Production Pause/Priority

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Foxious

Production Pause/Priority

Post by Foxious »

The Issue:
Right now the priority of the productions starts from top, left to right towards the bottom, row by row.
In a capped 1v1, big map game, this gives a huge advantage to the payers who pay at the bottom.
While the top side player, needs to replenish their units from the north towards let's say center, by 20+ squares which takes at least 4-5 turns at the best, the Bottom player has them right on the battlefield which lets them quickly spend units to destroy enemy's frontline. Also If they advance, they can easily destroy older buildings and recreate them closer to the new frontline! while If the top player does this, there's a good chance those buildings never reproduce but the TCs.

Suggestion:
Add Either a pause button to the production page. so instead of canceling the whole process, let's say an elephant that has only 1 turn left to be trained, get canceled and drop the player back by 5-8 turns! they just pause and can be resumed by the same button/option (can be the right side of the Cancel production option at the bottom right side of the production dialogue box)
Also an option under More icon (3 vertical dots) for Resume All/Pause All would be nice. Paused buildings can have an indicator icon. like a small pause, or a red dot or something of that type on them.

Alternative suggestion not as handy but will do
a switch Sort button just to decide if the productions should be top to bottom or the other way around.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Production Pause/Priority

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Right now the priority of the productions starts from top, left to right towards the bottom, row by row.
tbh i dont undertand this line at all. what do u mean by productions? in rows and - ??

ok i read the whole post 5 times and i have no idea what you talking about :)
Foxious

Post by Foxious »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:29 pm
tbh i dont undertand this line at all. what do u mean by productions? in rows and - ??

ok i read the whole post 5 times and i have no idea what you talking about :)
Production priority when reaching cap limit is from top to bottom and left to right.
Let's say we have a 3 by 3 map and all 9 tiles are TCs or barracks. All of them are training Wardogs which take only 1 turn each.
If there is only 1 unit remaining until the player cap the limit... The building on top left will produce a wardog. the other 8 don't produce a unit because the cap limit is reached.
If there is only 2 units remaining until the cap limitation, Top left and top center building will produce.
If there is only 3 units remaining until the cap limitation, all the top row buildings produce, the rest of them don't produce.
If there is only 4 units remaining until the cap limitation, the building in second row, on the left produces...
I'll add an image for better understanding
b2198

Post by b2198 »

I second this idea, would make low unit cap games much more strategic and less annoying.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Gameplay & UI”