Hauler

TheBluePhoenix

Hauler

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

It is a ship which does nothing- it just pulls slow ships at speed 4.
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Sethington

Re: Hauler

Post by Sethington »

Would it act like a Wagon in that you "put another ship inside"? If not and it acts more like a tug boat, I feel visually, and to code, this might be a bit difficult. Perhaps instead of another unit to increase the speed of a ship, a tech that increases the speed of ship. Could be called Larger Sails and it increases the speed of all ships by +1.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:It is a ship which does nothing- it just pulls slow ships at speed 4.
The best idea of the month imo! :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Sethington wrote:Would it act like a Wagon in that you "put another ship inside"? If not and it acts more like a tug boat, I feel visually, and to code, this might be a bit difficult. Perhaps instead of another unit to increase the speed of a ship, a tech that increases the speed of ship. Could be called Larger Sails and it increases the speed of all ships by +1.
Well it is a tug ship. And no, it wont be diffult to code,
as the hauler and ship would just have 1 unit space between them and would be able to move in the very same way as hauler
Naah, the tech idea is hugely op as some ships are already fast enough
@coolguy- thanks!!
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hm, I like this idea, very interesting!

Also, I personally think that if we have a speed upgrade for ships, it should cost at least 8 turns or so.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

No speed upgrades, only to speed up super slow ones like catapult ship, large transport by 1

Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

So is this like centurion (which gives speed) on sea?
Or am i not understanding this properly?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Naah, its a tug ship which will pull any ship with speed 4. So it will have maybe a wire or something connecting to the other ship. Any images?

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How about it has an aura similar to drumbeat but will only affect one tile around the hauler, only slow ships will b affected by this aura. Or it could b a spell similar to pay money of money courier and only slow units will b affected by this spell
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

godOfKings wrote:How about it has an aura similar to drumbeat but will only affect one tile around the hauler, only slow ships will b affected by this aura. Or it could b a spell similar to pay money of money courier and only slow units will b affected by this spell
Excellent idea. Will it act "realistic"?
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Unfortunately no, it is simply 'easier to implement', so here is my second idea, the hauler will act like a wagon with 1 garrison space, however it will have 3 speed instead of 4

Thus it will b useless for those ships that r farther away from it but closer to the front line. But for the ships that were newly built, they could move 3 tiles, enter the hauler which would also move three tiles and the next turn the hauler would move another 3 tiles, the ship would leave it and move another 3 tiles. Thus the ship can effectively move 12 tiles in 2 turns instead of 6 tiles, but the hauler would b useless to it from next turn
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Cost of hauler could b 3 turns (but it would save two turns worth of movement for a slow ship)

Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

maybe!
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

According to Phoenix it should do nothing but move ships faster, so I made it so that it is only possible to give some turn boosts to newly made ships, also it may b possible to escape faster with Ur slow burning ships so they can reach harbour before they get destroyed on the way, destroying haulers shouldnt destroy garrisoned unit as technically it is 'in front' of the garrisoned ship and so haulers should b very weak.

Actually by using two haulers it may b possible to make the slow ship move 9 tiles instead of 6 starting from second turn (first hauler moves, then ship leaves hauler and moves to new hauler, then new hauler moves, does together the ship can move 9 tiles) so more haulers would b more advantageous in larger water body maps

Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

How dose it slow ships anyway?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It does not 'slow' the ship, I meant a ship that normally moves 3 tiles like cannon and catapult ships, will b able to move 6 tiles (or 9 tiles with 2 haulers)

Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Then it takes some of the wight off the ship.

Return to “Unit - water (ships)”