Civilization Age

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Civilization Age

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Yes, the battle of human foes from the very past till very present. The first civilization of the world , the Mesopotamian(Sumerian) Civilization all the way through the several centuries of past of other civilizations and is now on our hands, the android era's Cybernetic civilization and towards the upcoming Robotic and Extra terrestrial civilizations. This is the Age Of Civilization!!!
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih

Re: Age of Civilization

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Here we discuss about the timeline of civilization, the technologies and warfare, the events and historical notes. Gathering as much reference, teaming up the frame workers, the arts, the balancing and much more..

So, all those who are interested in history ,strategy ,TBS games, feel free to join the team of Civics
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Oh... Well...

Forge of empires, at our Engine will look good...

And Age of Civilization name is already taken...
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:49 am Forge of empires
a much deeper thought , but honestly i didn't know about it. I just wanted the boardgames' concept in a more detailed
Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:49 am Age of Civilization
Isn't it a boardgame? I hope that won't matters
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Thu May 27, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Age of Civilization is a popular mobile and later pc game, it definetely matters.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Hyuhjhih

Civilization Age

Post by Hyuhjhih »

So a name change?

Weird i haven't heard about it. All i know is the board game.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Hmm 🤔...
Then its good idea
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

So, the initials would be concentrating on at least 2 civs. And we would definitely need a distinction of eras. We dont want the missile blowing up the cavemen. Nor the cannons messing up the pitchforks. Its better we start from the oldest.

Do we need to involve some mythical aspects like mummy summoning of egypts, gemology concepts of greece,Egypt, mayan etc..

Age of Civilization is a pocket-sized civilization game. Throughout one game, each player leads up to three historical civilizations to form a unique combination of abilities. Players build Wonders, research technology, develop culture, conquer for glory, or even enslave their people. Only the player who wisely manages his workers and wealth can achieve the greatest civilization.
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Thu May 27, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

What exactly is your conception? You just want all historical ears in one game? Isnt that just merging AoS, AoD AoWW and AoMW? I see little point. Or do you want to make and Ao game copy of Civilization games for mobile? We dont have the engine for that I think, and more importantly it was already done (Uniciv).
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Not at all mido. I am using the same plot of AoS, the warfare, But the units are defined within each civilization.
Ie, if we want to choose a civ of grade X, the opponents have to use a civ with a grade -X to +X.
So, the civs are further classified as eras, as most civs under a certain era is same in composition.
Hyuhjhih wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:18 am Do we need to involve some mythical aspects like mummy summoning of egypts, gemology concepts of greece,Egypt, mayan etc..
This, as some sort of fictional stuff as how insectoids, reptilian and human evolved in AoG.

I am working on the basic balancing now, and it will become clear then
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Midonik

Re: Civilization Age

Post by Midonik »

So its AoS with races? Well, factions, civilizations, I suppose.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The base layout of first faction is ready.

STONE AGE <3300BC
Civilizations
  • Nomads
  • Sangoans
  • Oldowans
  • Levalloisians

Features
  • Shared period with other hominids
  • primate look
  • Tanzanian cave age,fertile crescent, Ice age
  • Hunting, camping, farming
  • mastodons, mammoths,sabertooths,giant sloths, mega floras,bisons,deers
  • Petroglyphs(tracking),shamanism(predictions)

I Nomads: No weapons ,fast,tree related life,caves
II Sangoans: Bone weapons,fast, fire, caves, animal husbundary
III Oldowans: Stone weapons, throwers,javelins,slower,caves,camping,caves,tree huts, petroglyphs, hammerstones
IV Levalloisians: Stone and wood combined ,slower, weapons, archers ,spearmen ,macemen, shamanism, farming, art.

The match starts with both opponents as Nomads, a main cave(rep TC), nomadic style units, related technologies(objective), caves(rep towers), tree scavenging (rep special effects). Once all the technology is researched, the player advances to next,ie, sangoans. In the same phase, they advance through the civilization and reaches the final Levalloisians. Art enables abilities and auras
The neutral mobs can be the animals, other hominids, and neutral cavemen of respective phase. The campaigns can have riots, offenses or defense between the civilizations.
Balancing: the stat sheet can be similar to AoS and with some few exceptions like, adding some tags. The unit classes can be serially updated (ref how the whole class effected by a common upgrade).

Special thanks for James Clement Andrew Ph.D, MA History. @Historical notes and classification (my colleague from another department). Hope he helps along the journey.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I just tried to sketch out the main cave. Bad?
Main Cave by Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png
Main Cave by Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png (2.55 KiB) Viewed 3453 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Looks like something else but it could do.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

U sure u wanna go do this project? Without any Volunteers or Jsoners, it will probably end up like Age of Steampunk.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wait we have steampunk?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

If i could manage to get a green, from Daniel, i think i have the potential to continue (the age of gods turns temp suspended waiting for his green)
Badnorth wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:32 pm Without any Volunteers or Jsoners
Since i really don't want to go back to my discarded past of programming field and i am working in a way different field right now i expect a few less of modding by my self. And if i have to, i will consider getting a look back at my old programming classes books and files.
And i think by finding enough time for this, editing a premade template is far easier than making a new one.
Though i need a quicker look up and an advisor.

Anyone who gets interested in this can be a volunteer or atleast a suggestion can be made.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

What should be the size of faction icon?
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

godOfKings wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:00 pm Wait we have steampunk?
Yes... But work was stopped
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:27 pm What should be the size of faction icon?
32×32
Harchie Hirondo

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

Oooh nice idea. I've been thinking of something like this before where the player advances into later eras. :D
The problem here is how will we manage the AI(we don't want the AI to build MBTs, aircraft carriers and missiles while the player is still in the stone age or in the medieval age), and balancing all the eras.
I think the starting era option(map setup option before starting a new game, player can choose the starting era) can be added here.
Your proposed variant name is already taken by Age of Civilizations (renamed to Age of History; games by Lukasz Jakowski) which is also a turn-based game. It's a Polish made game so Midonik already knew about it or he already played it.
The war is inevitable! But what if....
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The faction(ref stone age) defined is a good barrier which restricts AI from choosing missiles on stones. But, as the way proposed, AI needs to complete all related techs before advancing to next civilization. Like nomads to sangoans. I hope there is surely a way there.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Harchie Hirondo wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:45 am Oooh nice idea. I've been thinking of something like this before where the player advances into later eras. :D
The problem here is how will we manage the AI(we don't want the AI to build MBTs, aircraft carriers and missiles while the player is still in the stone age or in the medieval age), and balancing all the eras.
I think the starting era option(map setup option before starting a new game, player can choose the starting era) can be added here.
Your proposed variant name is already taken by Age of Civilizations (renamed to Age of History; games by Lukasz Jakowski) which is also a turn-based game. It's a Polish made game so Midonik already knew about it or he already played it.
But after all it is basically a boardgame like chess. Plus, the name is changed. And how could it be in CCL
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

And since this variant has to be passed through several eras, i might need to borrow the sprites from other variants. Like the ashigaru from AoS and mechs from AoG but there is time to reach that level.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:15 am And since this variant has to be passed through several eras, i might need to borrow the sprites from other variants. Like the ashigaru from AoS and mechs from AoG but there is time to reach that level.
Hmm 🤔
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I just sketched out the faction icon. Hope it looks good.
ConceptImageImage
Attachments
Stone-Age Icon by Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png
Stone-Age Icon by Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png (2.23 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

A bit lighter face.
Attachments
Stone-Age Icon by Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.png
Stone-Age Icon by Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.png (1.98 KiB) Viewed 3387 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Any idea on representation of team colors, where and how, since all it might have is skin hair and different posters of stone weapons. Would the unit selector be enough or the sprites need it. What about excluding primitive sprites from having team colors and including it in later advanced ones(once they learn to wear cloths)
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

U can just add a strip of team colour on the bottom of leather skirt, or may b team coloured headband or tattoo on body
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The ape like human.... with a head band nor tattoo seems good idea. How about team color tinted shadows.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Return to “General discussions”