Other dimension separator

Ideas about the main menu, the menu structur, upgrades part visuality or how they work and so on.
Detros

Other dimension separator

Post by Detros »

Can we use other separator for dimensions of maps? Currently it uses "/" so map "20/10" is twice as long as it is high.

At first at tutorial maps it quite confused me: I got three stars but only 20/25 of some points? Or is it number of units to maximum units? Some difficulty gauge? Only at like 4th map or so I realized what this means, thanks to those map preview images on the left.

I think "x" is much more used for this task. So "20x10" would convey "width 20, height 10" more comprehensibly, IMO.

How do you others feel about it? Did you realized what "20/25" at the first tutorial map means immediately?
Hardeep

Re: Other dimension separator

Post by Hardeep »

I'm old as dirt....
You'd have to ask a rookie like DoomCarrot who actually went through the tutorials cause he didn't know how to play :lol:
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Hardeep hahahaha :)

Well it seems pretty obvious that it would be on an x/y axis. Would it be best to clarify that in parentheses to save space?
Thanks!
Josh
Detros

Post by Detros »

COOLguy wrote:Hardeep hahahaha :)

Well it seems pretty obvious that it would be on an x/y axis. Would it be best to clarify that in parentheses to save space?
I don't think "30x20" would take too more space than "30/20" currently is.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hardeep wrote:I'm old as dirt....
You'd have to ask a rookie like DoomCarrot who actually went through the tutorials cause he didn't know how to play :lol:
I actually never played the tutorials, to this day. :lol:
The first map I ever played was the "Great Swing" fiction map, and I got my butt kicked by the AI.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Lel, am I like the only one that did the training?
Epic Gamer Moment!
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I have do it,if you want to know.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.

Return to “Main menu”