Overload

Sombrar +1

Overload

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Technology idea presented on Discord that I now made the image of, the technology will unlock a skill melee machines or other types depending on the case, the skill will give +2 speed for 1~2 turns, with 3 turns of cooldown.The skill could also give +1 attack and maybe some debuff if another buff besides speed is added, but no ideas at the moment.The technology will be researched in Bug den for 5 turns.

Technology description:The insectoids develop electrical circuits in their machines strong enough to allow them to push their machines a little beyond 100%, allowing them to move with immense speed and attacking more quickly, but also ending up causing problems in the machine and possible system failures due to the overload suffered, making it necessary to wait some time to activate this again "Frenzy" of the machine. NOTE: I posted the second image of the technology here because perhaps it could have been better, but the difference is that this second one I made some changes to the lighting of the image.
tech_overload (1).png
tech_overload (1).png (4.38 KiB) Viewed 360 times
tech_overload .png
tech_overload .png (4.35 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Skill Description:The machine moves at high speeds in short periods of time, allowing it to reach the front line of battle faster or for some support mission or transporting very large troops wounds more quickly.
ability_frenzy.png
ability_frenzy.png (1.05 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Effect description:The unit is in an intense frenzy, making it carry out attacks and dodges more quickly in combat, making it difficult for opponents to try to keep up with its speed.
effect_frenzy .png
effect_frenzy .png (213 Bytes) Viewed 360 times
Midonik

Re: Overload

Post by Midonik »

What were we considering for the drawback again?
I can think of some options:
1) Suffering damage as % of hp
2) Lowered attack for a turn or two after the end of the effect
3) Lowered armor for a turn or two after the end of the effect
4) Lowered armor during the effect
5) Self emp for a turn after the end of the effect (maybe a random chance for it?)
or some combination of those above.
I think it can give like 2-3 attack and affect all vehicles except antlion (maybe it can still get the speed I'll try).
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

I think a reduction in attack is better, so it would be like an attack skill where the unit, after using this, has problems staying in constant combat due to the energy overload there was suffered.So it would be as if the player had to wait for the unit to recover energy before being able to fight normally again.

Now about 2~3 more actions, I don't see much of a problem, because the insectoid vehicles are focused on having more actions, so some would have 4~5 actions in a turn with the ability.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Wait are we talking about actions? I thought you meant the damage they deal. 2-3 actions, in my opinion, would be very overpowred unless maybe we combined all the drawbacks.

Even if its gaining one more actions, even if many insectoid vehicles have 2 at default so it's less effective like you said, I feel like reduced attack afterwards is not enough. For a 1 action vehicle thats double the offensive capacities, for 2 action ones its still 50% more.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Ah, I misunderstood,when you said "Attacks" I thought it was adding actions instead of more strength, a mistake in my interpretation here.

Return to “Insectoids”