Skill targetting working incorrectly inside castle.

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
b2198

Skill targetting working incorrectly inside castle.

Post by b2198 »

The blacksmith should be able to apply the mend buff to any valid unit near the castle it's in, but as you can see, it's only letting me target those on the right. I'll do some tests in the ME and edit this if I'm able to figure out the conditions that cause this.

Edit: I think I've figured it out. Steps to reproduce:
1) put a blacksmith inside a multi-tiled building
2) put a bridge or a great flag right next to the multi-tiled building (So I'm guessing it's something related to buildings that show garrisoned units)
3) put a valid target for any of the blacksmith's abilities in movement range of the bridge/great flag without entering the multi-tiled building or any of it's adjacent tiles
4) move target to the bridge/great flag
5) try to use the blacksmith's ability on the target

Edit 2: generalizing:
1) put any unit that has a targeted skill inside a multi-tiled building
2) put a bridge/great flag anywhere inside the skill range of the unit
3) put a valid target for the skill outside the skill range
4) move target to the bridge/great flag
5) try to use the skill on the target

Expected result: the skill should be able to be cast on target, since it's inside range and is targetable if caster is not inside a multi-tiled building

Observed result: the skill can't be cast on that unit until either the caster leaves the multi-tiled building, or the unit moves to a tile without a great flag/bridge where it can be targeted

Edit 3: if the unit is inside the skill range and able to be targeted, moves to a bridge/great flag that is OUTSIDE the range, then moves to another bridge/great flag that is INSIDE the range, it's able to be targeted correctly

Edit 4:
This also applies to enemy units, so I think it's a big one for water maps. Also tested with auras, but they work normally (except the already known (right?) range shown bigger than effective range bug)

Edit 5:
It also seems to work fine for skills that are able to target the bridge/great flagitself, so I think the problem is that somehow the skill is sometimes not registering the unit garrisoned as being a target, and instead registering the bridge/great flag as a target

Edit 6: Great Flag, not Warbanner, sorry.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
b2198

Re: Skill targetting working incorrectly inside castle.

Post by b2198 »

Seems like this might actually a bigger problem than I previously thought.

There's another Yabusame in that TC right below that incorrectly can't be targeted by the herbalist inside the high castle:

That Yabusame was in that position before that:

I'll do some more testing in the ME to see if I can reproduce this case.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Game”