Metal Refinery - ANSWERED

SirDoucheBag

Metal Refinery - ANSWERED

Post by SirDoucheBag »

The metal refinery would serve as a new type of resource in game. Ex. The player would build a metal refinery which would generate so much So often. In return some of the higher level up units that require 6-8 turns get reduced to 4-5 but an additional requirement would be met of 3 metal or 4 metal. Replacing half the turn time for patience generating metals for stronger units. Perhaps the building can be created after 4 turns and once created can be captured and owned by any player increasing revenue income. So the units such as swords man or pike man can be freely made in the 2 turn basis the Broad swordsman and similar units can be 4 turn 3 metal. Or something like that. The building would be considered invaluable to players and would more than likely consider it a side objective to capture and control. Note that the building would only apply to units such (Ex.) Broad swordsman. Knights. Elephants.
Normal is an illusion.
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Metal Refinery

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Similar ideas have already been posted but were rejected due to being complicated
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

I was unaware of similar idea I did not see it. Should consider idea would add a fun objective to game and challenge players to play more strategically. Although the system is easy with the unit turn build it'd.(with the exception of upgrade purchases and in game tech upgrades) It'd be more intense having a second or third resource to build specific units. Game stays busy but kind of disappointing that your givin any item to build 1 lvl per turn but it lacks strategic complication of how to acquire your units. I feel as if I'm a privately funded para military with unlimited units as long as I live. Please reconsider it may be a bit complicated but give it a try? A trial run? Consider how interesting it would be to not only have to acquire sufficient resources but to even have to defend the buildings just in order to receive the unit found wanting. Forever with love of game
-SirDoucheBag
Normal is an illusion.
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

To keep up with unit cost maybe test a trial of 1 refinery +5 metal and every refinery owned increases material and turn wait by +1. Suggesting 2 refinery is 10 metal (5 metal per mill) +2 for each refinery owned and increasing turn wait (2) for resources into (3) turn wait for resources. Meaning 5 refinery would generate (25) metal in 6 turns +5 metal for 5 refinery's. Numbers can always be tweaked.
Normal is an illusion.
Ublaz Mad Eyes

Post by Ublaz Mad Eyes »

That sounds rather OP...

It's a decent idea, but I don't know if it'll work. It could easily be overused and could ruin the game.

Also, what about 2-turn units? What would it do to them?
YES, THE DAY WILL COME! HIS EMPEROR'S MOST EXCELLENT MAJESTY WILL CONQUER ALL!!!

NO, I AM NOT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I feel that any sort of resources in this game shoukd only be in another gamemode personally.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Re: Metal Refinery - ANSWERED

Post by COOLguy »

Yes, I think we are keeping AoS free of logistic problems like these.
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “ARCHIVED - Answered suggestions”