Imperial War Chariot

User avatar
StormSaint373
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:35 pm
Location: USA, East Ohio

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by StormSaint373 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Yes, Please do.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 pm

I meant armour should be high and health too with high cost but lower mobility.

An imperial knight rides a heavly armoured horse with high speed, this is 2 horses, pulling a heavily armoured chariot, carrying an armoured imperial rider. 1 cap should be fine and I wouldn't be against the passenger being killed with the driver.

User avatar
StormSaint373
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:35 pm
Location: USA, East Ohio

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by StormSaint373 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 pm

Oh, fine... :(

Edited.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .

User avatar
General Brave
Posts: 4587
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 am
Location: The Four Point Military Academy.

Re: Imperial battle wagon

Post by General Brave » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:31 pm

makazuwr32 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:09 pm
I don't support wagon idea. Not only because of damage (that is not the main complain about that idea).

Chariot with 1 carry capacity will be better.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:21 am
Imperial chariot
Cost - 5 turns, trainable at stables (also in castle if as imperial unit)
Hp - 40
Attack - 16
Range - 1
Armor - 3/3
Speed - 4, can't move through forest
Sight - 6
Carry capacity - 1 (can carry only foot units like swordman, mage, healer, archer, can't carry siege, wagons and cavalry, units inside can act like in tower - attack, use spells), can't be carried by wagons.
Spell resist - 100%
50% bonus to infantries, archers, giants.
Just think:
You can with this unit make pretty powerful combination if you will put inside healer of mage - healer can support your units without fear to be one shotted and mage as even more costly unit is even better because you need him to get closer to enemies for using some his spells (slowing, disarmor) and this way he will be able to live longer.
I like this idea but isn't it more of a coach not a chariot.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Again, that's why I said raise hp and armour, plus cost. The unit doesn't need to have as much speed as a normal imperial knight, just higher defense or Hp. A chariot was more feared back then compared to a cavalry. They were well armoured and could plow through enemy ranks like they were nothing, they consisted of 2 people, 1 rider, and 1 archer. Some even had 2 archers. Sometimes they put spikes on the wheels so that they can hamstring enemy cav, shatter the wheel of an enemy chariot, or just to shred infantry. These stats don't necessarily show it as being such a tank.
Hp:95
Arm:7/9
Cost:8
And the rest should be fine.
Effected by cavalry upgrades.

This would look more like a chariot and would definitely act like an imperial replacement for a giant like an Olog hai and Juggernaut. The cap 1 should be fine too so you may garrison a archer, mage, or healer to assist the driver. Melee would be fine with him.

In the end stats would be:
Imperial War chariot.
Cost:8
Hp:95
Atk:16
Rng:1
Sight:6
Spd:4 can't move through forests.
Cap:1 (unit can act as if in tower, no heal)
Arm:7
P.arm:9
Res:100%
Bonus to giants, infantry, archers
Effected by cavalry upgrades.

Now stats like these make it somewhat like the Olog hai. The olog is a heavy infantry amongst heavy infantry, the chariot should be a heavy cavalry amongst heavy calvary. The constant complaint on how the Imperial knight being easily killed by a goblin pikemen lead to this. It will have more hp and armour then an imperial knight as well as a capacity, but has a spd, atk, and inability to traverse forests as its cons. It has now become a mobile cavalry unit that must rely on a passenger for main combat when it comes to the enemy hiding in the woods, water, or mountains (3 terrain debuffs, plus the cavalry weakness means 4 weaknesses altogether just like the Olog hai.)

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:23 am

Now all we need is someone good at drawing an imperial soldier in a armoured chariot while we continue are discussion here. Both chariot, horse, and imperial are armoured. Think of like this, imperial saw how good one horse could do so they went ahead and tried putting 2 horses strapped to a chariot and see how well that did.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by makazuwr32 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:22 am

I disagree with that insane armor.
In aos chariots cost less than knights, have less hp and damage.

Same thing here.
Chariots yes were used for some time and they were more fearsome than light cavalry but they can't armor all their horses and because they can't have more hp and armor than knight.

Spell resist definately must be 100% because if you convert transporting unit than unit inside will attack that converted unit. And this is really weird.

Stormsaint's stats are too high for 5 turn unit with carry capacity.

Mine are better (ofc it will be upgradable via blacksmith).
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:24 am

(The only reason I'm not going to argue this further is because honestly I just want the unit in for better lifespan of certain other units)

Fine we go with that way, we still need someone to make an image.

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:18 am

Still needs image...

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:18 am

How's this? Someone can edit this if they want. hint, hint.
Attachments
Imperial War chariotier.png
Imperial War chariotier.png (2.68 KiB) Viewed 1231 times

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:23 am

No comments yet?

User avatar
Gral.Sturnn
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Gral.Sturnn » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:05 am

Very good! And also dont expect very quick responses im kinda used to it already ;)
~Gral.Sturnn

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:09 am

Ya, I know, just needed to bump it up.

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:20 am

Updated, ready?

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by makazuwr32 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:44 am

Looks good to me.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

User avatar
Lynx Shafir
Posts: 1528
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 4:24 am

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Lynx Shafir » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:07 pm

It's A bit big - the rider - bigger than horses
(Also u hardly see in that helmet)

Its cut in half right? Cos looks like a wheelchair to me.
Wear your scars with pride 'cos each has a story to tell .
What your scars tell about you?

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:09 pm

:lol:

Yes, that's what I was thinking but the original rider was at original size. I'll shrink him a bit.

User avatar
General Brave
Posts: 4587
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 am
Location: The Four Point Military Academy.

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by General Brave » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:49 pm

At least it looks good with the space he has, and a wheelchair pulled by horses sounds great.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3942
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Savra » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:16 pm

This better?
Attachments
Imperial War chariotier.png
Imperial War chariotier.png (2.61 KiB) Viewed 1183 times

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by makazuwr32 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:11 am

One little update to this unit:
It can carry ONLY mage, healer, imperial healer and basic infantries, archers and pikemen as well as all their upgrades.
It can't carry other imperials, any cavalry, warmages, elephants, siege (they are too heavy for it).
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

User avatar
General Brave
Posts: 4587
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 am
Location: The Four Point Military Academy.

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by General Brave » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:56 am

I will try see if we can make this any better.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.

User avatar
godOfKings
Posts: 2192
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by godOfKings » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 pm

I think head of brown horse needs to b clearer, and give a sword on right side hand at least
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

User avatar
Alexander82
Posts: 6741
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Imperial War Chariot

Post by Alexander82 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 pm

I think that imperial units should show, when possible, the dragon emblem they have on the shield

Anyway chariots should be standalone units (and not necessarily too armored) whilw a war wagon might be slower than a normal wagon, very armored and might allow attack from the inside (basically a smaller moving tower)
Age of Fantasy design leader

Post Reply

Return to “Human”