version 1.158

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.

Non-tester forumers: if you want to get the DEVELOPER version (to see the changes sooner, or you want to try your own map designs) please EMAIL me to zerotouchsystems at gmail dot com to register yourself as a tester.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version 1.158

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version 1.157 is published
godOfKings

Re: version 1.158

Post by godOfKings »

Roman culture is now officially the tankiest culture in-game, most 3 turn units with already 3 armor will end up with 6 armor late game, centurion with another centurion support will have enough p.armor to survive 6 late game 10 dmg arbalest attacks, even 2 turn roman archers are also very tanky
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

godOfKings wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:03 am Roman culture is now officially the tankiest culture in-game, most 3 turn units with already 3 armor will end up with 6 armor late game, centurion with another centurion support will have enough p.armor to survive 6 late game 10 dmg arbalest attacks, even 2 turn roman archers are also very tanky
Just to correct. There are no 2 turn roman archers.

All roman archers, even the auxiliary is 3 turns.

Though being tanky, they are actually weak against seige. Their building bonus suck. Obviously, there are other more but that's about what im saying for now.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

numidian and gallci cavlry not aviable at roman castrum
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

yurt lacks the second upgrade tech for light cvalry
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I actually noticed those but just stopped because they might be intentional.

If I have an issue though, it's the removal of late winged hussar upg to the stables which really made things more hard using their meta.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

i cant see the lack of those mercenaries in the roman castrum when other ancient mercenaries are there!
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

L4cus wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:02 pm yurt lacks the second upgrade tech for light cvalry
Fixed in the assets.
DreJaDe wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:02 pm I actually noticed those but just stopped because they might be intentional.

If I have an issue though, it's the removal of late winged hussar upg to the stables which really made things more hard using their meta.
It was intentional.
It's mentioned in the version log.
Change:Both hussar lines are available in Veche Izba now. Winged Hussar upgrade - exclusively.
L4cus wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:30 pm i cant see the lack of those mercenaries in the roman castrum when other ancient mercenaries are there!
Actually - I'm not sure.
On proposition there was:
Build list is most of the roman units beside senator a while adding ballista at it.
So there is no need to make exact copy of roman garrison trainable units.
Plus gallic cavalry is in fact [Celtic].

Anyway - it's balancing discussion, not a bugfix.
Age of Strategy design leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Nice, some interesting additions. There were some freebies in that pack I think - Battlements, Legion Training 2, Ace Cav and Posthouse weren't available to buy in the upgrade tree, but they all appear as they should in game.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:09 pm Nice, some interesting additions. There were some freebies in that pack I think - Battlements, Legion Training 2, Ace Cav and Posthouse weren't available to buy in the upgrade tree, but they all appear as they should in game.
There is no Legion Training 2.
Legion Training is the tech boosting heavy infantry with 1 range aura to other heavy infantry.
Advanced Legion Missile Tactics is available along with buying Advanced Legion Command.
Battlements and posthouse are supposed to be free.

Ace Light Cavalry is my mistake - it should have shop item with 5 or 6 cost.
Age of Strategy design leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

That's the one I mean, Advanced Legion Command is there in game in my Roman Garrison but not in the upgrade shop.

And I've noticed a little oddity with War Canoes - they only allow a unit to embark /disembark when they are on a tile that supports land and water units, eg bridge or TC
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:27 pm Ace Light Cavalry is my mistake - it should have shop item with 5 or 6 cost.
Just remembered this one, is it fixed aswell in 1.159 @Endru1241 ?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”