Heavy vs heavy inf

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
DreJaDe

Heavy vs heavy inf

Post by DreJaDe »

You know... Facing Legion against knight is the grindiest shit I ever experienced. Yes, I know there are better options but really. But when doing a a roman role play, most of other choice are not there.

So heres a suggestion... Maybe we can make the heavy infantry have some bonus against each other. Not that much but at least will make them at MOST on the level of swordsman v swordsman.
godOfKings

Re: Heavy vs heavy inf

Post by godOfKings »

Wat about equites? Also roman archers r really good at spamming and damaging, u can also make thracian falxman, and belerian slingers, or the easiest option, just convert with senators
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:45 am Wat about equites? Also roman archers r really good at spamming and damaging, u can also make thracian falxman, and belerian slingers, or the easiest option, just convert with senators
Equite is bad against Heavy
Sagittarius is even worse
Falxman and balearic slingers can be good but are merc and limited to factory.
Senators are indeed good but... Yeah. Immersion be gone.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

U could also use non roman cataphract, but i guess equites should get better bonus against heavy infantry, also, merc or not, its easier to spam falxman than foot knight
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Btw we could add some new units like these http://ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php? ... 068c9c19bb

I remember there r gladiators using mace as well as one that uses nets

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:36 pm U could also use non roman cataphract, but i guess equites should get better bonus against heavy infantry, also, merc or not, its easier to spam falxman than foot knight
What I want is to be able to play Roman style with mostly romans and their complements. At least make it a valid strat.

Common on battles are heavy vs heavy but indeed, its not really how AOS works which is more like skirmishing then face to face siege. Cataphracht and falxman can work but neither is immersive when playing roman unless im playing as byzantines...

Equite should indeed be good but yeah... I think roman should still be a infantry heavy stylized then complements.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think the throw pilum of praetorian should get a bonus on heavy infantry

Return to “Unit balancing”