Human Subrace: Warfell.

General Brave

Re: Human Subrace: Warfell.

Post by General Brave »

Tankhead wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:48 am
General Brave wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:07 am Basically like the money courier.
@General Brave I think you should pick what buildings and units should be in for subrace in case not everything goes in
What's your opinion.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

As for me it is fine.
Maybe exept of some dragons everything can be included to the game.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

MY OPINION of what should be a subrace

Buildings:
Royal palace
Four point military academy
Fort

Units:
Warfell Herald
Warfell capital swords man
Warfell capital spear man
Warfell capital archer
Warfell capital captain ( if possible )
Warfell capital knight
Warfell sword man
Warfell spear man
Warfell archer
Warfell knight ( mounted only )
Warfell mage
Warfell anti Calvary

Beastclan and Scalefolk people need to be avoided. Humans using gun like weapons leave to dwarves and creation/creators
This subrace will need upgrade techs of they're own so a possible blacksmith only for Warfell units ( includes captains )
Capital units can only be produce in royal palace.
Other units can be made in four point military academy
As for blacksmith lets use a image you already made and turn it into a black smith

I can give you reasons why I didn't chose other units/buildings depending on what unit/building you were wondering.

Other things not being used need to be campaign/map editer units.

My best conclusion for now....

If you have other reasons why the other units/buildings should be in please explain why
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Personally i see here only dragons and humans. And because dragons are not only scaledfolk exclusive than why not?
As for flamethrower and that rifleman-like unit — they are using arcane enchants to shoot, not the gunpowder.

As for buildings maybe exept barracks i want to see all of 'em.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You are right about that.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Agree with, we can't put it as it's now.

Also for Aura buffers we have 2 regular human concept.
So nee different.

Also, how u imagine bringing in. For gems all?
Regular human units have 3 levels.
U make me buy 2 knight upgrade, and after a warfell knight similar to upgraded one.
That doesn't work.
May we don't need 3 levels for units (reg. Hum)
Same the normal units warfell corespondant (eg spearman)
May better armored?
Or with imperial stats
Than again no use to add.just a copy of armored units.
NOTING new, exciting fantasy : (

This subrace advantage should be a t to bring different defensive structures and weapon/tech upgrades.

If add it.
Buildings-
Tower
military academy
Fort
(may a common building for magical creatures, and warriors. Not restricted to one faction)
But already have suggested some mega buildings.

If not add musketeer alchemist and such gun or potion units than no reason to add a costly subrace just for better armored regular units.
If say no gunpowder to humans.
But an alchemist why not (completely different from dwarven one)

As u sad general this is older idea and need rewamp to current situation.
I recomand Not adding anything until humans get a major update for regular side.
(mean basic units, siege, elementals mages and holy units.)
And some Aura building to see how influence the game.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

The regular ones will get a update once I finished testing.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

I wanted everything but I'm not sure how much stuff sub races are allowed to have to a main race, and 3 level of upgrades? I was only thinking 1 or 2, mostly 1 cause again this is a subrace and on top of main human upgrades.
So 1 for now?

Maka since its not unbalanced cool, BUT the main thing I want in the sub race is something Warfell units only have.

Special Structures? It can't be alot considering main humans have more structures coming in soon UNLESS AGAIN someone can tell me the amount a sub race can have

Gems? Never thought of it since I just buy gems anyways. what about some Warfell are already useable once implemented and the better units/structures you have to get the rest with gems?
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I will post my personal suggestions for each unit and structure.
They will be more costly than regular humans but they'll be a bit more powerful and will have something special. I am thinking what it must be - aura, ability, passive or tile effect.

Than we will think about them again. Alright?

As for buying i suggest to add 40-60 gem buying thing that will open nearly all units exept few specific ones.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
getfreur

Post by getfreur »

The flamethrower is a must have for a Byzantine vibe and I still don't understand the gold thing, what use you will have for it? It can jump a turn in the creation of a unit if it enter a structure?
Lordaeron Will rise again!!
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Yes.
getfreur

Post by getfreur »

I like it, I would say to remove the no humans and put more specialized buniys, like in place of worker a unit called engine that has a look of a renassanse architect and some civilians with a more noble look.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Unfortunately some units and buildings still must be excluded.

what will be excluded (all these still can be used for something else - like forest outpost is actually quite good for elves):
Forest outpost - because it doesn't fit much for humans still. more like elven one, can be used for elven hidden buildings
Foundry - Because they don't have any mechanical or something like that units, i think this one can fit for dwarves.
Barracks - Because these are a different variant of current barracks and it is easy tobe confused with them.
Bastion - 3 mega buildings is too much still for sub race, also this one looks worst from all 3 ones (i mean it looks awesome but 2 other are even better). can be used for dwarves as well.

Cerler guard and upgrade - this is human race. i can allow dragons here but not something else.
War dog - because it won't fit much in concept i will make.
Hound knight and dismounted version - because i don't like this idea in general.
Drake worker - because i want to make Warfell buildings producable by normal workers or otherwise they will be underused. can fit though for scaledfolks in current state.
Drake builder - don't fit in color theme for subrace. only because of that. can fit though for scaledfolks in current state.

What i am thinking for now still:
Tent - too much teamcolor. only because of that.
Pier - it is as for me a bit too modern looking for humans, also can be used as replacement of current docks image still.
Flamer - looks too modern.
Herald - because they already have quite a few leader-like units who can have an aura

What i want to see as replacement or addition to current humans (these units and buildings will be regular human ones):
Academy - replacement of mage's hut.
Stone bridge - addition to basic humans with better stats than normal bridge.

What i want to see as neutral building:
Gold mine - i want to see this building as neutral captureble one with 1 carry capacity that can produce those gold wagons only for 3 turns.
Maybe they can be placed by map generator at random maps.

Plans on Warfell subfaction:
0.1. They will be researchable for 6-8 turns in tc to begin construction of buildings and training of units.
0.2. They all will be affected by regular blacksmith upgrades.
1. Their standart units (all exept capital ones and cavalry, basic ones) will be similar to normal humans analogs but with some more armor or better damage. their upgraded variants will gain some dodges as well (enchantments) but tier 3 units of normal humans will be better in terms of lon game by themselves.
2. They will fight better in formations (archers will add some dodge arrows to nearby warfell non-archer infantries and footmans will add to other non-footman infantries and archers some armor, effects will be non-stackale)
3. their cavalry will be something like hussars and hungarian hussars in AoS - Better than normal knights with maybe more speed but upgraded normal cavalry will become better in late game. By themselves - they will be affected by aura of cavalry captain and can become quite powerful still.
4. Capital units will be mega buildings exclusive, have similar stats to imperials but with some changes. i am thinking still.

As for buildings:
Fort - Main production building, can defend itself as well. trains basic units of Warfell. counts as normal building, but has more hp and armor than regular productions and cost more turns to make one. trains spearman, footman, iron archer (name will be changed), lead holder (name will be changed), shield guard. after upgrade can produce as well cavalry units - Spear cavalry (name will be changed) and Sword cavalry (name will be changed) and upgraded main units of warfell.
Ministry of war (name will be changed) - produces both magic users of warfell and lead holder (name will be changed), can produce as well their wagon which has more armor and health for the same cost.
Archer tower - can be built on normal terrain, archers inside have vision effect (similar to elven one) but it adds only damage to them. holds 2 units.
The Four Point Military Academy (name will be changed) - Lesser mega building, can produce capital units of warfell, their naval units if near water and has few special researches for warfell units.
The Royal Palace - most powerful castle of warfell, unique, can produce 2 unique units (king and queen) in addition to ALL units of warfell.

Also after upgrade that updates units to their armored (i will change this name update as well) variants they will become producable in normal buildings of humans - barracks, archery range, academy, stables.

All stats will be later.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

As I told privately to @General Brave I believe that Warfell units (those we will choose to put in) might filla few possible roles

1) cost like basic units and have better stats but no upgrades (they are better at the start but worse in the long run)

2) stats and cost in between basic and imperial units and maybe a single level of upgrades

3) low cost and good stats BUT they can only be recruited at a mega building that is the city state of warfell that will be a legendary unit (so they are basically an addition of strong units but you can't make a whole army out of them).

4) same as 3 but using the existing mega buildings that will all be legendary
Age of Fantasy design leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

4th option Alexander suggested sounds best for me of all ideas. That's a very good use of legendry units mechanic in my opinion. I'm ok with reusing part of those as Mak suggested. I aggre with what he wants to exclude too.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
getfreur

Post by getfreur »

Maintain the barracks and change it to armory or something like that, the Byzantine used flamethrowers 1500 years ago so in a universe that have magic and civilizations with airships, gunpowder and moving trees I think it's ok for them to have at least one technology marvel, the gold mine to be a battlefield resources that can be captured I agree, I think it should be maintain the knight mounted and dismounted because I like the sprites and look like a Warcraft footman and the tent should have a brownish look with a flag having the faction color, I think a hospital role would be great for flavour the map in sieges.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I prefer to be them as mix of 2 and 3:
№2 - stats will be a bit better than normal units but lower than imperials for nearly all exept of capital units.
№3 for capital ones - similar stats to imperials, recrutable at mega building of warfell, lower cost.

As for flamer - i am not against idea in general. i don't like image itself because it looks WAAAY too modern (19-20th century ones, not the 5th-7th century. also Byzantine didn't have mobile flamers which were carriable by 1 or even 2 humans.)
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Ok. So we agree that warfell are considered a "legendary" subrace recruitable at one or a few, at most, legendary mega buildings?

We can adjust their stats once we decide how to recruit them.
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Exept of capital units i think they must be recrutable at normal buildings of warfell and in unique castle as i suggested.
Capital ones in Mega buildings only.

No legendary ones though.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
getfreur

Post by getfreur »

I agree with the stats statement and the flamethrowers we don't have information about how they work, the technology was lost so we will never know how it look, but we are talking about a universe with fireballs and undead, just say that it's a magic that contain the gas inside a tank and is ignite when the user use the equipment.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Actually we know how they could look and how they worked.
They were barrels with oil (the one that is used now for making gasoline), from which were some pipes (from wood) and they were usually nearly stationary. they were the best for oiling enemy ships and then burning 'em to the crisp.

I will post my suggestion of stats for warfell units i want to keep later.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

@Alexander82, @General Brave
My personal suggestion of Warfell Subrace.

0. You need research 6 turn cost Legendary research (only one player can research it!) "Warfell reinforcements" in TC to unlock Warfell units. Use for research Shield image from first post.
0.1. All units exept of king, queen, ships, and casters are affected by human blacksmith upgrades.
Fort:
Hp - 80
Attack - 8
Range - 7
Actions/turn - 1
Armor - 2/8
Carry capacity - 3
Heal rate - 10
Construction rate - +20%
Mending rate - +100%
Affected by Masonry upgrade.
Trains and researches:
a.
Warfell footman/Warfell elite footman:
Cost - 2 turns
Hp - 20/23
Attack - 9/12
Armor - 1/1 for both.
Dodges - 0%/0%/50% for elite only.
Speed - 3
Sight - 4
Spell resist - 30%
Standart bonuses to buildings.
b.
Warfell spearman/Warfell elite spearman:
Cost - 2 turns
Hp - 12/15
Attack - 5/7
Range - 1, affected by blacksmith "Reach" upgrade.
Armor - 1/1 for both.
Speed - 3
Sight - 4
Spell resist - 30%
450% bonus to cavalry and 600% to extremly heavy cavalry (like other basic pike units have)
c.
Warfell archer/Warfell elite archer:
Cost - 2 turns
Hp - 14/17
Attack - 6/7
Range - 5/6
Armor - 1/1 for both.
Speed - 3
Sight - 7/8
Spell resist - 30%
50% bonus to infantry.
d.
Shield Guard:
Cost - 3 turns
Hp - 30
Attack - 9
Armor - 3/6
Speed - 2
Sight - 4
Spell resist - 30%
Standart bonus to buildings.
e. Research "Elite warfell training" - upgrades footman, spearman and archer, unlocks for training cavalry.
f.
Warfell Knight:
Cost - 4 turns
Hp - 40
Attack - 15
Armor - 2/4
Speed - 5
Sight - 8
Spell resist - 30%
50% bonus to all infantries, siege, giants.
g.
Warfell Lancer:
Cost - 4 turns
Hp - 32
Attack - 9
Armor - 2/4
Speed - 5
Sight - 6
Spell resist - 30%
150% bonus to all cavalry units and 250% bonus to heavy cavalry ones (imperial knight)
h.
Warfell Captain:
Cost - 6 turns
Hp - 48
Attack - 16
Armor - 3/3
Speed - 5
Sight - 6
Spell resist - 50%
Abilities:
Captain's presence (Aura) - affects all cavalry of Warfell, adds +1 to speed and +2 to damage, Range - 3. Non-stackable.
i.
Warfell Marshal:
Cost - 6 turns
Hp - 50
Attack - 14
Armor - 3/4
Speed - 5
Sight - 6
Spell resist - 60%
Abilities:
Marshal's presence (Aura) - affects ALL non-mounted units of warfell excluding legendary ones, Adds them +1 damage, +1/+1 armor, +1 speed.
Warfell magic academy (Renamed ministry of War):
Hp - 40
Attack - 0
Armor - 0/6
Carry capacity - 2
Construction bonus - 0%
Mending bonus - 0%
Trains:
a.
Warfell Sorcress:
Cost - 5 turns
Hp - 12
Attack - 0
Armor - 0/0
Speed - 3
Sight - 6
Spell range - 4
Spell resist - 30%
Abilities:
Fear
Blinding - Increases miss chance for target unit by 20% and lowers sight range by 1. non-stackable, no cooldown, lasts 3 turns.
Magic missle (range +2 for this if compared to other spells)
Fireball (has same range as mage's one and needs same research)
b.
Warfell Mage:
Cost - 5 turns
Hp - 18
Attack - 0
Armor - 0/0
Speed - 3
Sight - 6
Spell range - 4
Healing rate - 15
Spell resist - 30%
Abilities:
Heal
Clear vision
Trample
Disenchant
Exorcism (also needs as usual research fisrtly)
Warfell Outpost:
Hp - 60
Attack - 0
Armor - 1/4
Carry Capacity - 2
Construction bonus - -20%
Mending bonus - +25%
Abilities:
Aura: Vision (same as elf outpost), range 0 (only archers inside are affected)

Can be built only on clear tiles (same requirements as for other buildings)
Human docks additions:
a.
Warfell Battleship:
Cost - 5 turns
Hp - 56
Attack - 10
Range - 7
Armor - 1/6
Carry capacity - 1
Speed - 5
Sight - 8
Can be built only in docks.
b.
Warfell Transportship:
Cost - 6 turns
Hp - 38
Attack - 1
Range - 1
Armor - 0/6
Carry capacity - 3
Speed - 5
Sight - 6
Can be built only in docks.
Warfell Stronghold (Renamed The Four Point Military Academy):
Mega building. Is NOT unique and because you can build few of them.
Hp - 700
Attack - 8
Range - 6
Actions/turn - 2
Armor - 2/15
Carry capacity - 4
Healing rate - 15
Construction bonus - +350%
Mending bonus - +350%
Abilities:
Burning weapon (passive)
Trains:
a. Warfell Sorcress
b. Warfell Mage
c.
Capital Swordman:
Cost - 5 turns
Hp - 50
Attack - 20
Armor - 5/7
Speed - 3
SIght - 6
Spell resist - 100%
Standart bonus to buildings.
d.
Capital Spearman:
Cost - 4 turns
Hp - 40
Attack - 14
Range - 1, affected by "Reach" upgrade.
Armor - 4/5
Speed - 3
Sight - 6
Spell resist - 100%
300% bonus to all cavalry units.
e.
Capital Archer:
Cost - 4 turns
Hp - 28
Attack - 8
Range - 6
Armor - 4/5
Speed - 3
Sight - 9
Spell resist - 100%
50% bonus to all infantries.
Royal Palace:
Mega building, Legendary.
Hp - 1200
Attack - 10
Range - 8
Actions/turn - 3
Armor - 6/20
Carry Capacity - 4
Healing rate - 20
Construction Bonus - +350%
Mending bonus - +350%
Abilities:
Burning weapon (passive)
Trains:
a. all Warfell units from previous buildings.
b.
King Limestone:
Cost - 10 turns, Legendary unit (Can be trained only one at any time for whole map)
Hp - 100
Attack - 25
Range - 1
Actions/turn - 1
Armor - 5/5
Dodges - 0%/0%/100%
Speed - 5, Flying.
Sight - 8
Spell range - 5
Spell resist - 100%
50% bonus to giants and dragons.
Is not affected by Blacksmith upgrades.
Abilities:
Warfell King's Presence (Passive aura) - All affected Warfell units gain +20% spell resist and +2 to damage. Range - 5.
Fireball - range 7, doesn't require research.
Disarmor
Curse
c.
Queen Serenity:
Cost - 9 turns, Legendary unit.
Hp - 70
Attack - 18
Range - 1
Actions/turn - 2
Armor - 4/4
Dodges - 20%/20%/100%
Speed - 3
Sight - 8
Heal rate - 25
Spell range - 5
Spell resist - 100%
50% bonus to giants and dragons.
Is not affected by Blacksmith upgrades.
Abilities:
Disenchant Weapon (Passive)
Warfell Queen's Presence (Passive aura) - All affected Warfell units gain +20% spell resist and +1/+1 to armor. Range - 5.
Heal
Mass disenchant - Poison breath-like ability that applies to all (both enemy and ally) units in affected area "Disenchant" effect. Cooldown - 1 turn.
Inner Fire - Increases target's armor by +3/+3 and adds 20% hp regeneration/turn. Lasts 3 turns, Cooldown - 1 turn.
Strengthen (self)
ALSO:
1. Change picture of Mage's hut to Academy from first post, change name to Mage's Guild.
2. Change picture of Human Dock to Pier from first post.
3. Add humans (maybe as a separate upgrade for 2-3 gems) Stone Bridges (using image from first post).
4. Using Image of Gold Mine and Warfell Wagon add neutral building - Gold Mine. Trains Gold wagons (use image of Warfell Wagon for that) for 3-4 turns, they act like money couriers. Gold mine has Carry Capacity 1. Can be captured as TC, if captured by enemy this doesn't stop production . They can be placed in the random maps but they will need separate section to choose for spawning (like tc one but for gold mines and with "None" variant as well).
5. Use image of Foundry for Steam Workshop building of dwarves.
6. Use image of Forest outpost for one of buildings by "Invisible in Woods" Tech
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

For me that's good in general.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

17 units and 5 buildings.

Also as for gems i suugest to add into gem upgrades the very first research for 32 gems, Warfell battleship for 5 gems, Warfell stronghold for 7 gems, Royal palace for 10 gems, King limestone for 10 gems and Queen Serenity for 10 gems.

One full column and 74 gems total cost.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Just don't give basic units 3 levels, is useless and kills the game.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Only 2 levels and blacksmith upgrades because 1. They must be a bit weaker than fully upgraded normal units of humans (and these ones will have 3 upgrades) 2. They must be better at start but in long runs they must be not so good ones.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Why can't general brave barracks image act as a second upgrade to current barracks?
Not sure on what it could do though
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

We can just replace current barracks image with that, so it is not the same as in AoS maybe. Though it's really similar.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Midonik wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:16 pm We can just replace current barracks image with that, so it is not the same as in AoS maybe. Though it's really similar.
Any difference will do just to keep Aof/Aos their own thing
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Nice paragraph, anything else.

Return to “Subraces - Humans”