(Priest) healer to druid upgrade - IMPLEMENTED

These suggestions are in the game
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: healer to druid upgrade

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i dont understand. base unit: priest? you mean healer?
and these images are too tall i think, we need a same sized as healer in height of character
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, i'm proposing to rename the healer in priest (that would make more sense if the upgrade is called bishop)
If we stick with the name "healer" we should choose a name that is more fit, like Master Healer, Expert Healer, and so on

the new images are these 2 (the upgrade is something like 2 pixel higher cause of the hood)
Attachments
Upgraded unit 2.png
Upgraded unit 2.png (20.84 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
Base Unit 2.png
Base Unit 2.png (20.72 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
Age of Fantasy design leader
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Change the face of the base unit. the purple one was better
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

What about the abilities?? I see no bpdy talking or confirming them. I am posting them again (for the hundredth time) :roll:
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:And please tell me which upgrade u selected 1st or 2 nd. I have already suggested healing in nearby tiles in 2 different ways. Choose from them
1. 30% conversion for 4 tiles(+ 30% persuasion)
2. 50% conversion decreasing to 10% for 5 tiles(+15% persuasion)
Heal rate is same in both cases 12

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:
TheBluePhoenix wrote:It should be written as 50-0% (indicating the complete range) and 10% besides it separated by comma ( indicating the % decrease with each block)

I strongly suggest you to implement the abilities i described ( also note that in this case persuasion has only 15% increase to not make it op )

as the healer at present is just to weak

or the second option is that the priest can convert any unit within 4 unit range with 30% possibility (+30% after pursuasion.)

This upgrade (priest) will have a good chance to heal and convert a unit making it possible to make a comeback
Daniel which type af upgrade do you prefer
I will make my stats accordingly. Confirm its abilities

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:Okay so its confirmed that heal master or master healer will have the multiple conversion at a single time ability with decreasing % . and will be able to heal at 12 rate all units just around it. Dev please confirm. Rest stats remain same. Coolguy have any suggestions??

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

This shows that i have asking dev for confirmations r
Epeatedly and dev is busy ignoring me :D 8-) 8-)

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I made a darker color for the healer

Like a priest tunic
Attachments
Base Unit 4.png
Base Unit 4.png (20.84 KiB) Viewed 7639 times
Base Unit 3.png
Base Unit 3.png (20.84 KiB) Viewed 7640 times
Last edited by Alexander82 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

For the abilities i think that improved stats, +1 speed, and area of effect for both healing and conversion would be great
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I dont like the name priest for a clurgyman(maybe i am wrong) Healer is better

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Dev please finalise and implement

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

BluePhoenix:
- sorry if u feel i am ignoring them, simply (as u mentioned) i had limited time to activate a unit.
- conversion changing with distance: i dont want to complicate the game so i try staying in the simpler way - but i will open a new thread copying your ideas there and if the monthly voting brings that there are many people 7-10 likes the changing probabalility of conversion than i will reconsider it - currently i feel that everyone (except u) wants more the healer upgrade than the distance-changing feature.
- naming: it is a little problemout to change the name of an existing unit (because we have many translations in languages i dont speak :)) so i will either keep priest, or if u can suggest other that is not only a prefixed version of healer (that i try to avoid) eg. master/great and so on - than i will consider them.
- image: thanks for all the images you do! ut here i will suggest one since i think you are mixing the hard and low contouring on same sprite (on cannon tower too) that looks not so coherent (imho)

and again please dont think i am ignoring you
- just i have limited time
- and i want to keep the game simple (and if i do not understand something at first glance - how many time i have - than that is probably more complex than it should be :) - just kidding, but can be true for some cases in this forum)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

here are my image suggestions based on healer - only coloring and the newly suggested artifacts.
and as a reference the current healer.
Attachments
64_unit_high_priest.png
64_unit_high_priest.png (1.44 KiB) Viewed 7633 times
32_unit_priest.png
32_unit_priest.png (966 Bytes) Viewed 7633 times
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I was just jocking dev. u said u didnt have time for reading all posts so i copied them for yr ease. Also i suggest then that let the conversion probability for both healer and preacher(short and sweet) be 30 % . The difference being that healer converts only 1 unit per turn while the preacher converts all together. The heal rate for preacher be 10 and it heals all units around it while the healer heals any 1 unit within 2 tiles. The spell range shoud be +1 for upgrade

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

(images updated)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I suggest that the new healer be the purple one that alexander named monk

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:I was just jocking dev. u said u didnt have time for reading all posts so i copied them for yr ease. Also i suggest then that let the conversion probability for both healer and preacher(short and sweet) be 30 % . The difference being that healer converts only 1 unit per turn while the preacher converts all together. The heal rate for preacher be 10 and it heals all units around it while the healer heals any 1 unit within 2 tiles. The spell range shoud be +1 for upgrade

nice ideas but again a new mechanism in the game can make it more complex, however you can open two new topics for them at the eg. "Unit balancing" sections (since u want to change their default behaviours):
1. healers: distance dependent conversion
2. healers: single or multiple unit conversion at a time

however the latter sound absolute op since i can dop a "preacher" into the middle of enemy and the whole army is mine...
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I knew u would say that so i think persuasion should have no effect on the upgrade

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Then just inctease the range and the % of conversion and make it heale aoe
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:I knew u would say that so i think persuasion should have no effect on the upgrade
why? a unit upgrade yhould be very similar to its ancestor, same mechanisms, same effects, only bigger and better, or some new effects, we should not remove enything that the ancestor knew. - inmo.

so i think persuasion should affect both, and the new unit should only have extras related to its ancestor.

Alex: the unit is in the dev version check it i have changed properties. (not the range, for reason)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok then maybe not all units but 3 units. Sounds ok??

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

And if you think even this is op then increase unit turn cost (4)and upgrade tech turn cost (7)

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

The game crashes when i try to make that upgrade
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

oh, please send me crash report - thanks.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: healer to druid upgrade - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks! fix is up on server in 10 minutes.
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

So is the new unit a upgrade of a healer or is it a completly new unit?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Upgrade. Dev when wilp it be on playstore update? Any problems faced regarding it?

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I've tested it... I believe it's just slightly better than a normal healer... to really become more effective it should gain some speed
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

But i made it clear it should heal all units around it and convert 3 units in range . Speed cannot be increased as then the missinary becomes useless. I suggest you make an image for its upgrade also while i prepare some stats

Return to “IMPLEMENTED - Infantry”