Maximum and Minimum Badge

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Aral_Yaren

Maximum and Minimum Badge

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Excuse me if I'm wrong, it's that currently when we set a game with badge, it only allows players of the same badge and upwards.

And when some new clients (lets say lv. 2) created a game and wished that people only on the same badge or below that can enter her/his game, she/he cannot do anything if bigger badge player join.

I believe it's very helpful in the situation like this to have a minimum and maximum badge button on game setting.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Midonik

Re: Maximum and Minimum Badge

Post by Midonik »

Why wouldnt you want a higher badge player to join your game?
They dont necessarily have higher level of skill, the badges are based on activity, not on victories to loses ratio or smt.
So the better the badge, the better.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Because mainly in AoS higher badge players tend to have more or all upgrades unlocked, compared to this new player. And he (or she) wanted to have a fair, relatively new-to-new players match.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Oh and to add, badge sysytem only show how many turns that players has played in multiplayer, and does not nearly guarantee activity - eventhough in most case this proves how serious and passionate players in the game.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Badge is for activity.

And it's flawed to filter player experience by it.
Level was made for being such indicator.

E.g. I don't play multiplayer at all, so I'd have lowest possible activity badge if I decided to play some.
But I have all upgrades, finished most single player maps in game.
Even skipping knowledge from being design leader - do you think it would be ok according to player wishes if he expected someone new, like himself?
Age of Strategy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Agree.

I have met lots of people with highest badge who do not have even single upgrade at all for race they choose in aof.

Also i have met lots of people who have low badge filter but are one of the top players in terms of strength. They are simply playing multiplayer only with friends and very rarely.

Badge filter can represent only how active is player in multiplayer.
Why would you want to play against exclusively players with low activity in multiplayer?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

And I also had experience of playing max badge player and in the midst they gone off as life called them - including myself who had to be out the game more than 2 months (and kicked from more than 6 games and somehow didnt lost my max badge).

Maka, I play AoF recently for curious first - and found it enjoyable. So I know a little of such reason - in AoF one should be more focus on a single race (or faction?) from the start to play better optimized single race and cannot jump to one upgrade to another like in AoS, since so many upgrade there are so early game earnings must be correct, and tight.

I acknowledge the reason as I said earlier. Here I present a new player's idea in one game of mine who had higher level players enter some of his game despite he already chose badge level to level 2 and he didn't enjoy it as I said first. And if leaders find it no priority, then he and I shall comlpy in satisfaction.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The thing is that we are waiting implementation of minimum and maximum player level for the games.

This will be much more representative than player badge.

There will be an option to set max level of players to join in or min level.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Gameplay & UI”