Graphic Issue: Great Flag beheaded my Canoneer

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
BeanofKnowledge

Graphic Issue: Great Flag beheaded my Canoneer

Post by BeanofKnowledge »

The top part of the elite Canoneer doesn't show when standing in front of a great flag:
http://imgur.com/a/PtmgoRL
Endru1241

Re: Graphic Issue: Great Flag beheaded my Canoneer

Post by Endru1241 »

Does it happen every time?
What OS do you have?

For me on Android 10 it works normally.
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i dont understand are they occupying same tile?
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I have seen these things before. The cases are

1. Some terrain structures, like moat and bridge , behind a tower ( fortress) and overlapping the tower sprite while it is not supposed to.
2. Archers head while standing infront of factory building get overlapped by it.
3. Some terrains in map editor is not merged with background and it appears as distinct sprites.
4. Viking berserk while in berserk mode , if entered into a ruined fortress appear overlapping the ruined fortress.

These have been occured to me as atmost a rare exception like once in a thousand chance. I only noticed it these four times only. And it was while I was using my old phone (kitkat 4.4.2) . And i haven't yet seen it in my new android 10 . So i declare it might be some sort of a glitch within lower androids.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
BeanofKnowledge

I have a pretty old phone running Android 8, so that's probably it
BeanofKnowledge

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:03 pm i dont understand are they occupying same tile?
Yes, the Canoneer is on the same tile as the great flag
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Wait a minute, this is completely something else than what i said. And how on Earth is this getting in the same tile? I haven't seen two units occupy same tile unless it is a CARRIER and as far I know, great flag in not a carrier.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 pm Wait a minute, this is completely something else than what i said. And how on Earth is this getting in the same tile? I haven't seen two units occupy same tile unless it is a CARRIER and as far I know, great flag in not a carrier.
It is a carrier.
Flag can carry 1 unit, but doesn't hide it and allows shooting normally.
It was made like that to represent, that it doesn't take much space on a tile and people can be around it.

And it would still be the same issue - graphic overlay (the part that goes on higher tile) not keeping proper order of display (z parameter).

By the way - which archer unit was getting overlapped?
Regular 1 tile "Archer"?
BeanofKnowledge wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:41 pm I have a pretty old phone running Android 8, so that's probably it
Android 8 is not so old. At least not comparing to 4.4.
While current game is on sdk for 10.0, version 8 shouldn't have any issues, as it was working fine for many of us on that system before.
I think I may have seen something similar, but it was years back either on android 6.0 with miui or 4.4.2
The most important question though is - does it happen always? Or commonly? Or it was one time only?
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:48 pm
Hyuhjhih wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 pm Wait a minute, this is completely something else than what i said. And how on Earth is this getting in the same tile? I haven't seen two units occupy same tile unless it is a CARRIER and as far I know, great flag in not a carrier.
It is a carrier.
It was made like that to represent, that it doesn't take much space on a tile and people can be around it.

And it would still be the same issue - graphic overlay (the part that goes on higher tile) not keeping proper order of display (z parameter).

Regular 1 tile "Archer"?
BeanofKnowledge wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:41 pm I have a pretty old phone running Android 8, so that's probably it
While current game is on sdk for 10.0, version 8 shouldn't have any issues, as it was working fine for many of us on that system before.
I think I may have seen something similar, but it was years back either on android 6.0 with miui or 4.4.2
The most important question though is - does it happen always? Or commonly? Or it was one time only?
"Flag can carry 1 unit, but doesn't hide it and allows shooting normally"
i think we ned to figure out something else, no other unit should "not hide" than bridge like things (that look good under other unit)
- so either flag should hide the unit
- on not being able to carry
- or keeping this but making the image looking good with every unit type (eg. an elepant :) - i am not talking about overlapping problem

overlaping problem is a known one as Z order of overlapped parts is not changing as unit move up and down the map (so it is in creation order of the sprite)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Flag is capturable i think (at least in aof) and that is why i think it must have carry cap.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
BeanofKnowledge

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:48 pm
It is a carrier.

Regular 1 tile "Archer"?
I ran a few tests, and it's still happening, other units are also affected :
http://imgur.com/a/j5DpylR
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is a known problem as i wrote above.

Return to “Game”