construction yard

TheBluePhoenix

construction yard

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

It is basically a 3x3 area where workers may build any unit(wagon,catapult,etc but not fortress ,gaurd towers castles and factories).what is being made inside will be hidden by the roof of the structure. Only the player himself can see inside it. It will provide protection to the workers
Last edited by TheBluePhoenix on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

ejm29

Re: dome

Post by ejm29 »

This seems like a science fiction idea. I don't remember ever hearing of a historical building of this type.
But I might be wrong :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Science fiction?? Can you explain me how?
I can explain you how not-
Basically you dont want the enemy to see what you are building and want your workers to work peacefully without being killed by the enemy. So you build a dome(it strikes me now that the name doesnt suit its purpose and the medievial age . So be very free to change it) at a open space (without any other terrain except ornamental and path terrains and the grass terrain.no water,forest,hill,etc in between) and keep your workers in it. It can hold max 4 workers inside.
It will not : heal them
Give them mending bonus
It will just : cover up what you are building
Protect the workers inside from any external attack
Any problem now?
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

Ah ok, it was the "dome" idea that made me think of science fiction (I was imagining a force field :lol: )
It sounds like a cool idea. But im not sure if the game would be able to do that. But if it can, it would be cool. :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Its not that tough. It can be like a castle with 5 slots- 4 for workers and 1 for the thing that is being built
Rules: only 4 workers allowed . No other units allowed. Only 1 thing can be made at one time inside.
Logic: allowing only 4 workers inside is because at max 4 workers can work on a unit . And logically, the min . Cubical Space req. To accomodate 4 workers and 1 unit being built is 3x3.hence it is a 3x3 structure

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Is that some sort of construction site?
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

:)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Why dev you did not like the idea?

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

because the effect is the "fog of war" whtat is already in there.
this is a "localized" fog of war or something - if i understand right.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

But in fog of war the whole map is fogged. Here it is not so. The player may hide his development in an explored map also. This is mainly for explored maps where everyone can see everything.in addition it also protects your workers. Otherwise if you protect your workers( transporting them, letting them inside factories fortress etc) you cannot build at the same time.here you can. So its not completely fog of war and will also be breakable

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, i still not fan of the idea.
btw: it is intentional that you must protect your workers by army not by turtling in with towers, so you must go out from the building to build or mend anything it.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I know that, but thats not always possible if the enemy has ranged, siege units etc

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

exactly!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

And so we need something to protect them from ranged units

HokanPL

Re: construction yard

Post by HokanPL »

Construction Yard? Hey, too much C&C games :P

Or Dune. Starcraft, actually :lol:
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:And so we need something to protect them from ranged units
yes, you should get rid of those ranged units with your army. if u have no army only builders than you are lost.

Return to “Structures”