Anti-cavalry unit for the romans

Urss2004

Anti-cavalry unit for the romans

Post by Urss2004 »

Hi, i was thinking that the romans miss a crucial type of unit: an anti-cavalry unit. I know that changes to the romans often aren’t necessary because they are already pretty balanced, but i think a light/medium spear man/hoplite would cover a vital role for the army
Urss2004

Re: Anti-cavalry unit for the romans

Post by Urss2004 »

I know that auxiliares spearman can cover that role but their stable production is impossible due to the randomness of the auxiliares
b2198

Re: Anti-cavalry unit for the romans

Post by b2198 »

They already have equites as an anti-cavalry unit. While they're not the best, when buffed by a centurion and in significant numbers (they're cheap) they can easily stop cavalry assaults. They also have dromedarii in the auxiliaries too, which significantly debuff nearby enemy cavalry and have bonuses against them.

Also, I'm pretty sure romans are supposed to not be as strong against cavalry as other factions, the same way nordics are supposed to not be as strong against archers, steppe against skirmishers, japanese and primitives against heavy infantry/slow heavy cavalry, slavs against armored siege machines, etc., so it's fine for them to not have many options against those.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”