two blades (Celtic Warrior) - IMPLEMENTED

These suggestions are in the game
FiredClay

two blades (Celtic Warrior) - IMPLEMENTED

Post by FiredClay »

Solder with two short sword that deal less damage but hit twice, therefor have higher attack power with the combined attack of two strikes.
FiredClay

Re: two blades

Post by FiredClay »

Maybe there could be a tech for units that use weapons in both hands
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Currently the samurai fills this role, I'm not sure if you have a different unit concept in mind though?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

In a historical sense, the samurai uses a katana. A curved sword designed for fast draw(cut as draw or the draw is considered useless), to be razor sharp, and can cut through material no razor blade could without shattering.
It's all about the science of the blade.

A strait sword like the ones I was suggesting, has a fine sharp point designed to pierce mail or leather.

A natural nemesis to the men who use hammers. Whatever they are called.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

What DoomCarrot means is that the Samurai is already a similar unit (an infantry unit that hits twice). Therefore for this double swordman to be relevant, he needs to be a little different than the samurai.

I was thinking ie a "cheaper version" or "faster version" of the Samurai. So that way he is a unit that works different from the samurai (so not a repeat unit).
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

An upgrade maybe.....
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

I intend this unit to be something new.
I like the paper beat rock, rock beat scissors, scissors beat paper quality of this game. I want this unit, along with the other units I suggested, to be like triangle- paper, rock, scissors.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

So who beats whom?
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

double blade beats trauma weapon beats fortification beats double blade... Like that? :)
TheBluePhoenix wrote:An upgrade maybe.....
Let's not. That would be weird I think to upgrade through different civilizations (Japanese and non-Japanese) :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Then give the samurai 2 katanas

FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

Katanas require a slashing technique because of the curved blade.
I want it to be able to stab, to pierce through mail(interlocking ringlets) and create a wound that allows the enemy unit to bless to death. This effect would be useless against heavy armor like plate.

The katanas are better suited against heavy armor.
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

[quote="COOLguy"]double blade beats trauma weapon beats fortification beats double blade... Like that? :)
Yes. Hammer also good against heavy armor. Not good against light armor but the hammer guy would have light armor so the strait double blades would be a good unit to overcome the hammer guy.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

FiredClay wrote:that allows the enemy unit to bless to death.
He's an old Catholic monk. ;)
TheBluePhoenix wrote:Then give the samurai 2 katanas
The double strike shows his skill and speed, not that he has two weapons.
FiredClay wrote:so the strait double blades would be a good unit to overcome the hammer guy.
So this unit would have a bonus on heavier armored infantry, right?
Thanks!
Josh
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

Oh sorry. I meant bleed to death. I also should have said that at the beginning but I hadn'ttthought of it yet since I think on the fly.
I can't get my head around what I was thinking so give me some time
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

lol I knew what you meant. I was just poking fun because it looked so funny. :)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

FiredClay wrote: The katanas are better suited against heavy armor.
Not really, like you said they are designed to cut and slash, not pierce armor.

However, I am kind of confused by the whole rock paper scissors thing, because we already have that system? (knight beats swordsmen, swordsmen beats fortification, fortification beats pikemen, pikemen beats knights, archers are just annoying bystanders that always get beat by skirmies).

So adding another rock/paper/scissors group to the game would get... confusing to say the least. Because the two seperate "trees" of troops (current and yours) would have to be merged in a balanced way.

Not impossible, but I think this would require a lot of thought.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

You forget siege and water and fire archers (which are different from most archers)... :)

Skirmishers are just annoying bystanders that always get beat by... everything :D
Thanks!
Josh
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

Why can't we all just get water turrents?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

What is a water turrent? :lol: :D
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

:? Yeah, idk
Thanks!
Josh
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

Roman aqueducts would draw water from rivers and led into a device to pressurized the water with stone weights and pullys and the shot out of a torrent as high pressured water blast for area effect.

It was the precursor to hydraulics and started with the Greeks (hydaulics) but the Romans were the ones to find a use for it
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

Maybe I should suggest a water current as a upgrade to the current walls.

If its is suggested then it would be limited. Maybe it has to be "manually" reloaded(stone pulled up and set into position) for 1 turn and the next turn, it can be fire. Or maybe watered? Either way, the stones weight would force out the water. Maybe a five or six range.
It's attack would be designed to damage flesh and blood units
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

That is interesting, but 5-6 range would be way too high.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hm, that is actually very interesting. I think this would be more logical as an anti fire thing though. I don't really see how water would:

1. shoot as far as archers
2. do damage to troops

But I think this idea has some interesting merit. Maybe make an aqueduct upgrade that makes walls able to "shoot" water to put out fires? I don't know, but I think there is something that can be done with this idea.
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

Why isn't there a dirt ditch? Like water except it's dirt and maybe a ramp be made to go down into it. It could be a hole in the ground that holds captured prisoners or something.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

FiredClay wrote: that holds captured prisoners or something.
Because we give no quarter and take no prisoners :twisted: :)
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

DoomCarrot wrote:Maybe make an aqueduct
DoomCarrot wrote:as an anti fire thing though
I think
DoomCarrot wrote:there is something that can be done with this idea.
:)
Thanks!
Josh
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

The human player is the prisoners and you have to escape, kill the guard, take his armor and weapon, and kill the main camp of enemy soldiers. Along the way, pick up better weapons and armor from better upgraded troops but only after the enemy troop is destroyed. Conquer all!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

This water thing is a bit similar to the oil spill thing posted by someone earlier which was postponed due to complexity of the idea, though this one seems far simpler

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Sooooooooooo, lets get back on topic...............
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope

Return to “IMPLEMENTED - Infantry”