Castle: build time on researching massive IMPLEMENTED

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Castle: build time on researching massive IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

LagitKiller thought there is a bug on building a castle, so please someone tell me how these work (by testing it)

case 1: ambidextry + no techs (no massive walls/no masonry) -> how much "mending" action to build the castle?
case 2: ambidextry + all techs (massive walls + masonry) -> how much "mending" action to build the castle?
case 3: ambidextry + no techs, build up to approx 50% of the castle, invent all techs (massive walls + masonry), build up the rest ->
- how much "mending" action used to reach the original 50%?
- and also how much to build it completely after researches?
- also what was the exact HP on 50% readiness?

LagitKiller suggested that if you research the techs you have extended build time - question is how to change?

for helping this i implemented into the "stat sheet" that the "construction bonus" and the "mending bonus" is shown on the statsheet - up on server.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Castle: build time when researching massive walss

Post by DoomCarrot »

Just did a test.

1. This took 16 turns as expected.
2 This took 29 turns.
3. v-----v-----v-----v

-It took 8 turns to build about halfway (makes sense, 16 divided by 2...)
-it took another 22 turns after all the researches were complete to finish. Thus, the total was 30 turns.
-477 HP

-Also, a weird bug: when the techs were researched, the first worker to start building the castle again caused the image to go from looking halfway complete to barely complete. Maybe this was intended but it is still weird...
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thank you so much!
which app version you have?
LagitKiller

Post by LagitKiller »

This has always been the case, for example if you were building a barracks and were 3 turns out of 4 into it when you finished researching massive walls, it would take another 2-3 turns, for 5-6 turns total. This wasn't that big of a deal, but since now with the new update castles double in hp, if you are 800 hp into building one without any techs, so about 18-20 turns, and then you get massive walls, which makes it 800/2000 instead of 800/1000, it takes another 20 or so turns, so about 35-40 total, and this can make a huge difference, which is what happened to me in my game against Daniel. However, knowing this, I'll watch out for it and be able to keep it from happening to me again. And I don't think it would be easy to fix, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, but keep this in mind when building castles.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

this is a bug, it should be 16 turns always regardless to the wall techs.
the only thing can "increase" the cost if you research it in the middle of construction:
eg: you build the castle to 500hp in 8 turns then research wall techs, so 500 is no longer half of the 2200hp, so you will need extra 12 turns or so (this was what we discussed)

so i am on the fix now, i should not have published the tech changes with this bug in it...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

In an mp game, I tried building a guard tower after the masonry and massive walls techs: it is now 112 hp total and takes ~5 turns to build (I haven't completed it yet).
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:thank you so much!
which app version you have?
I was using the newest gp version when I ran the tests.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i think is have a fix.

please someone redo the tests mentioned above to see how it works (up on server in 10 minutes)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

have anyone tried these? can i publish it? thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Here i asked feedback on the fix.

DoomCarrot said it is still not working.

please confirm it is still an issue or not.

thanks!
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I have it in at least 4 multi games. It seems to work fine for me.
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Castle: build time on researching massive IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

No, it is still broken. I just ran a quick test to make sure. I had 4 workers with ambidextria, and built the castle halfway with 8 worker turns. Then I researched masonry, and it took 11 more turns for the workers to build, which made the castle take a total of 19 turns with ambidextria when it should have taken 16, because masonry was researched halfway through.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the only thing can "increase" the cost if you research it in the middle of construction:
eg: you build the castle to 500hp in 8 turns then research wall techs, so 500 is no longer half of the 2200hp, so you will need extra 12 turns or so (this was what we discussed)
yes that is known, before massive walls you reached fewer hp on building - so we discussed this is ok to have it longer if you finish the tech in the middle - you say you dont like it?

Imageine a discussion of builders:
"we started a light castle"
"we are half way of finishing it..."
"now the lord comes to build massive walls instead"
"now we can go back on the half ready castle to strengthen all the standing walls too, we work twice... my Lord..."

:)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, well I personally find it kind of weird and just thought that it was strange that the issue still persisted after we had been working on it, although I didn't realize that it was agreed to leave this be.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:
yes that is known, before massive walls you reached fewer hp on building - so we discussed this is ok to have it longer if you finish the tech in the middle - you say you dont like it?

Imageine a discussion of builders:
"we started a light castle"
"we are half way of finishing it..."
"now the lord comes to build massive walls instead"
"now we can go back on the half ready castle to strengthen all the standing walls too, we work twice... my Lord..."

:)
That is what my workers say every time :)
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Solved/Answered”