Clarify Cannon Ability Shooting Line

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Aral_Yaren

Clarify Cannon Ability Shooting Line

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Some units don't have proper ability range shown (the red shooting line):

- Galleon cannon (range should be 6, but only the normal 8 available)
- Turtle Ship cannon (range should be 4, but only the normal 3 available)
- Fort cannon (range should be 6, but only the normal 8 available)

Imho this would help players to calculate shooting line using the above unit's ability as right now only the black cannon displayed when one click the ability when unit in shooting line.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
godOfKings

Re: Clarify Cannon Ability Shooting Line

Post by godOfKings »

Normal range is only basic atk range i think, not spell range
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

That's not really an issue.
Red colored tiles are showing action/effect range- be it attack, aura, effect - it only shows maximal one.
So it works perfectly for them, as they have higher range of attack.

We could discuss if it really good idea to show it like that, but it's not an issue, but new idea.
Age of Strategy design leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Ah yes, should be in Other Discussion, sorry.

Continuing, the red shooting line for the above units would be good imho (from my experience in MP sometime I missed potential cannon shot target using the ability, mainly in terrain that has dark, unbright color).
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Maybe we should have a second range indicator that could show ability range? And skills that are meant to show in the indicator are adjusted to have the same range as that? Maybe a yellow line, that when overlapped with the current red one would become orange-ish?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Gameplay & UI”