Town Fortifications

Moderator: Endru1241

The Pendulum

Town Fortifications

Post by The Pendulum » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:01 pm

As the title suggests, perhaps a research able effect would be a good addition?

Town Fortification could be research able in the Advancements center, could take 6 turns or so, and would give any units inside a TC an added 2 armor and pierce armor (to simulate palisade walls around the town).

Also, I thought about another tech research able in the Advancements center, called "Oil Cauldrons". They would be a wall, castle and gatehouse tech that would take 6-8 turns to research, and when attacked, any melee units would take an initial 10hp damage, plus fire Damage over time for 3 turns? Perhaps this could only be applied to melee units every 3rd attack or so after the first?

Thoughts?

Darkknight

Re: Town Fortifications

Post by Darkknight » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:55 am

2 armor and 2 pierce armor could be too powerful. I think it should have no armor but +1 pierce armor.

The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 am

Only having pierce armor makes much more sense now that I think about it, thank you.

The idea would be, that basically, a town or castle, has walls and ramparts that would shield them from arrows. I don't think 2 armor would be too powerful, after all, they are siege defenses. I think 2 pierce armor would be the sweet spot for a tech like this. Melee units still have full reign on the offense, and you can't kill archers without either shooting back or going after them. With a tech like this, it would make outposts (or holdouts) in a TC, much more viable IMO.

RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:24 pm

I agree, units inside tc should be protected already somewhat! but if there is a tech for it I would definitely get it good idea )
and remember,wherever your at,there you are

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Sorry, I meant to respond earlier.

I think this is an extremely similar topic to viewtopic.php?f=8&t=679 Basically the idea of upgrading tc's. Please check it out and tell me what you think (if it should be merged). :)
Thanks!
Josh

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 am

i agree with RiverRaider
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Techs”