Multiplayer Error - IMPLMENETED v0.9993

Storgar

Multiplayer Error - IMPLMENETED v0.9993

Post by Storgar »

I am currently in a multiplayer game and 4 turns went missing and it just seemed to carry on from a point 4 turns earlier in the game.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Multiplayer Error

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sounds bad.
can you send me the game id? (logclick on game and there is a long ID after the "sync to server" part.

do you know any specifics? eg. were there anyone that was not responding so someone kicked/skipped him and so on.

thanks-
Storgar

Post by Storgar »

Cant find the game id but the name of the game when it was in the multiplayer section waiting for joiners is Epic 2 on a 40x40 Mediterranean map.
One of the players had been kicked during those 4 turns and is now back in the game.
I am wondering if it could be that he had not updated the game when it was his turn, pressed end turn but it did not send as he had not updated. Then he got booted for missing turns. Then he updated a few days later and his turn sent overwriting the turns we had taken since.
I am only guessing there but could it be something like that?
If so it would be good if there was a pop up when you open the multiplayer game section saying that there is a new update that needs installing and it blocks you from opening the multiplayer games until you have updated.
Storgar

Post by Storgar »

I think I may have found the game ID

355715975797243x-2014-07-0*15:17:39.000:55/49
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Thanks! I will check it!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i am hopefully fixed this error, however it will need extensive testing...
(the core of the problem was:
- player A had an old version of the game,
- but the others were playing a few turns (by kicking A, or A had 2 phones and played with one but had an old verion on the other)
- and now A takes a turn on the old version ->here there was no prevention.
now i have fixed it and a client can only update the game if he had the most up to date version (that is now on the server).

Return to “Solved/Answered”