Factory

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Factory

Post by DoomCarrot »

Alright, so I realize this might not be easy, or even possible in terms of the game engine, but I had (what I think is an awesome) idea.

The factory would be just like most other buildings. However, it cannot produce any units. It is used to speed up the production of a city (like a permanent money lender). Basically, you would open up the factory's production screen, where you would then select a city for the factory to help. So long as that city is selected in the factory, it adds +1 production points to the city per turn, effectively producing things in said city twice as fast.

What do you guys think?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Alexander82

Re: Factory

Post by Alexander82 »

+1
Age of Fantasy design leader
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I think this is a cool idea. What about it produces different kinds of money lender type units (maybe some that don't make you lose a turn)? Would that be simpler?
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

That would work too. The thing I don't like about money lenders is they congest the map and can be killed very easily from ranged fire, which doesn't make much sense for a supply route.

Maybe factories could make a shipment wagon or something, like... every 3 turns, and it boosts production in a city by 3 or 4 turns, that way you are not losing any turns building it, it doesn't congest the map too badly, and since it is such a boost, it is much more strategic than a constant flow of cheap production boosts. And make it like a wagon, where it is impervious to range fire, but is easily destroyed by melee troops? (makes sense that a supply shipment could be intercepted and destroyed easily).
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

That makes sense.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

What about a gold wagon (3 turns) ? It can easily move to the desired city/tc
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:What about a gold wagon (3 turns) ? It can easily move to the desired city/tc
Yes, That is good. Maybe same stats as wagon, but it cannot carry troops?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Whe you have so much gold, you cannot have space for transporting troops.maybe. 1 slot foR 1 troop to gaurd it from a attack
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

No, it does not need to transport troops. Besides troops in a wagon don't attack.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

No i was saying that if the wagon is attacked the using that troop we can protect the wagon by makig them come outside.because a wagon left alone would be veryeasy to kill.just a thought

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

if you make the factory create a flying unit with 150 speed that can only enter owned tcs it's probably easyer to implement it
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

But flying units are too easy to kill.and for a nearby tc, they would become too costly(money lenders themselves are too costly compared too the work they do)

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Plus it must be an historically accurate example, no cargo planes or panzers please
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

Lol I hear that )...I believe if we take away planning, time, and developing and replace it with need for speed and quick domination. This goes against everything that makes AOS a great game in my opinion
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

you would never see it, it has a spped that allows it to reach instantly another tc, it's to allow the factory to give a bonus to a specific tc
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

But I would see it the turn it is created, and just the sight of a tie fighter amongst all my swordsman for one turn is enough to ruin the atmosphere lol :lol:
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

it should jus looks like a coin xD
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

The flying coin lol ;)
Thanks!
Josh
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

we might also add that this unit is destroyed if it ends its turn out of a friendly tc
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, I think if we are going to make the supply units that pointless, we might as well use the original idea of just selecting a city in the menu and it adds +1 production per turn. I don't really see why we would bother with the trouble of supply units if they just auto supply the city anyways... :?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes I agree. :)

The reason for having supply units, is because the auto way would require implementing a new mechanic with the menu to list the tc's as well as reduce construction time.
Thanks!
Josh
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Instead of the whole 'mega industrial powerhouse'
How about we make a market able to research some techs and produce units like: caravan, merchant, money lender, Jagdtiger
(From most to least expensive)
It seems a lot more plausible than having a huge industrial building in a forested mainland where most people are illiterate and farmers. :)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, then in that case the cities are just helping each other, which doesn't make much sense since cities are mostly consumers and need illiterate farmers to supply them :D

But I don't think it would really be a powerhouse, just a strategic building that could help cities in need on the frontline, where troops are getting killed faster then you can make them normally.

Although I do agree with you that money lenders should get an upgrade that make them more useful. Right now they are awful. :(
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

DoomCarrot wrote:Well, then in that case the cities are just helping each other, which doesn't make much sense since cities are mostly consumers and need illiterate farmers to supply them :D

But I don't think it would really be a powerhouse, just a strategic building that could help cities in need on the frontline, where troops are getting killed faster then you can make them normally.

Although I do agree with you that money lenders should get an upgrade that make them more useful. Right now they are awful. :(
Not really a city, a great big grand 4by4 market were you can research stealing and build merchants. And import vodka (10% conversion resist).
And purchase archaic heavy ordnance like hummel self propelled artillery or even Nebelwerfers!
It would be amazing yet balanced
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think we are Getting off track of the original idea here :lol:

Return to “Structures”