- Unit (no unit selected))

But it only seems to effect one colour (I have 3 AI armies blue/green/yellow). Blue is disabled, but green and yellow still moves.

Have i done it wrong? Or is there a better way?
Any help would be appreciated mate, thanks.

P.S. I deleted the trigger for the screen-shots..an strangely yellow didnt move lol. Actually scrub that, I grabbed before yellows turn :oops:
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Thats because you chose player 2 for disabling.for each unit dosabling within the selected area, leave that space blank.(but as u have selected the whole map area, even ur units will be disabled
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Disco

Post by Disco »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:Thats because you chose player 2 for disabling.for each unit dosabling within the selected area, leave that space blank.(but as u have selected the whole map area, even ur units will be disabled
Ahhh..ok i think i understand. I'll give it ago later, an leave player 1 units out of the area. Hopefully it will work thx ;)
Disco

Post by Disco »

Right Ive fixed the cliff problem, looks a wee rugged..but theyre stuck up there now lol

Though im still stuck on this trigger.
I tried leaving my units out of the area, and setting no player number in the disable unit section (which results in missing trigger).
No unit types in type section..only disables Blue units. Green and yellow, even though under command of player "2" (same as Blue units), still move.

Is it possible to disable all player "2" units on a map, no matter what colour they are?
I really want to crack on with this map today..as i'll be drunk later. And if it means having to disable each unit individually, then this will take probs a couple hours. Then enabling them another 2 hours...man thats one long couple of triggers lol

Help needed please, and thanks ;)

(I think Daniel is getting annoyed with me e-mailing him, so id rather find out from you chaps before he bans me :? )
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

hmm, okay. I see the problem tiles. If I get time, I will send the fix to Daniel.
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

COOLguy wrote:hmm, okay. I see the problem tiles. If I get time, I will send the fix to Daniel.
Thx buddy!

Ive solved the trigger issue..I just turned all to Blue lol. Sacrificed some story, for stress relief :mrgreen:

Thx for help guys. This can be locked.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

is here still any problem?

Return to “Map Editor”