M8 Greyhound is to cheap Change Suggestion for vehicles with guns

Jasondunkel

M8 Greyhound is to cheap Change Suggestion for vehicles with guns

Post by Jasondunkel »

The Greyhound IS much to strong for a two Turn unite. Here i would like to have it a four turn unite. The france panhard 178 IS weaker. has 3 Turns to build

so what we could do, we give vehicles with gunes abilitiys one is the gun, the other ability is the mg and if possible with two action.

the gun ability gets the power of the xls and get i little bonus agianst tanks, vehicles, tank-destroyers and buildings, the mg ability gets the bonus from mg-infantrie without the tank and small planes bonus. the power here of the mg we can make 3 . if one of the abilitys is used , the other ability can not used in this turn .

than we could rework the price of the vehicles.than the vehicles with guns could be become a three turn unite. because some of them are to expencive in comparison to tanks
DreJaDe

Re: M8 Greyhound is to cheap Change Suggestion for vehicles with guns

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:19 am The Greyhound IS much to strong for a two Turn unite. Here i would like to have it a four turn unite. The france panhard 178 IS weaker. has 3 Turns to build

so what we could do, we give vehicles with gunes abilitiys one is the gun, the other ability is the mg and if possible with two action.

the gun ability gets the power of the xls and get i little bonus agianst tanks, vehicles, tank-destroyers and buildings, the mg ability gets the bonus from mg-infantrie without the tank and small planes bonus. the power here of the mg we can make 3 . if one of the abilitys is used , the other ability can not used in this turn .

than we could rework the price of the vehicles.than the vehicles with guns could be become a three turn unite. because some of them are to expencive in comparison to tanks
Considering all the German tanks and vehicle?

I dont think m8 is too strong at all.

Stupa?
Stug III F?
Nashorn?
Hetzer?
Jagpanzer?
Panther?

Out of all of these unit. M8 is one of the better balanced one as it has one factory.

One thing we just dont have is counter against "vehicles light"
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:09 am
Jasondunkel wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:19 am The Greyhound IS much to strong for a two Turn unite. Here i would like to have it a four turn unite. The france panhard 178 IS weaker. has 3 Turns to build

Considering all the German tanks and vehicle?

I dont think m8 is too strong at all.

Stupa?
Stug III F?
Nashorn?
Hetzer?
Jagpanzer?
Panther?

Out of all of these unit. M8 is one of the better balanced one as it has one factory.

One thing we just dont have is counter against "vehicles light"
Here you mix tanks and vehicles

There should be a comparison here with Puma, Penhard 178 etc

And I think the suggestion to give all vehicles abilities is the better way, and we could then make the vehicles with 3 rounds, as I said

and I don't think the M8 is balanced at all
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:27 pm Here you mix tanks and vehicles
That's fine on this case for so many reason but Ill mention one.

Remember that most of what I said can defeat m8greyhound in lowcost manner.

And I already explained this to stratego anyway. Either i use them to compare or not, M8 is balanced compared to most unit in game.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

I agree the Greyhound is OP for a 2 turn unit. I support raising its production cost to 3. Also,
Jasondunkel wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:19 am so what we could do, we give vehicles with gunes abilitiys one is the gun, the other ability is the mg and if possible with two action.

I like this idea.
DreJaDe wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:09 am One thing we just dont have is counter against "vehicles light"
This is also a great idea.

Could we work on implementing both?
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

the counter against "vehicles light"...

Which units should be able to do that? all ? only selected ones, like tanks or bazooka units?
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

For certain, hardened structures like cement bunkers and armored gun emplacements. I would also say the infantry units designed specifically to attack vehicles (AT rifle, pazerfaust, etc).

Maybe we should open another topic just to discuss this?

Return to “Balancing discussions”