Gigabombs.

Post by Anchar »

Gigabombs.
Construction cost 3-5
Lives 15-30
Attack 0
Range 0
Armor 0/0
The ability of a powerful explosion in which the bomb self-destructs and deals damage in 4-5 tiles, causing damage to enemies and allies. The ability will have an initial cooldown of 5-7 moves. Increased damage to buildings.
It is needed in order to destroy huge numbers of advancing enemy forces when there are no more options, and it will also work well against insectoids and their structures, thanks to the initial cooldown, it will be possible to destroy it on the front line, so it will not be too strong in the offensive.
Midonik

Re: Gigabombs.

Post by Midonik »

Thats a huge area. Would probably cause some friendly fire. Also building it is planning to lose territory in many turns in advance, especially with the initial cooldown. I dont know if this would be pratical. Perhaps the initial cooldown is not necessary or could be lower so it is actually possible to get it to work as you lose territory. Using it on the frontline with that cost and high risk of your offensive troops, or at least the builders, getting caught in the explosion, or the building just being destroyed, will be hard even with no/low initial cooldown.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

The initial recharge time is necessary because if she has a distance of 5, the Human turrets will not reach her, and the builders can fly away in hovercars or sacrifice themselves, since this bomb can blow up a bunch of turrets with garrisons, although it is possible that Human will be able to defuse the bomb thanks to fast technology and jumping infantry, but not the fact that reptiles simply will not fly to the enemy's rear and will not lay a bomb in one move sacrificing several builders and a transport device. I think this bomb will work well for retreating or creating traps. Offensive troops can wait in the rear before using the bomb.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Although I didn't think of a significant downside, in multiplayer it can be used against an ally to ruin the game.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I think a initial cooldown of 2 (so can be used on next owner turn) would be enough to give people time to destroy it. No need for 5 aoe. Also the damage should get weaker the further from the epicenter an unit is so you really have to build it close.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

?
Attachments
unit_rep_gigabomb.png
unit_rep_gigabomb.png (1.38 KiB) Viewed 361 times

Return to “Planetary”