landing craft

balint

landing craft

Post by balint »

sane as trabsport, but it can place a bridge.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
SirDoucheBag

Re: landing craft

Post by SirDoucheBag »

So are you suggesting a unit ship that can build bridges? I Concur with this. A unit like this could be useful. There are times I can't breach an enemy's perimeter and have a stand off (even with a.I.) cause the workers have to go tile by tile but this unit. This unit would provide a challenge for both players regardless the situation.
Normal is an illusion.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Meh, not a super useful unit imo.... Cause, well, I don't want to give away my strategies :)

But I see no reason I would ever use this :?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

Some units are for fun. Say I build docks and such sure but I'll also build a square bridge with a hole in the middle in open water to allow multiple workers to build additional naval units. And I'd like to see the bridge work with it. I can think of a couple times where my bridges just kept getting destroyed because I didn't have time to build a way around. The map The Forgotten Land. When faced against the a.I. they don't like bridges. At all. And they don't build their own they end up building transport ships and I just. Ugh. It would be an optional unit. Such as the skirmisher. It has it's purpose but I rarely see anyone other than a.I. to use them.
Normal is an illusion.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

SirDoucheBag wrote: It would be an optional unit. Such as the skirmisher. It has it's purpose but I rarely see anyone other than a.I. to use them.

Wait what? :shock: I use skirmies probably more than any other unit, besides halberdiers/pikemen maybe. But I do agree that a landing craft unit would be fun to have, I just wouldn't have any use for them personally, because they wouldn't fit my playstyle. However, just because I wouldn't ever use them doesn't mean they are a terrible idea overall. Kind of like how you don't use skirmies apparently and I depend heavily on them.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Please use skirmishers in our match. That would fit into my playstyle for you. :)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

COOLguy wrote:Please use skirmishers in our match. That would fit into my playstyle for you. :)
Lol, I tend not to use them too much on ocean maps... They don't make very good marine units ;)
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

If I have enough troop buildings maybe I'll use the skirmishers but most unlikely. I'm still trying to get a feel for what units I want to use most.
Normal is an illusion.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Let me influence you: make use of light cavalry and crossbows. Workers are the best units ever!!! Fortifications are underrated by some "strategists": use them to hold a containment line while you create an imbalance in the board favorable to you (basically use them to control the flow of the game - where the action will happen).

P.S. this is no joke (like I was joking to DoomCarrot). These are actually things to actually do. :)
Thanks!
Josh
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

COOLguy wrote:Let me influence you: make use of light cavalry and crossbows. Workers are the best units ever!!! Fortifications are underrated by some "strategists": use them to hold a containment line while you create an imbalance in the board favorable to you (basically use them to control the flow of the game - where the action will happen).

P.S. this is no joke (like I was joking to DoomCarrot). These are actually things to actually do. :)
I agree, but its all about making a huge hoard that will crush your foes, will suffer casualties, but you won't feel the blow as Reinforcements pour in. Also, get as many upgrades as you can to increase destruction rate.
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

That might work, but that is also a good way to die. Once the tide is turned on a horde, there is no retreat - the horde will die.

Counter a horde with a naturally strong defensive position (a river or a chokepoint for example) and use flak weapons like a catapult with area damage. The goal is to destroy more than the enemy can reinforce; it doesn't matter who has greater production capability it is who has the greatest ratio of units made to units lost - to fight smarter not harder is the goal.
Thanks!
Josh
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Swarming for the win! No way out after the enemy has out of chokepoints. And they can never take the offensive until YOU want them too
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope

Return to “Unit - water (ships)”