Increase meca scarab shield range.and strength

warlock

Increase meca scarab shield range.and strength

Post by warlock »

In late game insectoids have little protection against enhanced reptilian energy weapons. Increasing range, and strenght of meca acarab shield would sllow for a balance. This could tequire the player invest in some tech.
Anchar

Re: Increase meca scarab shield range.and strength

Post by Anchar »

I do not think that the scarab shield will somehow solve the issue of balancing the enhanced energy weapons of the reptiles, it will only give an imbalance in other areas.
warlock

Post by warlock »

Please elaborate. What other areas? When a 2 cost base infantry has more firepower than most light tanks, I fail to see your point.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Whose base infantry has it more than which light tanks? The increase in area armor from the mechascarab will make it impossible to kill ants spammed from 2 running larvae in 4 turns, just like flies and larvae from buildings, if you add this + queen aura + technology, do you want this? at the same time, it won't save mechanical creatures from "enhanced" energy weapons in any way, in my opinion, unless this aura gives super armor.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

By the way, there are already disputes on the discord about balancing the technique of insects relative to lizards.
I agree that the insectoid technique is outdated compared to lizards and humans, although they have a lot of interesting things in other areas. I think the Mechascarab is already quite useful and is a support mech. I think it would be possible to increase the speed of the bettle meha to 3, reduce the cost of the scorpion mecha to 5, and also increase the range of the web of the spider meha (since no one uses it)
warlock

Post by warlock »

I agree something needs doing for the meca spider. Too slow and no punch. Reducing cost of scorpion also makes sense. For the battle meca, increading speed would help. It can also be left as is if the devs see it as a defensive unit first.
warlock

Post by warlock »

Coming back to yor previous point. I have tried spamming elite infantry using larvae, spamming queens with grubs from TC and recycling crap units. It was never eanough. The resource investment for queens is too deep. Now, maybe it is just me. Or maybe something is off. That being said, returning to 2 turn larvae is not the answer. I remember that setting and it was too strong.

Return to “Balancing”