Huge walls or city walls.

GamerGhazi

Huge walls or city walls.

Post by GamerGhazi »

Can u add a new type of walls named "city wall or huge wall" which will take 1 worker 6 turns to make one wall and 4 turn to make one gate of that type and take a catapult atleast 10 turns to destroy one. Also can you make the all type of gates captureable. All type of Gates should have close and open command. A command should take 1 turn to be completed. When closed no units can pass trough it and when opened every unit (enemies too) can pass trough it and it can be captured.
Bhuyian G
DreJaDe

Re: Huge walls or city walls.

Post by DreJaDe »

GamerGhazi wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:45 am Can u add a new type of walls named "city wall or huge wall" which will take 1 worker 6 turns to make one wall and 4 turn to make one gate of that type and take a catapult atleast 10 turns to destroy one. Also can you make the all type of gates captureable. All type of Gates should have close and open command. A command should take 1 turn to be completed. When closed no units can pass trough it and when opened every unit (enemies too) can pass trough it and it can be captured.
I honestly would love even just a different look for the walls.

But you see. The problem here is making them... Walls here is just too hard to make...
GamerGhazi

Post by GamerGhazi »

Coding or in game?
Bhuyian G
GamerGhazi

Post by GamerGhazi »

DreJaDe wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:58 am
GamerGhazi wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:45 am Can u add a new type of walls named "city wall or huge wall" which will take 1 worker 6 turns to make one wall and 4 turn to make one gate of that type and take a catapult atleast 10 turns to destroy one. Also can you make the all type of gates captureable. All type of Gates should have close and open command. A command should take 1 turn to be completed. When closed no units can pass trough it and when opened every unit (enemies too) can pass trough it and it can be captured.
I honestly would love even just a different look for the walls.

But you see. The problem here is making them... Walls here is just too hard to make...
programming or in game?
Bhuyian G
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

GamerGhazi wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:35 am Coding or in game?
Not sure about coding but people on the code department did say that terrains can be just copy and paste if you do it the way it was done before.

But for the drawing part... Yeah. That is the hardest part for me... No one but the devs can understand those things.

That wall sprite still scares me to this day.
I can make wall sprites but not the one this game requires.
GamerGhazi

Post by GamerGhazi »

DreJaDe wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:46 am
GamerGhazi wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:35 am Coding or in game?
Not sure about coding but people on the code department did say that terrains can be just copy and paste if you do it the way it was done before.

But for the drawing part... Yeah. That is the hardest part for me... No one but the devs can understand those things.

That wall sprite still scares me to this day.
I can make wall sprites but not the one this game requires.
May Allah bless you. I'll try to draw sprites. But you have to work hard to be perferct.
Bhuyian G
b2198

Post by b2198 »

I see some problems with this:
  1. Making gates capturable would probably make them near useless for the defending player, and they are already in a bad state. If you are trying to turtle up, often it's because your opponent is winning against you on the field, so they have advantage in non-siege combat. If that's the case, why would you want to build something that needs to be defended by a unit inside, like you have another TC to "babysit"? Even buffing their durability to an infinite value would still not change that.
    (There's an idea that might make this viable though, which would be a complete overhaul of the targetting system to make it so you can choose the unit itself or its garrison as the target, for all units that have a garrison, but that would be hard to implement and might make the game too overcomplicated (and would also require A LOT of balancing changes alongside it), so I don't think it's worth doing)
    (Also, even if you buff units inside, there are ways to counter that, and if you buff them enough, it might even become a "fortress" for your opponent right at your (literal) door, so that also wouldn't work)
    (Also also, it might even become a good strategy for the attacking player to build some offensive gates, to use them as launching points for wagons, and I really don't think that should be the point of gates)
  2. If they AREN'T capturable, then 4 turns is waaay too cheap for something that takes a catapult 10 hits to destroy. It would get spammed in the entire map (even sending workers in wagons to block your opponent's base from themselves would become viable) and games would become A LOT more sluggish.
  3. Having to open and close gates is also a nerf compared to current behavior, which again, is already in a not very good state, so I also don't think that would be good (at least right now. If other changes are made that counterbalances that, then doing that might become viable)
  4. Making gates cheaper than walls would make walls even less relevant than they already are. I do support increasing cost of walls to be higher than that of gates if walls become considerably sturdier, but this might run into point 2 again if not done carefully
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Structures”